[OT] Michael Jackson has died

darksabre

why is this posted on SS in the first place?

I thought Michael Jackson was drafted in the 1st round in 1999 by DR but he ended up not being able to sign him. As i recall he was a small speedy winger with an offensive touch and lots of potential.

Guest Sloth
Well looks like I have to go against the grain with the tone in this thread so far. :rolleyes:

Let me say that yes it is a sad day and some people do care. I will admit the dude got real weird in older age but nothing(pediphile) was ever really proven amongst all of the allegations. I do think what we had here was a tortured soul hanging onto his childhood. Anyone whose getting a little long in tooth can understand the desire to hang onto their youth. What gets overlooked is all the generous things he did for many other kids over the years at his never never land that never accused him of anything and it gets passed over in all that other hear say.

There is a reason he is considered the king of pop and he also did a hell of allot for the music industry and set many trends through the early part of his career and into the late 80's. Who doesn't know someone who tried to moonwalk ? He was a perfomer that entertained and I for one am sad I never did get to see one of his shows in the eighties... They were chick magnets .....

Michael no one understood you but may you finally have some peace..

Of the posts that have been written on this topic, this one is the best. I was beyond shocked when I found out he died. I will admit I was not a major fan of MJ, but I did enjoy a number of his songs/performances. I had hopes the tour MJ was planned for would be a success, and reignite his career and his reputation. Sadly, the career success will not happen, but there's a chance his rep will improve w/ people remembering the good times MJ gave them. But then again, I can see people only thinking about the things MJ had been accused of. In today's society, people will react in what ever way the media wants them too...

With all those quotation marks, didn't you mean your "glass"?

Sorry if the quotations bother you. I wanted my point to get across, therefore the marks. She died and would have had a lot of air play and then MJ came along mere hours later and bumped her. Not often 2 very famous people die on the same die.

And "the poster" will always deserve quotations.

She died and would have had a lot of air play and then MJ came along mere hours later and bumped her. Not often 2 very famous people die on the same die.

Not only did it make Farrah obscure, it knocked Ahmadinejad, Iraq, health care, Sanford, and everything else out of the news cycle. In fact, I'll bet you it was an Irani plot to change the news.

Not only did it make Farrah obscure, it knocked Ahmadinejad, Iraq, health care, Sanford, and everything else out of the news cycle. In fact, I'll bet you it was an Irani plot to change the news.

Paging Mr. Elliot Carver...

Sorry if the quotations bother you. I wanted my point to get across, therefore the marks. She died and would have had a lot of air play and then MJ came along mere hours later and bumped her. Not often 2 very famous people die on the same die.

And "the poster" will always deserve quotations.

I think you missed the humor in his reply...which was admittedly quite subtle (and hilarious)

Well, a day has passed and I'll offer my sincere condolences to his family, true friends, and true fans. Granted, he was way different than all of us, but he was undeniably talented beyond belief. I'm most interested to see if his life choices haunt him in death. I'm going to presume that he died of either an acute drug overdose or possibly from prolonged drug abuse. Now the real battle begins... What happens to his assets, his debt, his children, those that he may or may not have molested and paid off (I wonder how non disclosure agreements work after one party is dead, referring to the $15 million settlement and NDA with the kid in 1993), and most importantly, if the truth will be revealed about any potential child abuse that he may have suffered from his father. Again, all joking aside, RIP... Now, if the truth comes out and he has indeed done wrong, then I'll reconsider my thoughts at that time, but for now, I think we can all appreciate that MJ was the #1 star of our generation, even though it has been 15 years since he was relevant... Much like Elvis, Michael will live forever now.

CDX--you got me. rickshaw, it wasn't a shot at your writing style.

I wasn't sure. Seems silly, I know, but Farrah was huge for me. I got "the poster" when I was "11" and I "fell" in "love" with her "immediately."

So I was a bit "down" the other day when I posted and now that I "look back" I see the humour!!!!!

"rickshaw"

"attempted humour in return"

That mighty putty commercial was classic. "Its so strong it will pull an 80,000 pound tractor trailor" :w00t: :doh:

The Audacity of Bull Sh**!

Billy, you will be missed B-)

Yes, he certainly will be. Guy was a character all his own. Just like Jerry Orbach was to Law & Order.

Now Billy Mays.

Who's next? I can't believe Harry Morgan is still with us.

I'm thinking my favorite actor and your avatar, Clint. By the way, saw Grand Torino finally this weekend. The man can act.

I'm thinking my favorite actor and your avatar, Clint. By the way, saw Grand Torino finally this weekend. The man can act.

Great film. Loved the push mower. I have one! Thought the ending was a little implausible and just a bit too tidy though.

Clint's in great shape, I think. Looked good on Letterman recently.

Abe Vigoda can't live forever, can he?

Great film. Loved the push mower. I have one! Thought the ending was a little implausible and just a bit too tidy though.

Clint's in great shape, I think. Looked good on Letterman recently.

Abe Vigoda can't live forever, can he?

I'm pretty sure Abe Vigoda died a few years ago...

edit: nvm, I stand corrected. I was sure he had died. But wiki says no. Who knew?

Archived