GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

Well, some of us are back on the bandwagon. Me? I know that the sabres haven't won back to back games in forever and this is another one. Must win, period. Not only are our playoff hopes on the line, but its against the hated Canes. Gotta win this game, just so i can rub it in at work.

Okay, After watching that TO game last night I have to admit I don't really expect them to be able to match Carolina's play of late HOWEVER again I do want to see who is stepping up or mailing it in.

I have to say I have been really impressed with comments coming from Miller since he's returned about the team and individuals needing to step up and play with some passion and pride. I just wish a few more of the brat pack had that mentality.

This team has been playing as tight as a bunch of cow punchers coming off a year long trail ride. Yeeehah get along little doggies and Go Sabres, at least go out in style.

7:00pm

Well, some of us are back on the bandwagon. Me? I know that the sabres haven't won back to back games in forever and this is another one. Must win, period. Not only are our playoff hopes on the line, but its against the hated Canes. Gotta win this game, just so i can rub it in at work.

We did it 2 weeks ago, although that was the only time doing so all season out of 16 tries.

Uninspired win, long night and flight to Carolina. I don't see it happening with this group. Not tonight against the hottest team in the league. They've been playing for their playoff lives for weeks now and look at what they've accomplished.

Like Mr. Dudley said above, at this point I'm interested to see who steps it up and who mails it in. They've been playing like they're just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Like it's just a mere formality that they'll be eliminated. And maybe that's true. But until it IS a reality you owe it to yourselves, your teammates, and fans to play like your hair is on fire.

GO SABRES!!!

Well look at that, another true must win. Tonight, we are equal parts Sabres fans and Flyers fans (I just threwup a little. :sick: ) Either team loses and we're officially done. The Sabres can go to OT/SO, if necessary, as long as they win; the Flyers must do it in regulation. If, somehow, those two work out, a win by Atlanta, especially one in regulation, would be the icing on the cake. I said it in another thread, but I'll say it again: I'll be surprised if the Sabres are still alive tomorrow, but I will, admittedly, be sucked in again if they are.

3 weeks ago you knew everyone was going to be saying it "if they only had ONE more win." Too bad these idiots did not see the same thing coming......

I watched the first game of the season with my brother at his house. When we won the shootout against Montreal, I jumped up and was pumping the fist in celebration. He said "calm down, it's just the first game of the season." I responded "after last year, I know how important every two points can be." It's amazing how many times the Sabres seemed to forget that they missed by just two wins last year. If they mail any game in next year, then they are incapable of learning a lesson.

I'll be there, taking much abuse from the caniac "faithful". I have no delusions about the Sabres making the playoffs, in fact I almost hope that they don't pull out the miracle at this point so that as many heads as possible will roll for the huge disappoinment this season has become. But just find a way to win this one please.

I'll be there, taking much abuse from the caniac "faithful". I have no delusions about the Sabres making the playoffs, in fact I almost hope that they don't pull out the miracle at this point so that as many heads as possible will roll for the huge disappoinment this season has become. But just find a way to win this one please.

Has it really been a huge disappointment? I mean, sure, it's been a disappointment, but I think we all knew this team would hover around .500 for the season and finish somewhere between 11th and 6th place. We were mediocre a year ago and didn't improve over the off-season, were the expectations really so high that we can call this a HUGE disappointment? Not in my opinion.

Then again, we could still theoretically win the cup, so it's not a disappointment YET.

Has it really been a huge disappointment? I mean, sure, it's been a disappointment, but I think we all knew this team would hover around .500 for the season and finish somewhere between 11th and 6th place. We were mediocre a year ago and didn't improve over the off-season, were the expectations really so high that we can call this a HUGE disappointment? Not in my opinion.

Then again, we could still theoretically win the cup, so it's not a disappointment YET.

Wouldn't that be hilarious, among other adjectives? That's what sports is all about. Crazy, unexpected things happening. I mean, this would be the ultimate, but it's bound to happen one of these years, a team sneaking in and winning it all. Why not this year? I see no reason the Sabres couldn't beat the Wings in a seven game series. It's those pesky single games that trip them up.

I expected them to make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed, so no I didn't expect them to set the world on fire this year. If you believe what everyone in the organization said in September, they expected nothing less than playoffs this year as well. So from that perspective it's a pretty big disappointment although maybe not huge if you want to get into semantics. In the end, the last two seasons has taught us fans is that they are what they are, a non playoff calibre 9th or 10th place team. And you're right, it can't officially be termed a disappointment yet, but honestly if they did manage to squeeze in only to get smoked by the Bruins that would only give Golisano and LQ the excuse that they need to maintain the status quo for next year.

Guest Sloth
Wouldn't that be hilarious, among other adjectives? That's what sports is all about. Crazy, unexpected things happening. I mean, this would be the ultimate, but it's bound to happen one of these years, a team sneaking in and winning it all. Why not this year? I see no reason the Sabres couldn't beat the Wings in a seven game series. It's those pesky single games that trip them up.

In the 2006 playoffs, Edmonton almost pulled it off. I can't remember if they snuck into the playoffs, but they were the first number 8 seed to make it to the Stanley Cup finals. I could see the Sabres messing up Boston's season. Boston did have problems w/ Buffalo.

In the 2006 playoffs, Edmonton almost pulled it off. I can't remember if they snuck into the playoffs, but they were the first number 8 seed to make it to the Stanley Cup finals. I could see the Sabres messing up Boston's season. Boston did have problems w/ Buffalo.

And they would have too had Roloson, who was a virtual lock for the Conn Smythe, not gone down in game one. The stars aligned perfectly for the fuggin' canes that year.

And don't forget about 2003, when the 7 seeded Ducks almost won the Cup on the back of Giguere. Sometimes, a hot goaltender is all you need.

And don't forget about 2003, when the 7 seeded Ducks almost won the Cup on the back of Giguere. Sometimes, a hot goaltender is all you need.

That's why I don't really mind the three point game system. It favors good goaltending.

That has to be a joke right? You have me cracking up! Let's Go Buffalo!!!!

Archived