The Music Thread

darksabre

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Pearl Jam released their new full length album today, called Dark Matter. I like it so far. 

I had one of the songs show up in my Amazon music stream today.  I enjoyed it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/19/2024 at 12:32 PM, Porous Five Hole said:

Pearl Jam released their new full length album today, called Dark Matter. I like it so far. 

I keep getting interrupted as I try to listen. I’ve heard bits and pieces of it out of order. 

On 4/19/2024 at 12:28 AM, Doohickie said:

RIP Dickey Betts

I was always curious about what was said to make all those guys laugh when the picture was taken for that album cover. Great album BTW. (And does that make me old that I still call them albums regardless of when they were made?)

• Like (+1) 1

Years ago, we started doing farm shares, produce and meats. Buy Local.

More recently, I’ve made a conscious choice to do something similar with music (especially live music). The results have been more rewarding than I could have anticipated. My favourite thing about Listen Local? Buffalo’s Del Paxton. I avoid labels and comps when it comes to music — but, I’ll offer: If Rush and Weezer had 3 babies, they grew up in and around central NYS, settled in Buffalo, and became hobbyist runners. I listen to the sh1t out of their catalog.

Edited by That Aud Smell

On 4/21/2024 at 1:45 PM, That Aud Smell said:

Years ago, we started doing farm shares, produce and meats. Buy Local.

More recently, I’ve made a conscious choice to do something similar with music (especially live music). The results have been more rewarding than I could have anticipated. My favourite thing about Listen Local? Buffalo’s Del Paxton. I avoid labels and comps when it comes to music — but, I’ll offer: If Rush and Weezer had 3 babies, they grew up in and around central NYS, settled in Buffalo, and became hobbyist runners. I listen to the sh1t out of their catalog.

We just moved back to the area and have been looking for a CSA and meat share. Any good recommendations? 

4 hours ago, #freejame said:

We just moved back to the area and have been looking for a CSA and meat share. Any good recommendations? 

Lol - ironically, with our household now being much smaller, we don't subscribe like we used to. Our produce farm share was always through our church -- it was from the Porter family farm in Genesee County. I think they've since branched out to doing meats as well. They may be WNY's "OG" CSA. I would vouch for them, for sure. When the kids were young, we would visit the farm at some point following harvest -- just to catch a vibe.

https://www.porterfarms.org/about-us

We also used Native Offerings at times - some produce, some beef.

I'll have to ask my wife where we had our pig share for a few years. Because that was my favourite CSA we ever participated in -- loins, tenderloins, chops, bacon -- good lord. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lol - ironically, with our household now being much smaller, we don't subscribe like we used to. Our produce farm share was always through our church -- it was from the Porter family farm in Genesee County. I think they've since branched out to doing meats as well. They may be WNY's "OG" CSA. I would vouch for them, for sure. When the kids were young, we would visit the farm at some point following harvest -- just to catch a vibe.

https://www.porterfarms.org/about-us

We also used Native Offerings at times - some produce, some beef.

I'll have to ask my wife where we had our pig share for a few years. Because that was my favourite CSA we ever participated in -- loins, tenderloins, chops, bacon -- good lord. 

When we were in Nashville we lived a five minute walk to the farmers market and it really turned me on to buying direct. Not only to support local, but the conversations and connections were always a nice way to start the day. We’re walking distance to the Bidwell Market opening in a few weeks. I believe Porter Farms is there. I’ll have to check out the offerings. 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

When we were in Nashville we lived a five minute walk to the farmers market and it really turned me on to buying direct. Not only to support local, but the conversations and connections were always a nice way to start the day. We’re walking distance to the Bidwell Market opening in a few weeks. I believe Porter Farms is there. I’ll have to check out the offerings. 

Thanks! 

Right on. I just confirmed that we got our pig cuts from Native Offerings.

Now, do yourself another favour and take a listen to the mighty Del Paxton (the members of whom are likely now your neighbours). No idea what this music video's about, and I sorta like it that way.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I am not a Doors fan, but this is great.

Also, great is the first glimmer of light after totality in your avatar.  Great to see that too, my friend.

My son took that picture.  He got some really good ones.  He rented some $4000 lens or something for the day.

4 hours ago, Skip21 said:

Amazing…Al Green on Letterman.

https://youtu.be/rM45KVuZRvk?si=-TisJJgMu8W8Hcy6

Al Green is a national treasure.  Love that guy.

Actually, if you want late night performances, check out this Jack White jam session.  I think he would probably but one of the best concerts ever.  He's very talented plus he surrounds himself with incredible talent.