Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Yes I do. Unfortunately shipping them to Utah probably gets me in a whole new level of trouble. How can they miss a fracture though? Did they even take any x-rays?

they did, but they actually said that their x-ray machine isn't as powerful as what most local hospitals have, so they said that it's entirely possible that there may be a hairline fracture, and that waiting until the calcium has time to form over the fracture will be the only way they can know for certain *at their facility.* however, the doctor also said that he'd be very surprised if icing, elevating and rest didn't take care of the inflammation and pain. the inflammation is down, but the pain level is exactly the same as the first day, which was 2 mondays ago.

i went to the hospital yesterday and had it re-x-rayed. sure enough, it's actually fractured. frickin' awesome.

as for the drugs, yah, i was mostly joking in asking about them. can't have you getting arrested for illegal distribution, trafficking across state lines, illegal use of the postal system, etc. :)

re-break tomorrow morning. i'm going to demand general anesthetic. none of this local crap.

they did, but they actually said that their x-ray machine isn't as powerful as what most local hospitals have, so they said that it's entirely possible that there may be a hairline fracture, and that waiting until the calcium has time to form over the fracture will be the only way they can know for certain *at their facility.* however, the doctor also said that he'd be very surprised if icing, elevating and rest didn't take care of the inflammation and pain. the inflammation is down, but the pain level is exactly the same as the first day, which was 2 mondays ago.

i went to the hospital yesterday and had it re-x-rayed. sure enough, it's actually fractured. frickin' awesome.

as for the drugs, yah, i was mostly joking in asking about them. can't have you getting arrested for illegal distribution, trafficking across state lines, illegal use of the postal system, etc. :)

re-break tomorrow morning. i'm going to demand general anesthetic. none of this local crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAK2t5qPlrE

Sorry man had to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

Newer woman at work in my office chews gum like a horse. Pop, snap, chomp, pop, snap, chomp. I don't mind the gum chewing so much, I just want her to do it with her mouth closed. Pre-lunch chomping, followed by post lunch chomping. It's like a fork on a chalk board. I have to put headphones on and crank the volume to 11 just to try and drown it out.

Within the past month my supervisor left. Today, her unofficial replacement just told me she's leaving too. We're a pretty small team of 7, 3 at my level, 3 one level up, and 1 head. Two of those middle 3 are now gone. None of us lower 3 are in any position to get bumped up, so suddenly things are pretty thin. I've been here about 10 months now, so I'm really wondering if this kind of turnover is just a coincidence or if it's a trend.

Within the past month my supervisor left. Today, her unofficial replacement just told me she's leaving too. We're a pretty small team of 7, 3 at my level, 3 one level up, and 1 head. Two of those middle 3 are now gone. None of us lower 3 are in any position to get bumped up, so suddenly things are pretty thin. I've been here about 10 months now, so I'm really wondering if this kind of turnover is just a coincidence or if it's a trend.

i've worked at small companies. not quite *that* small, but we had the same turnover rate. people left all the time--either voluntarily or through layoffs. in 2009, there were 3 rounds of layoffs in 6 months. it was ridiculous. they lost 70% of their work force--engineering, sales, tech support, management ... no one was safe except the president and the CEO. it was sad.

good luck man. who's the low man on the totem pole? maybe ask the last remaining middle person if the turn-over rate is normal?

i've worked at small companies. not quite *that* small, but we had the same turnover rate. people left all the time--either voluntarily or through layoffs. in 2009, there were 3 rounds of layoffs in 6 months. it was ridiculous. they lost 70% of their work force--engineering, sales, tech support, management ... no one was safe except the president and the CEO. it was sad.

good luck man. who's the low man on the totem pole? maybe ask the last remaining middle person if the turn-over rate is normal?

It's not really a small place. It's essentially a bunch of smaller teams all under on umbrella. I'm the lowest one in the pecking order. It wasn't a layoffs thing though, both decided to leave. They're very comfortable money-wise here. This project just had its funding renewed for 5 more years, so they're not in a position to be letting people go.

Just found out from mom that grandpa did indeed have a mini-stroke (ischemic) sometime early last week. He went to Strong today and they confirmed it and are running more tests. He will be 90 in January and after all that has gone on this year not sure i can deal with this. As sad and dumb as it sounds the sabres are 1 of the only positive things at the moment...

