Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The more I'm in weddings, the more I'm around weddings, the more I want to elope or have a tiny one. Some good beers, a pretty dress, some freakin' pulled pork and bourbon, and people we like. Like, all 30 of them. 

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I'm in.

The more I'm in weddings, the more I'm around weddings, the more I want to elope or have a tiny one. Some good beers, a pretty dress, some freakin' pulled pork and bourbon, and people we like. Like, all 30 of them. 

We invited 24 people.  

That just ended up meaning fewer phone calls, but it, it is the complaint thread after all.

In any event.  Small wedding is the way to go, IMO.

Channeling my inner pervert: I didn't get the hot physical therapist. I'm not the type to hit on someone doing their job, but still.

My eventual plan: destination wedding. Perfect excuse to only invite those who are closest to you and you really want there.

Group projects. Nothing like paying thousands of dollars for an education only to be evaluated by the work of others. And if you give me a huge project, it's helpful if I write the damn thing. It does absolutely nothing for me to learn jack-###### if you give me all of your code and have me change x to y. 

And wedding shopping. I'm not even the one getting married FFS. 6 hours buying suites, and now I have to drag myself 45m after a 9 hour shift Saturday to shop for the matching shirt. Unbelievable 

What kind of suites did you get? Presidential? Honeymoon? Executive? :nana:

Compliant: nitpicky on the internet that jump on you for a simple typo.

We invited 24 people.  

That just ended up meaning fewer phone calls, but ###### it, it is the complaint thread after all.

In any event.  Small wedding is the way to go, IMO.

So the guest list of 250+ for my wedding was not the way to go?

Complaint: As much as my wedding was awesome and kicked ass and everyone loved it, I probably would have been fine with my closest friends and a couple bottles of nice bourbon. At least I wasn't the one stressing out organizing the logistics for that monster event. :beer:

What kind of suites did you get? Presidential? Honeymoon? Executive? :nana:

Compliant: nitpicky ###### on the internet that jump on you for a simple typo.

So the guest list of 250+ for my wedding was not the way to go?

Complaint: As much as my wedding was awesome and kicked ass and everyone loved it, I probably would have been fine with my closest friends and a couple bottles of nice bourbon. At least I wasn't the one stressing out organizing the logistics for that monster event. :beer:

Hey, if it worked for you, then it was the way to go.

Channeling my inner pervert: I didn't get the hot physical therapist. I'm not the type to hit on someone doing their job, but still.

My eventual plan: destination wedding. Perfect excuse to only invite those who are closest to you and you really want there.

Plot Twist: Destination is the PT Center 

You obviously didn't go to the PT rehab place where my wife works. You'd most likely have to be over 60 to get in, but there's at least one babe in there :thumbsup:

Complaint: On the off chance True Blue did go to that PT place, well f### me.

You obviously didn't go to the PT rehab place where my wife works. You'd most likely have to be over 60 to get in, but there's at least one babe in there :thumbsup:

Complaint: On the off chance True Blue did go to that PT place, well f### me.

This makes it sound like you're advocating True hitting on your wife  :lol:

This makes it sound like you're advocating True hitting on your wife  :lol:

No worries - I know where she's coming home at the end of the day.

all these fake complaints and I forgot to mention my real complaint:

Started a new role this week at the same company I've been at for the last 3 years. Rather than being able to hit the ground running day 1, they decided to revoke all my access and set me up with a new username and ID. So this entire week I have been on the phone with numerous folks just trying to get back to being a functional employee. Monday was 6 hours of staring at the wall waiting for my new computer and phone to be delivered, because my old ones were perfectly good but set up with my old credentials.

4 days later and I am still basically useless and not able to do anything that I used to. Next week if I'm lucky I might get monitors so I can see what the f I am doing.

GAH.

*Trump voice*

He's such a loser. He quit, plain and simple. I'm going to dig the yugest hole the Internet has ever seen. And make you pay for it! MAKE THE INTERNET GREAT AGAIN!

I'm building a wall to keep women out of the NFL, nbut still taking pictures of them from the other side and sending them to qwk

I refused to go to my sister's wedding (Vegas). I was a poor law student at the time, no thanks. Of course, I can be unreasonable about things.... But I found it a bit crappy for her to be asking everyone to shell out a few grand for what could have been a much easier for everyone time of it at or near home.

