The Music Thread

darksabre

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

They only do the main pop categories during the show in primetime, but that day, there are several shows going on with dozens and dozens of categories that nobody knows of. He won in the classical group.

Outstanding. I actually track some of those categories. I'm a big Bela Fleck fan and he is sometimes in those 'non-primetime' categories as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

AC/DC will be announcing 50th anniversary tour on Monday Feb 12/24

First tour in 8 years. This will be the final swan song of the greatest rock band of all time. 

If I can get tickets it’ll be my 17th show. 

• Like (+1) 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 8:50 PM, SwampD said:
On 2/5/2024 at 8:33 PM, bunomatic said:

Man do the Grammies ever suck. I rarely watch and if I do scroll past its inevitably the swift cam on Taylor in the audience or like last nights ***** show it was the Oprah cam focusing on oprah in the audience every couple of minutes. Reminds me why I hate this show. That and the fact I’ve never heard of the people winning all these awards but they did finally give Joni Mitchel a grammy for the first time ever. I wonder what she thinks when she sees  Swift win 14 every year ?

I agree with all of this.

Me too but I still feel I need to say to @bunomatic

season 13 GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

Anybody know Roy Buchanan?   Criminally underrated guitar player.  A blues player that was at his best playing live.  Known for incredible tone and unique picking styles to get those tones.   Give it some time if you can.  If you play guitar then you really need to listen to some of Roy's work.  

The great Jeff Beck was greatly influenced by Roy, and Jeff dedicated a song to him on his Blow by Blow album.   

Edited by Pimlach

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Anybody know Roy Buchanan?   Criminally underrated guitar player.  A blues player that was at his best playing live.  Known for incredible tone and unique picking styles to get those tones.   Give it some time if you can.  If you play guitar then you really need to listen to some of Roy's work.  

The great Jeff Beck was greatly influenced by Roy, and Jeff dedicated a song to him on his Blow by Blow album.   

I’ve got a couple of his albums. Some great stuff but like you said under rated by a lot of fans but amongst guitar greats he’s lauded.

Edited by bunomatic
  • Thanks (+1) 1