It's not really a small place. It's essentially a bunch of smaller teams all under on umbrella. I'm the lowest one in the pecking order. It wasn't a layoffs thing though, both decided to leave. They're very comfortable money-wise here. This project just had its funding renewed for 5 more years, so they're not in a position to be letting people go.

there's always a reason for a high attrition rate. if the money is good, the position solid, then there may be something more "sinister" that is going on than you might realize. having been in both places (low man and middle management), that's been what i've noticed. when i was 'the lowly worker bee' and the company had issues, we all sat around and speculated what the issues were. from middle management, i *knew* what the issues were ... i just couldn't discuss them openly. i opted to keep my team at least semi-informed by speaking in 'hypotheticals,' which were pretty obviously not so hypothetical. i had some jump ship. others stuck around. the ones that did were richly rewarded when the proverbial ship righted itself.

i hope everything works out for ya, man.

Just found out from mom that grandpa did indeed have a mini-stroke (ischemic) sometime early last week. He went to Strong today and they confirmed it and are running more tests. He will be 90 in January and after all that has gone on this year not sure i can deal with this. As sad and dumb as it sounds the sabres are 1 of the only positive things at the moment...

Seems like your having a really rough time at the moment, wish it turns around soon dude. :)

Hey man stay tough. I can't give you advice about the whole girl situation, but I can tell you that when it comes to family members being sick like that, and the unknown "what's going to happen?" factor is very hard to deal with. When my Great Grandmother had a heart attack, and was very immobile and sick before she passed, it was one of the toughest times for me, and especially my sister. trying to help my sister was one of the hardest things I've done. just stay strong for your family members.

And it's not sad or dumb. Everyone needs an outlet for their emotions. Mine is a mixture of sports (Sabres and Bills) and Skeet shooting. I'm not very good at shooting skeet, but it's still a nice positive release.

And it's not sad or dumb. Everyone needs an outlet for their emotions. Mine is a mixture of sports (Sabres and Bills) and Skeet shooting. I'm not very good at shooting skeet, but it's still a nice positive release.

Couldn't agree more, i got the sabres, running, and my guitar. Everyone has their outlets.

Seems like your having a really rough time at the moment, wish it turns around soon dude. :)

Hey man stay tough. I can't give you advice about the whole girl situation, but I can tell you that when it comes to family members being sick like that, and the unknown "what's going to happen?" factor is very hard to deal with. When my Great Grandmother had a heart attack, and was very immobile and sick before she passed, it was one of the toughest times for me, and especially my sister. trying to help my sister was one of the hardest things I've done. just stay strong for your family members.And it's not sad or dumb. Everyone needs an outlet for their emotions. Mine is a mixture of sports (Sabres and Bills) and Skeet shooting. I'm not very good at shooting skeet, but it's still a nice positive release.

Couldn't agree more, i got the sabres, running, and my guitar. Everyone has their outlets.

Thank you all,

My grandfather will be staying the night at the hospital (Rochester General, not strong) for monitoring and I am going down on sunday.

So I bought a new car. Sirius is built in, free for 6 months. We were already subscribers to XM, and even though they are one and the same, they are NOT, really. In the car I traded away I enjoyed XM with Home Ice and all the games. With Sirius, Home Ice is on an "add-on" tier, which we called and added-on four freakin' days ago.

It's not there. Obviously, I may need a reboot but it should have been done 4 days ago when my husband called and reconfigured everything. So as I am realizing this today...hubby is unreachable at work, and I don't have any of the passwords and logins and bribes and first born children available so they won't even talk to me.

You get used to life a certain way. I will be driving the kid taxi tonight until 8:30. Normally, I love this time of year...I get a Starbucks...Sabres on the radio...I'm driving...picking up kids and dropping off. Maybe it will even snow. But, NO!

If I'm not home to watch...it better be on the damn radio or momma's gonna be pissed.

I'm gonna call again :pirate:

I am so friggen done with the Kroger I shop not having any good bread left at 4.30. I cannot eat friggen white bread with any meal, let alone dinner. If you always run out of baguettes at 3.00, maybe you should make some more. The place is right close to the house, so I keep going there..but this is really starting to piss me off.

I'm on travel this week to Suffolk VA, and Thursday is always Bier Garden night. But it's after 6 and we're waiting on some putz to deliver a couple laptops before we can leave. If I don't get some schnitzel tonight I'm gonna be mad!

