Political Threads

Knightrider

Should we ban political threads?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should we or shouldn't we?

• Yes, I come to talk about the Sabres
    • No, I like the political threads

Go figure, I vote for the ban. I seriously would rather read some link from Eck about HOCKEY.

Can we ban the frequent linkage to (insert my rant here) sites.

I respect peoples points of view, as they clearly take great care to examine every claim to the historicity and origins of biblical literature.

Just not here.

I don't post that often, but read a lot looking for hockey info and talk. Why not create another room where anything goes and move all the OT stuff there?

I wouldn't mind an OT forum for all the non-Sabres/NHL talk. I'm as guilty as anyone with threads about MLB, college FB, etc.

I don't really care either way. It's not like there are so many OT threads that they are taking over anyway. Plus, when I do actully feel like talking about other stuff, there is actually a dialog on this board and not just a bunch of name calling.

Doesn't this vote take place everyday? Every response to a post is a vote on that topic. If people aren't interested in a topic the thread dies and the board moves on. If threads start to get deleted because of topics then Sabre Space takes a turn towards being TSW which no one wants.

Well, I complained about political threads in the complaint Thursday thread, but I wouldn't go so far as banning them. I just like complaining about them. DeLuca is absolutely right that the right solution is not to click into them. (It's just that I do so every so often and am utterly appalled at most of what I see there.)

I would, however, support a ban on political posts in non-political threads. But that phenomenon seems to have died down since the election (hallelujah!).

I'm not too active in the political threads, but it is peoples opinion on real issues that face each of our lives. I read them and i enjoy them. I have my own opinions and but i respect many of the users on here and seeing their $0.02 on some hardcore topics in the Politics world, i enjoy them. I try to stay away from posting in them, as i've made enough enenies on here just through hockey talk alone.

Well, I complained about political threads in the complaint Thursday thread, but I wouldn't go so far as banning them. I just like complaining about them. DeLuca is absolutely right that the right solution is not to click into them. (It's just that I do so every so often and am utterly appalled at most of what I see there.)

I would, however, support a ban on political posts in non-political threads. But that phenomenon seems to have died down since the election (hallelujah!).

And you're the reason I did this thread...

In it's broadest sense - voting is political so we'll have to ban this thread.

Touche,, Well played :lol:

Doesn't this vote take place everyday? Every response to a post is a vote on that topic. If people aren't interested in a topic the thread dies and the board moves on. If threads start to get deleted because of topics then Sabre Space takes a turn towards being TSW which no one wants.

That for me really hits it right on the button. So basically I don't care what happens , Life and posting goes on.

I would be in favor of creating a specific place for political threads to live--as in, a separate forum that people would know what they're getting into if they decide to start reading. But other than that, I don't think people have any business getting into politics on the Sabres part of this forum.

I enjoy hockey because it's entertaining and it gets my mind off of stuff like the current state of the world. I would love to keep this a politics-free sanctuary!

I don't post but rarely. I'm also interested in politics. This board actually has a fair amount of people that make reasoned arguments vs. most of the political boards that attract lunatics that don't discuss, but just abuse "the other side". I'd rather have a political discussion with you guys than those idiots. How about absolutely no hijacking of hockey threads and if someone wants OT make it very clear what the subject is about in the title?

I'm not too active in the political threads, but it is peoples opinion on real issues that face each of our lives. I read them and i enjoy them. I have my own opinions and but i respect many of the users on here and seeing their $0.02 on some hardcore topics in the Politics world, i enjoy them. I try to stay away from posting in them, as i've made enough enenies on here just through hockey talk alone.

See that is the thing... Not enemies, but "frenmies"... Just like TSW, we all still have somethings in common.

I wish people would just lighten up... There is no reason to hide your head in the sand about anything... I don't understand why people feel inconvienenced...??

No surprise, I vote to keep them. Sometimes it's slow in the hockey world. Many threads are shall we say, redundant or cyclical here. During slow times, the political threads heat up. When the team is buzzing, they are virtually ignored.

I exercise my right to read or not read. As an example, you rarely see me post after a loss. In fact, I usually don't read the board for a day or so until all the bad mouthing, naysaying, complaining subsides. I would never ban the posting of said opinions, I just chose not to read them.

Political opinions on this board are reasonably contained and there is a degree of civility in a world of diverse opinions. Even the dust-ups are short lived on here.

It's an interesting social experiment. Long time readers here can almost predict how others will react to certain things. I find it entertaining. It's like watching a sitcom for a long time and understanding why something is funny when a character does it/says it. I've never met anyone on this board in person, but I do have a sense that I know a lot of you. That's what keeps most of us coming back.

No surprise, I vote to keep them. Sometimes it's slow in the hockey world. 1, Many threads are shall we say, redundant or cyclical here. During slow times, the political threads heat up. When the team is buzzing, they are virtually ignored.

I exercise my right to read or not read. As an example, you rarely see me post after a loss. In fact, I usually don't read the board for a day or so until all the bad mouthing, naysaying, complaining subsides. I would never ban the posting of said opinions, I just chose not to read them.

Political opinions on this board are reasonably contained and there is a degree of civility in a world of diverse opinions. 2, Even the dust-ups are short lived on here.

It's an interesting social experiment. 3, Long time readers here can almost predict how others will react to certain things. I find it entertaining. It's like watching a sitcom for a long time and understanding why something is funny when a character does it/says it. I've never met anyone on this board in person, but I do have a sense that I know a lot of you. That's what keeps most of us coming back.

1. Isn't that the truth.

2. Depends on who it is.

3. See #1

Traffic really isn't heavy enough to make them a problem. Over on TSW, it made sense to create an OT forum. For a while, the topic list on any given offseason day looked like this:

Ralph Wilson is Old

OT: I bought a car!

What a Stojan Season...

Our new coach?

OT: Anyone work in computers?

OT: Cat fancy subscription?

Our OL SUCKS!

OT: This girl is HOT!!

Our Coach Choice SUCKS

OT: This OTHER girl is HOTTER

OT: Secret Peter Pan Link

I say leave it alone. If it gets to the point of overwhelming, create a new forum. The non-sports banter helps build a community.

Archived