Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

HAHA! I wish I had my old memory card from my old phone, as there was a picture on there of a mini-van with a large spoiler. I saw it on the 90 like a year and a half ago.

btw. I love the picture of beaker!

yah, my wife and i went on a muppets movies marathon a few weeks ago. that image is now my phone wallpaper--lock and background screen, facebook avatar, and now here. i couldn't resist.

if you can find that picture of the minivan, that'd rule. we don't actually have one, but man ... now i have all kinds of awesome ideas to pimp it out.

I'm getting laid off next Friday. Let the job hunt begin.

dude, i'm sorry man. that really sucks. but ya know, i'll give your company props for giving you at least a week's notice. i *hate* finding out that my last day of work is that day. the last two companies i've worked for had lay-offs, and i was "effected" both times.

:lol:

you're welcome. glad you could chuckle. :)

dude, i'm sorry man. that really sucks. but ya know, i'll give your company props for giving you at least a week's notice. i *hate* finding out that my last day of work is that day. the last two companies i've worked for had lay-offs, and i was "effected" both times.

That's what happened to me last time. And this time the only reason I know is because the plant manager told my boss. The PM wasn't planning on tellin me or the other guys till next week. Fortunately my boss doesn't give a damn what the PM wants to do and came and told us right away. He's a stand up guy (and NCAA hockey ref).

if you can find that picture of the minivan, that'd rule. we don't actually have one, but man ... now i have all kinds of awesome ideas to pimp it out.

I've seen one with spinners before, does that help? Someone beat you to it:

http://jalopnik.com/5561026/the-lamborghini+engined-gullwing-minivan

Complaint: my 4-door sedan has a spoiler on it (from the factory), so apparently Biodork hates my car. :(

http://jalopnik.com/...ullwing-minivan

Complaint: my 4-door sedan has a spoiler on it (from the factory), so apparently Biodork hates my car. :(

is it a spoiler, wing, or just a little airfoil type of deal? your answer will probably be the deal breaker lol.

http://jalopnik.com/...ullwing-minivan

I'll make an exception because it was from the factory with the assumption that you had no other choice. If you had specifically requested said spoiler on your sedan, then I would make fun of you. :thumbsup:

is it a spoiler, wing, or just a little airfoil type of deal? your answer will probably be the deal breaker lol.

Small spoiler thingy. See attached, I'm not sure how to classify it.

I'll make an exception because it was from the factory with the assumption that you had no other choice. If you had specifically requested said spoiler on your sedan, then I would make fun of you. :thumbsup:

Wasn't an option on this revision. The old WRX didn't have one (it was an option, and it was ugly).

post-1315-0-48961800-1323371899_thumb.jpg

Wasn't an option on this revision. The old WRX didn't have one (it was an option, and it was ugly).

I'll definitely make an exception for that; it may be a 4-door, but the WRX is a rally-style car so a spoiler is acceptable. My issue is with people driving Accords and Camrys with spoilers (in addition to the young fools that put those stupid wings that are bigger than the trunk on their cars).

I like it. I almost got the same car, but settled for the Legacy Sedan. LOTS of room, and great on gas (which is great given the amount of travel I do).

I'll definitely make an exception for that; it may be a 4-door, but the WRX is a rally-style car so a spoiler is acceptable. My issue is with people driving Accords and Camrys with spoilers (in addition to the young fools that put those stupid wings that are bigger than the trunk on their cars).

or the cars that have wings on their wings on their wings? yeeeaaahhh...

I like it. I almost got the same car, but settled for the Legacy Sedan. LOTS of room, and great on gas (which is great given the amount of travel I do).

I probably should have gotten a Legacy, the WRX is awful on gas (24MPG on average), maybe 27MPG on a long highway trip @75.

what about a 4-door civic? 2006 model? dark blue? AND let's say that the spoiler is painted gold ....

I probably should have gotten a Legacy, the WRX is awful on gas (24MPG on average), maybe 27MPG on a long highway trip @75.

With my Legacy, between city and highway travel daily, I average 28mpg. I get 33+ highway.

If you care about mileage you got the wrong car. See how bad you can make your mileage - you will enjoy the car a lot more.

I drove my friends Turbo'd WRX, and lets just say, we were filling up the tank quite often on our trip. But it sure was fun!

Complaint?

Yet another tragedy at Virginia Tech happening right now. Two have been shot and confirmed deceased on campus, including a police officer. We're in lockdown now, but it's really f***ed up that they haven't found the shooter yet.

:sick:

Yikes, man... be safe and keep us posted.

Complaint?

Yet another tragedy at Virginia Tech happening right now. Two have been shot and confirmed deceased on campus, including a police officer. We're in lockdown now, but it's really f***ed up that they haven't found the shooter yet.

Cereal - I'm a Virginia Tech grad and can't believe this keeps happening in what is an otherwise really quiet town. Nothing eventful ever happened in 'the burg' when I was there in the 90s... now this. Sickening. Hang in there...

Complaint?

wait, you're actually there AT VA TECH?! holy hell, stay safe. please keep us updated!!!

Edited by Chris_in_UT

Complaint?

That sucks.

Stay safe. Good luck. Peace.

Cereal - I'm a Virginia Tech grad and can't believe this keeps happening in what is an otherwise really quiet town. Nothing eventful ever happened in 'the burg' when I was there in the 90s... now this. Sickening. Hang in there...

Hey cool, I hope to join you as an alumni within two months. :thumbsup:

The lockdown is over. The police aren't really talking, but it sounds like a police officer pulled the suspect over for a routine traffic stop. The officer was shot, then the suspect fled on foot and shot himself about a quarter mile away.

Thanks for the kind words, all.