Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Another complaint for today. I'm pretty confident something has died inside me. The last three days have felt like a WWI trench when I blow off some steam. I'm a walking Yellowstone Park.

I think it's the turkey, I'm in the same boat.

Another complaint for today. I'm pretty confident something has died inside me. The last three days have felt like a WWI trench when I blow off some steam. I'm a walking Yellowstone Park.

like boiling mud pots. or fading glory. once called morning glory due to it's rich, vibrant colors, the new name reflects the tragic loss of bacterial life that gave the feature its name. now all the colors have ebbed into abeyance. why? people keep throwing their trash in the pool, thus blocking the vent and lowering the surface temperature. lower temperatures produce less colorful bacteria.

moral of the story: don't block your vents. keep your colors vibrant. :)

like boiling mud pots. or fading glory. once called morning glory due to it's rich, vibrant colors, the new name reflects the tragic loss of bacterial life that gave the feature its name. now all the colors have ebbed into abeyance. why? people keep throwing their trash in the pool, thus blocking the vent and lowering the surface temperature. lower temperatures produce less colorful bacteria.

moral of the story: don't block your vents. keep your colors vibrant. :)

Out of all the responses I expected, this was not one. Excellent.

Buffalo Bills:

Last winning season - 2004

Last playoff appearance - 1999

Last home playoff appearance - 1996

Last playoff win - 1995

Last AFC East Title - 1995 (Good Lord!)

Last Super Bowl appearance - 1993

Last Super Bowl victory - never

Last League Championship - 1965 (AFL)

377-427-8 record

19 winning seasons out of 52 (a 36.5% winning record) (It's currently 51, but will be 52 seasons at the end of this season)

It's painful being an out-of-town Bills fan!!

Buffalo Bills:

Last playoff win - 1995

377-427-8 record

19 winning seasons out of 52 (a 36.5% winning record) (It's currently 51, but will be 52 seasons at the end of this season)

Boy if those aren't some convincing reasons to stop being a Bills fan.

Buffalo Bills:

Last playoff win - 1995

377-427-8 record

Are you kidding? Why don't you post this on a Bills site? Of course they suck! Why in the world are you surprised? Did you just fall off the turnip truck? Did you finally realize that they have a history?

I just realized why you posted this here...no matter how bad the Sabres get they will NEVER approach that level of incompetence and ineptitude. Thanks for the reminder.

Are you kidding? Why don't you post this on a Bills site? Of course they suck! Why in the world are you surprised? Did you just fall off the turnip truck? Did you finally realize that they have a history?

I just realized why you posted this here...no matter how bad the Sabres get they will NEVER approach that level of incompetence and ineptitude. Thanks for the reminder.

That's funny....because since 1999 when the Bills last were in the playoffs....Lindy Ruff has won a total of 5 playoff series.

Boston has won 4 since April of this year.........

My complaint?

Homers

• Like (+1) 1

That's funny....because since 1999 when the Bills last were in the playoffs....Lindy Ruff has won a total of 5 playoff series.

My complaint?

Homers

4 of which were approximately 1 year apart. that is indeed weak.

My complaint?

Homers

Well, if you're going cherry-pick and spin, it should be noted that prior to this year, Boston had won a grand total of 2 playoff series since that same 1999 cutoff date. Also worth noting that you chose that late 1999 cutoff in order to omit Lindy's 3 playoff series wins in 1999 and 2 in 1998 -- which is another 5 series wins (compared to the Bruins' one series win in that same period, which was one of 2 series wins by the Bruins in the 1993-1999 period, giving them a total of 4 series wins from 1993 through 2009, inclusive).

Finally, it's worth noting that the "fire the coach" yahoos were out in full force for Julien's head after the Bruins blew a 3-0 lead to Philly in 2010 -- but Chiarelli doesn't make decisions based on what those guys want. I guess it worked out for them.

• Like (+1) 4

Well, if you're going cherry-pick and spin, it should be noted that prior to this year, Boston had won a grand total of 2 playoff series since that same 1999 cutoff date. Also worth noting that you chose that late 1999 cutoff in order to omit Lindy's 3 playoff series wins in 1999 and 2 in 1998 -- which is another 5 series wins (compared to the Bruins' one series win in that same period, which was one of 2 series wins by the Bruins in the 1993-1999 period, giving them a total of 4 series wins from 1993 through 2009, inclusive).

Finally, it's worth noting that the "fire the coach" yahoos were out in full force for Julien's head after the Bruins blew a 3-0 lead to Philly in 2010 -- but Chiarelli doesn't make decisions based on what those guys want. I guess it worked out for them.

What do the kids say?

Oh, SNAP!

• Like (+1) 3

Call me crazy, but I see no problem with fans calling for a coach's head after his team blows a 3-0 lead. It's not like he was some with the status and history of Joe Torre.

Call me crazy, but I see no problem with fans calling for a coach's head after his team blows a 3-0 lead. It's not like he was some with the status and history of Joe Torre.

Julien is probably one of the most conservative coaches in the league.

Positional stay at home hockey most of the time. Trap with a lead.

Contrary to what most people perceive as Bruin's hockey, they really don't leave position to hit or block much.

I got lit up Kaleta-style playing in a non-checking C2 hockey league last night. I think my team is tied for 2nd, and we were playing the last place team. They always get blown out and the majority of the guys are new to playing. It was 0-0 just 4 minutes in, and I picked up a loose puck down by the goal line, brought it up along the boards and sent a break out pass to my winger (I play defense). Well, this guy is chasing after me full speed and a good 3 seconds after I make the pass he just drills me from the side. It was right in front of the ref, so he called him for interference since I didn't have the puck anymore, but since it's a non-checking league he could have easily called the guy for checking or roughing or charging, as he skated right through me. The worst part was, after the play is blown dead, the guy starts flipping out, because he doesn't know why he got a penalty. I have no problem with physical play, lead my team in pealty minutes, and was 2nd in the league last season, but I just couldn't understand what this guy was thinking. He took a swing at me later after he hacked my goalie's glove after a save and I put my hand on his chest so he wouldn't come any closer to him. Later in the game I caught him with his head down had him lined up for a big open ice hit, but let him go. Today I'm regretting that more than the two point shots I ripped off the post last night.

Last week, someone Kaleta'd me from behind I and went head first into the boards in a crumpled mess. After some choice words of warning about keeping his head up, I lit him up with a shoulder to breast bone check against the boards that de-skated him late in the 3rd. It was damn near orgasmic as he was plastered against the boards with his skates in the air.

Scumbag or not, some guys need payback or they think they can play dirty without retribution. If some guy plays in a manner that could break my neck, I want him to know he has to worry about the same thing. Maybe he'll think twice next time and realize it is only beer league.