Rivet out 2 weeks

Two or less

F**k!!!

Man, we can't catch a break on injuries. The hockey gods are really trying to test us early. Could we at least get someone back before another goes out?

I say Weber gets the nod because of the type of player that he is replacing. Were it Teppo or Lydman or Tallinder, then maybe Paetsch gets the call. We have a more balanced D this year and Weber helps keep it that way. At least that's how I'd explain it to Nathan if I were Lindy.

He could just tell him he thinks he sucks. Maybe your version will work better.

LOL

I'm really afriad of what they will do with Tallinder. Who's going to pair up with him. Not that he's been playing bad, Tallinder has actually been really solid, but i don't know if it was the confidence of Rivet that made Tallinder into a better player? You guys think that Weber or Paetsch will play with him or move Lydman back with Tallinder and play someone with Teppo?

And i hope Sekera and Spacek get ready for some 26-28 minute games... lol

Beyond unbelievable. I actually had the conscious thought last night after the game that I hope he stays healthly all year. I saw him block a few shots and was looking for any sign of limping. Un-frickin-believable...

Rivet is broken? That little blurb doesn't say too much about how it happened yada yada. Well, at least we still have Teppo keeping things under control back there. I wonder if they will call Weber up at this point unless they decide to play him over Paetsch. I'm going to guess they're going to use the player who is already up with the club before pulling in reserves. But, I guess we'll see. Wonder if there will be an interview that sheds more light on what happened.

Edit: Vogl seems to be assuming it will be Paetsch in the Sabres Blog.

Well seeing as portland has only 6 healthy D-men because Funk is still out, I doubt they call up Weber if Paetsch is going to play. It does Weber no goodto sit and leaves the Pirates scrambling.

Let's give Paetsch a shot ... first of all, the way the forwards are playing in their won end and not giving up so many odd-man rushes will help him, he won't get hung out to dry as much as last year. Also, I say put him in Rivet's spot on the second PP ... he has shown flashes there before. Honestly, I'd LOVE for him to show something to the point they move Tallinder. He's been OK at times but I really think he has still been the worst of the 6 d-men. If they could package him and Max ... who knows ... I'm getting WAY ahead of myself and Max has been decent so far ... and I am WAy off topic too ...

Well, it will take the better part of the day for Weber to get here, so the fact that he's not practicing with the team yet doesn't really mean anything. Also, they may very well give Paetsch the first shot at it, but Portland being shorthanded on D will have zero influence on Darcy's decision on this -- if they'd rather have Weber dressing for a game than Paetsch, he's coming up.

Looking at the schedule, I'd hopefully expect Rivet back for the Wed., Nov. 12 game vs. the Blues. That would be just under 3 weeks out, and missing 8 games. (Alternatively, he could be back for the Atl-Bos back-to-back on the 7th & 8th, which would be just over 2 weeks, but I think they might not want to rush him back right into a back-to-back). Either way, I think Weber will dress for at least a few of those games.

:wallbash: nuts , the curse of the captain I say go back to rotating it if thats' what happens' :angry:

I have a hard time seeing them going on a road trip with just 6 healthy defenseman dressed unless one of the forwards can play D in a pinch. Gotta think someone gets called up even if just for insurance and Weber would be my choice to keep the Grit in the pairing with Hank.

:wallbash: nuts , the curse of the captain I say go back to rotating it if thats' what happens' :angry:

I have a hard time seeing them going on a road trip with just 6 healthy defenseman dressed unless one of the forwards can play D in a pinch. Gotta think someone gets called up even if just for insurance and Weber would be my choice to keep the Grit in the pairing with Hank.

Nevermind the fact that they don't currently have a reserve forward either.

Archived