[OT] Michael Jackson has died

darksabre

Guest Sloth

I was beyond shocked when I heard Billy Mays passed away. He is the ONLY infomerical I, hate to admit this, enjoyed watching. I never bought anything Billy pitched, but the talent he had was incredible. What Billy could pull off was simply amazing. My wife and I were watching him in an interview on one of the main tv stations, and they put Billy on the spot by having him "sell" something pointless. Billy was very witty, if that's the best way to put it. Billy did not stutter or hesitate to say anything about the pointless object given to him during the interview. He had a talent only a number of people have. Billy, too, will be another individual that will be missed by a countless number of people. RIP, Billy.

I was beyond shocked when I heard Billy Mays passed away. He is the ONLY infomerical I, hate to admit this, enjoyed watching. I never bought anything Billy pitched, but the talent he had was incredible. What Billy could pull off was simply amazing. My wife and I were watching him in an interview on one of the main tv stations, and they put Billy on the spot by having him "sell" something pointless. Billy was very witty, if that's the best way to put it. Billy did not stutter or hesitate to say anything about the pointless object given to him during the interview. He had a talent only a number of people have. Billy, too, will be another individual that will be missed by a countless number of people. RIP, Billy.

Oxyclean really works... Try it in your laundry. Works well with a mop on the floors and as an all purpose abrasive cleaner.

:lol:

How apropos!

BTW, P.A., did you check out the Dead Pool yet?

Yeah. Jean Stapleton (Edith the Dingbat) is still with us.

Boy the way Ryan Miller played

Checks that made the hit parade

Fans like us we had it made

Those were the days

And you knew where Max was then

Leafs were Leafs and men were men

Mister we could use a man like Jay McKee again

Didn't need no welfare state

Everybody threw his weight

Gee our old power play ran great

Those were the days!

Those were the days

Those were the days!

:lol:

Look at you all poetic and stuff ... from waxing poetry to Wilburs you just get down on it Old man, Go PA Go .. ;)

Those were the days

Those were the days!

Very nicely done.

What was the last death that got this much coverage, JFK? At least his weakness was women. I'd say this is getting absurd, but that already happend 10 minutes after he died.

I like what Peter King had to say about it. Granted, it wasn't politically correct, but he was spot on.

In the meantime, young children in Africa are dying this very minute from starvation and disease without any notice.

I like what Peter King had to say about it. Granted, it wasn't politically correct, but he was spot on.

In the meantime, young children in Africa are dying this very minute from starvation and disease without any notice.

Is that what Peter King said? If it is, I don't see anything politically incorrect about it at all (raising awareness of strife in the face of our obsession with MJ), and it is spot on.

Is that what Peter King said? If it is, I don't see anything politically incorrect about it at all (raising awareness of strife in the face of our obsession with MJ), and it is spot on.

Meanwhile, we spend a lot of our lives watching and talking about and worrying about a hockey team, while children die.

Sorry. Had to say it.

Meanwhile, we spend a lot of our lives watching and talking about and worrying about a hockey team, while children die.

Sorry. Had to say it.

You're not wrong, either, although we're not the mainstream media. I'll bet that most of us devote at least some portion of time/money to making the world a little less unpleasant, and that the Sabres are a welcome break from real world pressures.

Mainstream news media shouldn't need that break, though. Content providers are companies, not people; a company has no soul that needs rest once in a while, and a company has no need for hobbies. So when news stations carry 24/7 coverage of a popstar's death, while there are riots in China and Iran, while there are young children dying, etc., those stations are rightly criticized for it.

You're not wrong, either, although we're not the mainstream media. I'll bet that most of us devote at least some portion of time/money to making the world a little less unpleasant, and that the Sabres are a welcome break from real world pressures.

Mainstream news media shouldn't need that break, though. Content providers are companies, not people; a company has no soul that needs rest once in a while, and a company has no need for hobbies. So when news stations carry 24/7 coverage of a popstar's death, while there are riots in China and Iran, while there are young children dying, etc., those stations are rightly criticized for it.

They're carrying it because more people are interested in Michael Jackson than starving kids.

They're carrying it because more people are interested in Michael Jackson than starving kids.

Wait a minute

**closes TMZ page**

Are you trying to tell me that somewhere Children are starving?

get off your soapbox. Michael jackson died for crying out loud. Lets honor him for the great man that he was. :thumbdown:

What about the folks here in the US who are starving

Wait a minute

**closes TMZ page**

Are you trying to tell me that somewhere Children are starving?

get off your soapbox. Michael jackson died for crying out loud. Lets honor him for the great man that he was. :thumbdown:

Eleven is on the soapbox. I wish I was on it -- with 13 from "House."

Or have I been schnookered into this response? Maybe my sarcasm radar is down today.

Eleven is on the soapbox. I wish I was on it -- with 13 from "House."

Or have I been schnookered into this response? Maybe my sarcasm radar is down today.

yep its down. Have a few sips of "Grandpa's cough medicine" :beer: You should be back to normal before long.

Archived