Family...

I scheduled an appointment in late December with a primary care doctor, because I don't have one. It's really easy to not worry about when your dad is a doctor, but I figured I should finally get it out of the way.  In my area, there is a dearth of primary care providers so February 1st was the date they gave me for my appointment.  That was annoying, but whatevs.

So, me being me, I didn't put it in my phone calendar and mis-remembered the date as February 3rd.  I got a local phone call on Saturday the 30th, but they didn't leave a message and I figured it wasn't the doctor's office because why would they call on a Saturday?  I ended up calling them on Tuesday to confirm my Wednesday appointment and the lady said "Nope, you missed it.  You no-call no-showed to your first appointment with us so we can't schedule another one. You can get in somewhere else."  I was as polite as I could be with her, but oh my god.  I confirmed that my phone was, in fact, receiving messages (and of course it was).

What the hell?  Isn't this supposed to be a service industry?  I'm not allowed to make one mistake when they haven't confirmed contact with me in 5 weeks?  Thank god I have doctor connections in the area, I can't imagine how many people badly needed help and were turned away for no reason.  That's American medicine in a nutshell, for you.

Two weddings, two destination weddings. I highly recommend. Weed out the pretenders and just hang with your inner core. My last wedding ended with me and the groomsmen jumpming into the hotel pool, full tuxedos. Perfect!!!

I scheduled an appointment in late December with a primary care doctor, because I don't have one. It's really easy to not worry about when your dad is a doctor, but I figured I should finally get it out of the way. In my area, there is a dearth of primary care providers so February 1st was the date they gave me for my appointment. That was annoying, but whatevs.

So, me being me, I didn't put it in my phone calendar and mis-remembered the date as February 3rd. I got a local phone call on Saturday the 30th, but they didn't leave a message and I figured it wasn't the doctor's office because why would they call on a Saturday? I ended up calling them on Tuesday to confirm my Wednesday appointment and the lady said "Nope, you missed it. You no-call no-showed to your first appointment with us so we can't schedule another one. You can get in somewhere else." I was as polite as I could be with her, but oh my god. I confirmed that my phone was, in fact, receiving messages (and of course it was).

What the hell? Isn't this supposed to be a service industry? I'm not allowed to make one mistake when they haven't confirmed contact with me in 5 weeks? Thank god I have doctor connections in the area, I can't imagine how many people badly needed help and were turned away for no reason. That's American medicine in a nutshell, for you.

Every time I look into getting a primary care physician I never follow through. I just can't justify wasting my time to be told I'm perfectly healthy. Maybe someday.

They're always rude anyway. Like my wanting an application is ruining their day.

Students who fall asleep at their desks.

I used to be one of those students. I always felt bad. If I can't get up and walk around to shake it off I'm done for.

I used to be one of those students. I always felt bad. If I can't get up and walk around to shake it off I'm done for.

It wasn't directed at you, or anyone else, just a funny thing.

The latest bunch of students I had for 20 weeks that ended last Thursday, used to have yawning contests, especially during tax class.  One student used to curl up in a blanket and put her head down on her desk.  She was a great student that worked hard and did very well, but one time she actually fell asleep.  The look on her face when she woke up was priceless.

It wasn't directed at you, or anyone else, just a funny thing.

The latest bunch of students I had for 20 weeks that ended last Thursday, used to have yawning contests, especially during tax class. One student used to curl up in a blanket and put her head down on her desk. She was a great student that worked hard and did very well, but one time she actually fell asleep. The look on her face when she woke up was priceless.

:lol:

I think students have it tough. They can't just get up and go to the break room for a cup of coffee.

I remember this one class in high school. It was right after lunch. And I loved the teacher. He introduced me to Slap Shot. But I think I fell asleep in his class every day. In the front row.

:lol:

I think students have it tough. They can't just get up and go to the break room for a cup of coffee.

I remember this one class in high school. It was right after lunch. And I loved the teacher. He introduced me to Slap Shot. But I think I fell asleep in his class every day. In the front row.

Why not? I'd rather students get up and grab a coffee than fall asleep.