The Music Thread

darksabre

5 hours ago, Night Train said:

Saw the Clash at Rich stadium. I believe it was 1981 with the Who and David Johansen with most of the NY Dolls. Utterly fantastic day. 

The were touring with The Who on their *farewell* tour.  I saw them on that same tour, but I am almost certain it was 1982.  Tory Crimes (Terry Chimes) was back behind the drum kit as Topper was having a tough go of it with heroin at the time.  Great show, but terrible venue (CNE Stadium in The Great Satan - a terrible venue for just about any event).  I left right after The Clash who played just before The Who, if I recall correctly.  Anyway, I did not stay for The Who.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I name Quadrophenia among my favorite albums, many people are not familiar with it. This is a documentary (a little long... an hour) about the making of the album, what inspired it, and a few points I wasn't aware of. I really think it is one of the finest albums ever made.

The full double album

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Shane.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67546785?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

65 is very young, but he had about 165 years on him.

He was Irish through and through.  One of the comparatively few Irish *Macs*.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dr K said:

RIP Peter Green & Danny Kirwan

Fleetwood Mac the 1960s blues band, long before Buckingham and Nicks

Oh Well was when I discovered there was a whole other Fleetwood Mac I didn't know existed before the McVie and Nicks era.  Oddly enough, whenever heard Parts 1 and 2 together, I didn't realize for a long time that they were parts of the same song.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Oh Well was when I discovered there was a whole other Fleetwood Mac I didn't know existed before the McVie and Nicks era.  Oddly enough, whenever heard Parts 1 and 2 together, I didn't realize for a long time that they were parts of the same song.

A great song, one of many Peter Green wrote and played. Tragic how short his early career was. Here's another:

• Like (+1) 2

*Just between you and me* ... it's a sad day.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/myles-goodwyn-dead-at-75-1.7047852

We were just talking about April Wine in the Random Thread.  

Myles had 'retired' from touring just last March - his last show was in Truro, NS.  He had health issues and he must have knon that the end was near.

Sadly, now there is no chance for a miracle and @Taro T will be able to see the fantastic band - there is no April Wine without Myles Goodwyn, even though I think the 'band' is still playing live and were working on a new album.  Halifax's greatest contribution to the rock and roll scene.  

I saw them in 1980 and they were fantstic.

RIP Myles.

• 2 weeks later...