GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

nfreeman

Well, it's after midnight, and I just got finished watching us crush the Canucks, so don't mind if I do!

Predictions:

Lalime gets the start

Sabres play a bit sluggishly

Vanek scores again

Roy gets off the schneid and scores one too

Kaleta draws another penalty and, separately, drops the gloves and fights

Sekera flies up and down the ice

Less than 12000 actual attendance in Hotlanta

Sabres win, 4-2

Yeah, baby.

I agree Lalime starts ... I'm gonna say the Vanek streak ends but not for lack of effort, he will still be a factor .... other than that, all I am feeling is shootout loss that we will kind of shrug our shoulders at ... they won't be horrible but they won't be great either, they'll get a point, nothing to be upset about ... and yes, I am reverse jinxing it a bit here because I was pleasantly surprised with the Rangers game and hope to be again.

I do think that the sabres buck the trend and come out to put away the thrashers, the day after a home game. We all saw how poorly vancouver played after playing the night before. Hopefully lindy has the team ready to roll 4 lines, keep the shifts short, and play strong all game long. I do think that Lalime will start, so that will hopefully take care of any fatigue induced softies that miller would have let in tonight, had this been last season. Thanks nfreeman for starting the GDT. I wasn't up late last night to take care of it. I had a horribly long work week and I crashed minutes after the sabres won. My prediction for tonight? 4-2 buffalo.

Prediction: There will be more Sabres fans in attendance than Thrashers fans.

The Thrashers have had a fair start but - let's face it - they're a patsy team in a perenially weak division. That's exactly why this game could be trouble, coupled with last nights game and travel that followed. However, I still think the Sabres will squeak this one out 3-2 or 2-1.

And Vanek will score again.

I think there are a ton of tickets still left for this game, and I'm considering going. But, no one in my family will go with me, not my wife, not my dad, no one. And, there's one guy from Buffalo in my MBA school, but the problem is next week is exam week and I don't think anyone from school will want to go to the game tonight. So, I'll probably end up watching the game at home on SportSouth or something. Oh well.

I think what will happen is that the Sabres will start off a little sluggish tonight offensively, but I think they will still continue playing that left wing lock or whatever Lindy has put in place and play solid defensively to shutdown Kovie and Little. I'm hoping to see a bigger game from Max, Kotalik, Pommer, and Paille tonight as I would expect Anderson to play the Reasoner-Armstrong line against Vanek-Roy-Stafford. Also, I think the Sabres will do some damage on the PP tonight, and in the end the Sabres play a good road game playing solid defensively and a 2-1 win tonight.

I wonder how many more scoring chances Stafford will falter on tonight. He easily had 3 great chances last night,and he never got a shot on either one. Paille played another good game last night. Paille needs to be upgraded to the first line. He'd give Roy and Vanek a physical linemate that can win them the puck in the corners.

We all know that these four games are about as good as it gets for Sabres fans.. How good has it been?

Lead Division

2nd in Conference

Stats versus league:

Game Misconducts 3 -- 1st

Goals Against: 1.75 -- Tied for 1st

PK 100% -- Tied for 1st

Points 8 -- Tied for 2nd

5 on 5 goals -- 1.75 -- Tied 3rd

Goals per game 4 -- 4th

Total Goals 16 -- 5th

Shots against 24.2 -- 6th

PP 25.9 -- 7th

Shots for 30.2 -- 10th

PIM 117 -- 29th (although I see this as a positive)

and now the well know and discussed Achilles Heel:

Faceoffs 45.5 -- 27th

I'm still pissed the Thrashers ended our streak at the beginning of the season 2 years ago. Sabres haven't forgotten either...

Buffalo 9 Atlanta 2 :beer: :beer:

I'm pissed that I can't make this game!!! This is the first Sabres game I've missed here in Atlanta since the Trashers came into existence. Since it's local, I've got to watch it on Sports South.

I second that. I'm still pissed that of all the teams out there, it was the damn Thrashers that ended the streak. I live here. I would have preferred Toronto in that I wouldn't have had to listen to all of the 'Yay for Blueland' crap the next day.

I think the Sabres may have to play from behind for what, only the second time I think. Should be a close game 2-1 or 3-2, but I think the Sabres pull it out, maybe in OT or SO. I also think that if the Sabres lose it will be from stupidity, like too many bad penalties. Go Sabres.

I think there are a ton of tickets still left for this game, and I'm considering going. But, no one in my family will go with me, not my wife, not my dad, no one. And, there's one guy from Buffalo in my MBA school, but the problem is next week is exam week and I don't think anyone from school will want to go to the game tonight. So, I'll probably end up watching the game at home on SportSouth or something. Oh well.

If you really want to see the game, I would go because SportSouth is not broadcasting it - only on MSG. Helps me because I can listen to RJ, but unless you have NHLCI, you won't be able to see it from home.

Sabres always seem to have a bit of a tough time with the Thrash, but I think both streaks prevail today... Sabres take this one 3-1. Lalime in goal? Goal #3 is an empty netter.

You are not kidding, we've lost 3 in a row in Atlanta. I do think that ends tonight, we are a very solid team and well, Atlanta is not. lol

If you really want to see the game, I would go because SportSouth is not broadcasting it - only on MSG. Helps me because I can listen to RJ, but unless you have NHLCI, you won't be able to see it from home.

I've got CI so I should be okay. I was thinking it would be on SS so they would black out the CI feed. If it's not on SS, then I'm in better shape than I thought I was.

How does Lindy get Tallinder to start taking shorter shifts than Rivet?

I haven't been able to watch too much of the games so far but it seems like most of the time the Sabres have an "oh schlitz" moment, it's when Sekara has gone on the ice for Rivet but Tallinder hasn't been replaced by Spacek yet. That was definitely the combo out for the 1st goal given up this season and this last one.

I think I've chosen my "designated Smehlik" for the year. :(

Archived