• 26-28
    • 29-32
    • 33-35
    • 36-38
    • 39-42
    • 43-45
    • 46-49
    • 50 and greater

Hey, congrats! Sleep is going to be tough for a bit, but it's worth it.

Good man. Congrats. You're totally screwed for a while but Knightrider is right.

Wow, my cousin from Bowmansville just had a boy @ 6pm the same day! It changes your perception on everything. Congratultions! I am sure you'll be fine, you are years beyond your age.

Another big congrats here and I hope you got caught up on your sleep!

Thanks everyone! Definitely very excited. Lucky for us, my mother-in-law and my parents are all here and will be for a while, so there are plenty of people here for support, so I'm getting some sleep. My biggest concern is that I'm leaving my job and going back to grad school, so we'll be living with zero money and I'll be extremely busy with school, but since my job involves a tremendous amount of travel, at least now I get to be home full time for the next 2 years. Definitely some tradeoffs, but I think I'd rather be home and busy than traveling and not get to see my baby grow up. All-in-all, she's awesome and so far has not cried a whole lot and sleeps a ton. So, she's been pretty good for the most part, so far, but I anticipate it will change.

Embarrassingly enough, I seem to be one of the oldest at 44. Sigh.

I was just at my family picnic yesterday out on the beach in Angola. My cousins and I still feel 18 when we step into Mickey Rats for our annual cocktail together.

:D

Thanks everyone! Definitely very excited. Lucky for us, my mother-in-law and my parents are all here and will be for a while, so there are plenty of people here for support, so I'm getting some sleep. My biggest concern is that I'm leaving my job and going back to grad school, so we'll be living with zero money and I'll be extremely busy with school, but since my job involves a tremendous amount of travel, at least now I get to be home full time for the next 2 years. Definitely some tradeoffs, but I think I'd rather be home and busy than traveling and not get to see my baby grow up. All-in-all, she's awesome and so far has not cried a whole lot and sleeps a ton. So, she's been pretty good for the most part, so far, but I anticipate it will change.

And now the important question. Is she wearing some form of Sabres clothes yet?

And now the important question. Is she wearing some form of Sabres clothes yet?

Not yet. She's still a little small for even normal newborn baby clothes. She's only 5 lbs. 9 oz. so all her clothes to tend to drape all over her and fit pretty poorly. But, if we can get Pominville signed to an extension, I just might get her (or me) a new Pominville jersey in the new Sabres third jersey. We'll see.

Not yet. She's still a little small for even normal newborn baby clothes. She's only 5 lbs. 9 oz. so all her clothes to tend to drape all over her and fit pretty poorly. But, if we can get Pominville signed to an extension, I just might get her (or me) a new Pominville jersey in the new Sabres third jersey. We'll see.

I'll settle for something Sabres on the wall of the room she's sleeping in. The first thing she should see when she wakes up is the original logo... that or a picture of Lindy Ruff, but I'll leave that option up to you.

I'll settle for something Sabres on the wall of the room she's sleeping in. The first thing she should see when she wakes up is the original logo... that or a picture of Lindy Ruff, but I'll leave that option up to you.

It would be funny if, when the time came, she would point to the picture of Lindy and say dada.

One of my friends is still mad we didn't name our little guy Lindy ... he still refers to him as "baby Lindy" a lot of the time ...

Of course, he wanted it half out of respect for Lindy and half so that when the kid is 5 years old he could torture him with the old Marty Biron bit from WGR ...

"Hey, Lindy ..."

"Yeah, Marty."

"Nothing."

Guest Sloth

My wife and I did something like that 3 months ago. We took our daughter's first sabres outfit that she had out grown and placed it in a shadow box. When she wakes up she can sell it on the wall. It looks cool.

What's really cool is the fact I was able to get something Sabres related in her room! It's a decked out girls room, not my choice, but I made sure something Saberish made it in. It was tough to get my wife's permission, though. Oh...how bad that sounds. I wear the pants fella's. I just let my wife think she does.

Hey Guys a girl can have it both ways!!!

It doesn't have to be one way or the other.

My daughter to the left there is 10 years old and her room is purple with pink and yellow butterflies. Livin' large on her wall right next to Hannah Montana is Jason Pomminstein.

She is the one who watches every game with me, her mother.

We are proof that you can be a woman who likes girl things AND hockey. It's all good!

Hey Guys a girl can have it both ways!!!

It doesn't have to be one way or the other.

My daughter to the left there is 10 years old and her room is purple with pink and yellow butterflies. Livin' large on her wall right next to Hannah Montana is Jason Pomminstein.

She is the one who watches every game with me, her mother.

We are proof that you can be a woman who likes girl things AND hockey. It's all good!

Yeah, but thanes and 526 have to get that Sabres stuff in their rooms right now. It never hurts to start early.

Yeah, but thanes and 526 have to get that Sabres stuff in their rooms right now. It never hurts to start early.

Amen. My wife got me a framed Sabres ultrasound holder before Hunter was born. Some lady on eBay makes them with the logos and a little poem. Unfortunately they had two choices - B&R goathead or slug - so my wife wisely got the goathead.

Here's a couple examples, but I didn't get either of these. Ours says something about him being the Sabres' goalie in 20 years or something like that.

Amen. My wife got me a framed Sabres ultrasound holder before Hunter was born. Some lady on eBay makes them with the logos and a little poem. Unfortunately they had two choices - B&R goathead or slug - so my wife wisely got the goathead.

Here's a couple examples, but I didn't get either of these. Ours says something about him being the Sabres' goalie in 20 years or something like that.

Good choice...... :ph34r:

I saw the custom kids bedding on there but it was the slug and $250 to boot....

well if the kid follows after his uncle he should already be an awesome goalie :nana:

Embarrassingly enough, I seem to be one of the oldest at 44. Sigh.

I was just at my family picnic yesterday out on the beach in Angola. My cousins and I still feel 18 when we step into Mickey Rats for our annual cocktail together.

:D

Hey, I'm 44, too, and I can still kick some ass and play great defense on the ice (SDS can attest - he's seen it), so don't feel bad about 44!

Hunter Wolf. Cool name. You should change your last name to match your screen name; your son would have a cool name then!

You know, I don't remember ever seeing him wearing any Sabres stuff in the few avatars you've had here. :thumbdown:

Archived