Rivet out 2 weeks

Two or less

I don't think he ever did. If I remember correctly, it was a two or three game experiment in Buffalo.

That doesn't seem right either. I thought for sure Nate had played forward at some point before he got to Buffalo. Maybe just a brief stint with Rochester. I hate not being able to remember anything.

That doesn't seem right either. I thought for sure Nate had played forward at some point before he got to Buffalo. Maybe just a brief stint with Rochester. I hate not being able to remember anything.

I found this quote at Hockey's Future:

Defenseman Nathan Paetsch also has seen time as a forward while playing in Rochester.

I am more than a little concerned about the prospect of major backsliding from Tallinder (who's still been a bit shaky but nevertheless better with Rivet this year than Lydman last year, and actually, I thought, quite good vs the Bruins) and Lydman (who I think has responded very well to playing with Teppo). I also don't like the fact that 2 of our 3 pairings are now both righthanded shots (or is it lefthanded?).

OTOH, I am cautiously optimistic that Paetsch will seize the opportunity and play well, esp. paired with Teppo.

Yeah I'm wondering why they didn't just throw Paestch in Rivet's place with Tallinder? I thought that would be the least disruption and agree with your comment about how shaky Tallinder has played to date. They could at least minimize their exposure by limiting that pairs ice time(Paestch/Hank) knowing they still have two proven pairings that have done fairly well.

I'll have to give Lindy the benefit of the doubt though maybe he just wants to see what he has in terms of combinations that will work as chances are slim to none you will not have to juggle over the course of a season or long playoff run.

I found this quote at Hockey's Future:

And another reference:

Paetsch was used as a forward from time to time in Rochester

Ooo ... and there's more to this story:

It's something that I did in Rochester my first season, sitting out 25 games and then switching from forward to defense, center to wing, everything. It's something that I'm comfortable doing and something that I've done in the past so it's not unfamiliar ground for me," said Paetsch, who told a little-white lie as an AHL rookie to Amerks head coach Randy Cunneyworth when asked if he had prior experience at wing. Paetsch said, "yes" when the truth was, "no." He just wanted to play.

Archived