Tim Connolly signed for 2 years; $9M

apushms

Here's the link to Bucky's story: linkski, in which he states that TC will almost certainly be traded.

Columbus and Vancouver are interested in Connolly, but Chicago appears to have an inside track. The Blackhawks are looking for a No. 2 center and would be willing to include defenseman James Wisniewski in a package with the Sabres. The two teams were talking Tuesday.

Wisniewski would be a top four NHL defenseman on many teams, but not the Blackhawks. They are preparing for salary-cap problems after the season and don?t believe they can keep both him and former third-pick overall Cam Barker. Wisniewski, making $900,000, is a restricted free agent after the season.

He?s 25, he?s tough, and he would be a good fit in Buffalo without breaking the bank. If the Blackhawks don?t get anywhere with Connolly, look for them to start turning their attention toward Toronto center Nik Antropov.

After watching this I say git 'er done, Darcy.

VIJn9Ii1Fic

TSN just reported the Sabres tabled a deal for at least $4M per for two seasons. They also say they tried to offer a 3 year deal but the money wasn't as much as Connolly (Agent) wanted.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269702&amp...os=secStory_nhl

You have got to be freakin' sh****** me!!!

4 mill. for a player who's always injured!!?!

Oh my god, nothing ever changes with this team..................

Unless this is some way of sweetening a trade, although I don't see how spending 4 mill. Connolly can be considered 'sweetening', I'm think I'm gonna lose it completely.

So what would the offer be if he was healthy? Would he be offered 8 mill. for the extra games he'd have to play??!

1) The reference supported the point of my post.

2) The Sabres lost an asset by waiting until the last minute and a fax machine malfunctioned. That could be ridiculed in every post by everyone from here to eternity and it would not be overkill.

3) Lighten up, Francis.

That is the exact definition of overkill.

You have got to be freakin' sh****** me!!!

4 mill. for a player who's always injured!!?!

Oh my god, nothing ever changes with this team..................

Unless this is some way of sweetening a trade, although I don't see how spending 4 mill. Connolly can be considered 'sweetening', I'm think I'm gonna lose it completely.

So what if was healthy? Would he be offered 8 mill. for the extra games he'd have to play??!

Several NHL sources in recent days have suggested that center Tim Connolly has almost no intention of re-signing with the Sabres, regardless of what he has told the organization or relayed to the media. It appears the Sabres have almost no choice but to trade him before 3 p. m. today.

Don't believe anything until it shows up as a done deal.

You are spot on. It was an optional skate according to Dreger from TSN. I think a lot of players left the building including ones that are on a long term deal for the Sabres.

I heard that TC opened the door to his car before he got in to it and drove out of the parking lot!

Translate for a wee-todd like me.

Sure. TSN had reported that Connolly left HSBC arena implying that a trade was imminent. Then, they come back and report that today was an optional game day skate, and many players are not at practice today. So whether he is traded or not has nothing to do with the fact that he's not at practice since it was optional.

Darren Dreger reporting that Connolly has left HSBC Arena. I have no idea what that means. Maybe he's getting coffee or he is getting traded. Very interesting.

Dreger: "... Sources at HSBC Arena say Tim Connolly has left. The morning skate is at 10:30" Hmmm. The Sabres have a 2-year offer on the table for Connolly.

Sounds to me like he turned it down and will be dealt. Time to give up on the season. They have ONE center worth a #%^$#! now. Ok, Goose makes two.

Bucky called the Vermette deal.

He did indeed. Connolly is the real test though.

After watching this I say git 'er done, Darcy.

VIJn9Ii1Fic

Tootoo is a tough little SOB. If we do need to dump TC, we could do a lot worse than getting a tough top-4 defenseman for him.

Tootoo is a tough little SOB. If we do need to dump TC, we could do a lot worse than getting a tough top-4 defenseman for him.

Anyone who whips the little POS Tootoo's rearend like that is OK in my book.

Archived