My project got its FY13 money zeroed out - effectively killing the program. Now we need to scramble to see if someone else can use this telescope we are building... or else I'm on the hairy edge of looking for a rare job opening in my field.

sigh.

I'm sorry to hear about this. Maybe something better will come along to where you don't have to move your family.

XC, as devout as you are, I am very saddened to see that you can't reconcile that God had the overriding hand in how the world developed but that evolution is reality.

I get it when 'scientists' don't believe in God because they believe that eventually science will be stretched far enough to explain not only how we're here but why as well (though I don't agree w/ it and know a lot of scientists that don't agree w/ that), but I don't understand why 'fundamentalists' don't believe in science. If God didn't want us to understand the world we live in and are a part of, wouldn't he have made us a LOT dumber?

I apologize to you and everyone else whom I wanted to reply to sooner on this thread, but I had some issues going on over the past couple of weeks that needed my attention.

With all due respect, there are a few problems with your posting. So, I have one question in the bolded section. Can you provide me with a chapter and verse to prove your point?

Second, I do believe in science. A lot of its descriptions put a lot of validity in Scripture itself. Johannes Kepler and Sir Isaac Newton fully understood this. However, if you want contemporary scientists who take Creation over evolution, you could look at Dr. Georgia Purdom, Dr. Kurt Wise (who studied under Stephen Jay Gould at Harvard for his Ph.D. dissertation), and Dr. Gary Parker (who started off as a believer in Darwinian evolution until he actually took a look at all the evidence and totally changed his convictions on the subject). It's just that since God created all things, including true science (not the stuff contrived by Charles Darwin and his devoted followers), science is accountable to God.

Third, God did want us to understand the world we live in. If you have a Bible on your bookshelf, open it up and you'll see it. It's all right there. However, if you don't have one, I can certainly direct you to several online Bibles.

Thats fine friend just wondering about the "fossil fuel" that propels your industry in which you make a living......

That's easy. It was made around the same time that God created the Heavens and the earth.

Does anyone else see the irony when a person of "faith" says they don't believe in something because there are no facts to back it up.

Are you absolutely sure about that?

I only way I can stop my brain from hurting when it comes to creation and time and whatnot is that time is simply not the linear progression that humans see it as. It's the only thing that makes any sense to me. There may well be some being, "God" if you will, that can perceive time or the universe in a different way and is therefore omnipotent. I've also wondered if the answer to "Why doesn't God just show himself and remove all doubt?" is that his time runs significantly faster than ours and he nipped out for a beer (so to speak), or that he's busy somewhere else.

What I do know is that I don't have the answers, and since I don't think anyone has much more info than I do I'm suspicious of anyone that claims they do.

1, This question has been asked innumerable times in human history. Oddly enough, even if you read the account of Christ's encounters with the Pharisees, they tried to pull the same stunt with him. God could be right there in front of those who do not believe Him and they still wouldn't know it was Him.

2, Be glad you weren't one of the false prophets of Baal when the prophet Elijah rightly mocked them as they called out for Baal to no avail.

3, Not to be condescending, but even as I don't claim to know more than you, there are those who actually do. They are very much into theology and apologetics and who can easily find a pattern of inconsistency in their opponent's flawed arguments. Listening to a recorded formal debate between Richard Dawkins and William Lane Craig in Mexico City was a classic example of watching an arrogant, pompous Oxford University professor get the smackdown from a Christian philosopher.

the problem with this argument or any argument is that you are always asking the other side to either ignore their religious or their scientific beliefs so its a

Kobayashi Maru

Oh, but see, those who believe in Creation are unjustly ridiculed in spite of there being a consistently established argument in favor of the six literal days of Creation. Thus, they are also under duress to recant their convictions that God created the universe in six literal days. So, if you're going to try that one on me, then the pot's calling the kettle black.

Dinosaurs for one, they were around millions of years before man "created" religion.

For one, I have to give you credit. You are consistent in hating Christianity, Creation, and capitalism (which was something that was first espoused by John Calvin). You've been unwavering in those areas.

Have you stopped to think that dinosaurs co-existed with humans as much as 6,000 years ago?

As for man "creating" religion, where's your proof? Or is this an assumption?