Tim Connolly signed for 2 years; $9M

apushms

Pomminstein has produced at levels Connolly could only hope to. 9 more points and Pommer's passes Connolly's career high for the third straight year despite having a disappointing year.

$4.5 million for a player with a career high of 16 goals is a joke.

I will take a wild guess here. But history shows Connolly tends to get injured once a new contract is in place. I wonder if he makes through the game tonight.

Oh god I hope he doesn't, that would be exactly what would happen. Tin man out for the season after signing overpriced two year extension? That would about do it.

Anyone who can feed the puck to Danny Paille and get him to score is worth the money, though.

:lol:

Seriously. Our new strategy with Paille:

"Hey Danny, go to the net and let Timmy or Derek bank the puck off of you into the net. Oh yeah, try not to kick it...."

Seriously. Our new strategy with Paille:

"Hey Danny, go to the net and let Timmy or Derek bank the puck off of you into the net. Oh yeah, try not to kick it...."

This is the strategy my intramural team uses.

I'm Danny Paille.

:bag:

Signing Connolly for two years for 9MM seems like a premium price to me. It isn't a bad deal for the Sabres as long as he can stay healthy and contribute. I don't question that he can contribute, but the real issue is his health. Why would we pay a premium for someone that hasn't been able to play regulary in 4 years? The only thing I can think of is that we are so thin on quality scorers and playmakers up front we need him on the roster. We have too many forwards with potential, and not enough that can actually produce on a regular basis.

If this is the only move that Darcy makes today, it would be a very discouraging sign the Sabres have given up on a deep playoff push, and possibly the playoffs altogether. Given the financial necessity of the playoffs this year, I have to believe there is going to be a move for a forward today. At least I hope so....

As per TSN ... Sabres and Connolly's agent making progress toward new contract. Just thought everyone might be interested.

link

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=...topRelated_main

I just don't get it. With the recent reports of Connolly wanting to shop to get a better offer, after how long the club carried him and how much he did NOT earn the money from his first contract, I soured on him pretty fast.

I know that when he is healthy he can skate and handle the puck, but I was ready to move on and maybe get some decent rugged blueliners that can chip in a goal now and then plus a prospect or two. All that for less money than what Tim is apparently being retained with.

Is Darcy that stubborn that he will wait 10 years for a trade to pan out so he can say, "see, I was right about him".

Good grief.

Also, WGR's website - http://www.wgr550.com/Connolly-Staying-Put/3959535 - says that Paetsch and Ellis are sitting tonight but Teppo is playing ... so which defenseman who has been playing is not? Are they sending Butler down? Or is Tallinder or Spacek being traded? It's possible someone is just being scratched, of course, but ...

Tallinder is being packaged with Telqvist to be traded for Biron

Why do we want Biron back? Why is everyone so fired up about it? I don't get it.

Their numbers are nearly identical and Tellqvist makes a hell of a lot less money. Granted he has played in fewer games, but like you said, the move doesn't seem to make much sense other than Marty's brief playoff experience.

Signed per TSN @ 2 years, $9 million.

:sick:

:sick: is absolutely right.

I'd say right in line and a bit less than he's worth completely health.

Take a look at recently signed contracts like McDonald of St Louis, signed for 4.7 million per. About the same numbers, a bit older (2 years) has had his share of injuries too.

I'd say it's a fair price. Now let's see if he's gone by 3pm.

I hope so, because while it's debatable that it's a fair price (we got frigging hosed on an injury-prone center who had managed to parlay three hot streaks into two contracts worth almost $18 million) I really hope he's gone. This is ridiculous.

for crying out loud.

Amen.

We overpaid.

Truer words have never been typed on this board.

That is awful. 4.5 million per season????? WOW! We just got taken out behind the woodshed. Awful by Regier, just plain awful. WAYYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a sign-and-trade deal. There's no other way to justify a $1M raise for a guy who has played less than half his team's games over the last three years.

No link, unconfirmed. Im just saying its possible.

Rumors going into today pointed that Tallinder, Biron, and Phoenix were all going to be involved in some sort of trade.

Well, now we have Buffalo and Phoenix talking, and we have reports that Teppo NUmminem is playing tonight, meaning one d-man currently wont be playing tonight.

Interesting.

No link, unconfirmed. Im just saying its possible.

Rumors going into today pointed that Tallinder, Biron, and Phoenix were all going to be involved in some sort of trade.

Well, now we have Buffalo and Phoenix talking, and we have reports that Teppo NUmminem is playing tonight, meaning one d-man currently wont be playing tonight.

Interesting.

<_<

Ghey.....

Archived