[OT] Michael Jackson has died

darksabre

Eleven is on the soapbox. I wish I was on it -- with 13 from "House."

Or have I been schnookered into this response? Maybe my sarcasm radar is down today.

I am NOT on a soapbox! Just saying that Peter King's comment was a reasonable criticism.

And there are plenty of Asian kids getting schnookered every day, but no one seems to care.

I am NOT on a soapbox! Just saying that Peter King's comment was a reasonable criticism.

And there are plenty of Asian kids getting schnookered every day, but no one seems to care.

wonderbread needs to stay in this country.

What about the folks here in the US who are starving

True, but that is overstating the obvious. Not to be defensive, but I made that statement to make a point about the ridiculous oversensationalizing of MJ's 6 foot underground descent (pending further descent).

I am being very serious here - not cynical. I thought that Oscar Mayer was something of a legendary character like Bartles & Jaymes or someone who had passed on a long time ago instead of just recently.

I think this Oscar Mayer is third generation.

My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R, my bolgna has a second name, it's M-E-Y-E-R and if you as me then I'll say it's B-O-L-O-G-N-A!!!!

I guess that dates me, huh??

• 2 weeks later...
My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R, my bolgna has a second name, it's M-E-Y-E-R and if you as me then I'll say it's B-O-L-O-G-N-A!!!!

I guess that dates me, huh??

Isn't it actually:

oh I love to eat it ev'ry day and if you ask me why I'll saaaaay

'cause Oscar Mayer has a way w/ B-O-L-O-G-N-A?

Personally, I've never understood how Oscar Mayer sold/sells any of their processed meats when there are locals like Sahlen's, Wardynski's, Redlinski's, (and formerly Malecki's) and most regions of the country have something better than OM. And another thing, man did it stink when Malecki's went under. They had great dogs and deli meats. Malecki's goes under and OM just keeps churning out over processed, under flavored, over preserved "stuff." It just ain't right.

Isn't it actually:

oh I love to eat it ev'ry day and if you ask me why I'll saaaaay

'cause Oscar Mayer has a way w/ B-O-L-O-G-N-A?

Personally, I've never understood how Oscar Mayer sold/sells any of their processed meats when there are locals like Sahlen's, Wardynski's, Redlinski's, (and formerly Malecki's) and most regions of the country have something better than OM. And another thing, man did it stink when Malecki's went under. They had great dogs and deli meats. Malecki's goes under and OM just keeps churning out over processed, under flavored, over preserved "stuff." It just ain't right.

Most of the country does not have what we have here. I really mean it. Cities--and I mean cities, not 'burbs--across America are saturated with chain restaurants and with national or regional branded foods. Buffalo, not nearly as much. Amherst, and increasingly, OP, sure, but Buffalo, no. We like our locals here. It won't last forever, but our wonderful locals have outlasted their counterparts in most other cities, whether small or large. We have successful and independent pizzerias, sub shops, coffeehouses and wing joints; and we have successful and independent producers of pierogi, ravioli, sausages, coldcuts and even dairy products. It's pretty cool.

I don't know anyone who buys packaged stuff like Oscar Meyer, locally. Really, I just don't. We have better.

(And you forgot Frey's. Best damned hotdog I ever ate, but I think they stopped operating in the mid-90s.)

Most of the country does not have what we have here. I really mean it. Cities--and I mean cities, not 'burbs--across America are saturated with chain restaurants and with national or regional branded foods. Buffalo, not nearly as much. Amherst, and increasingly, OP, sure, but Buffalo, no. We like our locals here. It won't last forever, but our wonderful locals have outlasted their counterparts in most other cities, whether small or large. We have successful and independent pizzerias, sub shops, coffeehouses and wing joints; and we have successful and independent producers of pierogi, ravioli, sausages, coldcuts and even dairy products. It's pretty cool.

I don't know anyone who buys packaged stuff like Oscar Meyer, locally. Really, I just don't. We have better.

(And you forgot Frey's. Best damned hotdog I ever ate, but I think they stopped operating in the mid-90s.)

Oh, I know there are a lot of places where the little guy has already totally lost. I never could find a good hot dog in Houston, had to bring big packs of Sahlen's down when I'd fly back. (That and typically 5 super packs. The consistancy/texture gets really messed up when you freeze them, but at least they still taste right.) (Yeah, I'm the idiot that brought Buffalo-style Mexican food back to Houston. Drove the locals nuts. ;) ) Had a really good butcher's shop/meat market just down the road from where I lived when I was in Cajun country. Another region where the little guy still was doing well. Although I could only find 2 good pizzerias down there, 1 run by a guy from NYC and the other run by a guy from Chicago.

I also find it terribly sad that Subway not only exists but thrives.

Don't know that I ever had Frey's dogs. They made good bologna.

I also find it terribly sad that Subway not only exists but thrives.

I have to admit, I prefer them to almost any place. Local joints think jamming 2 pounds of meat into a plain ass roll is somehow appealing. News flash, not everyone is try to jam large wads of meat :w00t: into their pieholes. I'll take a tasty little roll with just the right amount of inerds any day of the week. Stop trying to jam your meat into my mouth! B-)

I have to admit, I prefer them to almost any place. Local joints think jamming 2 pounds of meat into a plain ass roll is somehow appealing. News flash, not everyone is try to jam large wads of meat :w00t: into their pieholes. I'll take a tasty little roll with just the right amount of inerds any day of the week. Stop trying to jam your meat into my mouth! B-)

When you've got a perfectly good Amiel's, why go to Subway?

Archived