GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

nfreeman

Buffalo coming out of this with at least one point after totally being dominated in the first. Lalime has been awesome tonight. Even if we lose tonight, coming out with a point on back-to-back games with travel included is an emotional win no matter what. I think Buffalo's got the momentum right now and gets the second point. Great clutch goal by Pominville to put us in a position to at least get one point.

I agree...they really willed themselves back in the game tonite, when it would have been real easy to just say, "well, we just don't have it tonite" after the first when they got completely dominated and were down 2-0...they didn't, and fought back to send it to OT, and that is a huge moral victory for a team that is tired from getting in at 2AM last night, playing their backup goalie(this guy is a backup?!??), and playing their second game in less than 24 hours...

I agree Lalime starts ... other than that, all I am feeling is shootout loss that we will kind of shrug our shoulders at ... they won't be horrible but they won't be great either, they'll get a point, nothing to be upset about ...

Haven't read the in-game comments but ... unfortunately I was pretty much dead on ... the first period was ugly but they really fought to get that point ... that where the shootout really sucks, in the old days that would have felt like a win ... now it feels like the momentum is stopped.

I think it's safe to say that the book on Lalime is to shoot high, glove side. All four went in over his glove. Other than that the dude stood on his head and is the only reason Buffalo was able to come back and tie it for the point.

It also helps that atlanta has some sharpshooters. Once you go to OT with them it's tough to get that extra point.

Good game.

good to see everyone has a good head on their shoulders and put this in to perspective...seems like people used to begin a return to negativity after a game like this...

i'll also take the point, but I really, really hate losing our streak to a bs non-traditional hockey market like atlanta...especially that d-bag kozlov in the SO...

I think it's safe to say that the book on Lalime is to shoot high, glove side. All four went in over his glove. Other than that the dude stood on his head and is the only reason Buffalo was able to come back and tie it for the point.

Good call on the high glove side thing. every goal...ouch.

good to see everyone has a good head on their shoulders and put this in to perspective...seems like people used to begin a return to negativity after a game like this...

i'll also take the point, but I really, really hate losing our streak to a bs non-traditional hockey market like atlanta...especially that d-bag kozlov in the SO...

What's there to be upset about? Yeah, you'd like a win every game, but no team will ever go 82-0-0. We got a good point on the second night of a back-to-back night. And, the travel from Buffalo to Atlanta is about a 2 hour flight right after last night's game with little time to recover. Lalime played extremely well and the Sabres fought back to tie it up late. Even if you don't get the win, it's an important point, especially when this is a very losable game given the circumstances. I'm happy with it.

As for your second comment, I agree with the Kozlov thing, but I'm pretty sensitive to the non-traditional hockey market comments. I was born in Buffalo, but I basically grew up in the South and Texas in particular where hockey is flourishing. Since I live in Atlanta, I can say that this is a growing hockey market here. Also, there are a ton of people here in Atlanta from outside of Atlanta, specifically from the North, so it's a pretty legitimate hockey market with knowledgeable fans, not a bunch of southerners who have no idea what hockey is. Even otherwise, it's a pretty solid hockey market here, so let it be. One more thing, I used to live in DC, and I can say that Atlanta has better hockey coverage on their Sports Talk radio stations than DC did, which many people consider to be a traditional hockey market.

It also helps that atlanta has some sharpshooters. Once you go to OT with them it's tough to get that extra point.

Good game.

After all is said, Atlanta is the same crappy team, different coach. We shouldve came out with something other than playing to their level of Boulton and Exelby. Lalime & Pominville got this point for us. I need to read the ice times now. See you on Tuesday! :thumbsup:

FYI: Lalime got 2nd star by the ATL media

What's there to be upset about? Yeah, you'd like a win every game, but no team will ever go 82-0-0. We got a good point on the second night of a back-to-back night. And, the travel from Buffalo to Atlanta is about a 2 hour flight right after last night's game with little time to recover. Lalime played extremely well and the Sabres fought back to tie it up late. Even if you don't get the win, it's an important point, especially when this is a very losable game given the circumstances. I'm happy with it.

As for your second comment, I agree with the Kozlov thing, but I'm pretty sensitive to the non-traditional hockey market comments. I was born in Buffalo, but I basically grew up in the South and Texas in particular where hockey is flourishing. Since I live in Atlanta, I can say that this is a growing hockey market here. Also, there are a ton of people here in Atlanta from outside of Atlanta, specifically from the North, so it's a pretty legitimate hockey market with knowledgeable fans, not a bunch of southerners who have no idea what hockey is. Even otherwise, it's a pretty solid hockey market here, so let it be. One more thing, I used to live in DC, and I can say that Atlanta has better hockey coverage on their Sports Talk radio stations than DC did, which many people consider to be a traditional hockey market.

The most annoying thing about losing to the Thrashers is that I also live here and I work with a couple Thrashers fans. I'm going to catch it on Monday. As odd as it is having hockey down South, I am somewhat grateful. Without the team here, I'd hardly ever get to see the Sabres play. The market does exist here, though I wonder how much of it is made up of expats from other hockey cities.

Was obvious they were spent from puck drop. I think I heard that they skipped the morning skate as well. Once they shook off the rust they played well. I'll take the point!

The most annoying thing about losing to the Thrashers is that I also live here and I work with a couple Thrashers fans. I'm going to catch it on Monday. As odd as it is having hockey down South, I am somewhat grateful. Without the team here, I'd hardly ever get to see the Sabres play. The market does exist here, though I wonder how much of it is made up of expats from other hockey cities.

Was obvious they were spent from puck drop. I think I heard that they skipped the morning skate as well. Once they shook off the rust they played well. I'll take the point!

Just remind them they root for the Thrashers. Argument won.

Archived