Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Tell Ink not to go so deep next time.:sick:

Oh - and no one has corrected the clock on SS for DST. I've been waiting 4 days to make that complaint!

So now you're confusing me with chz? That's it, now she has to change her username.

My complaint is that I get Korab's joke but shrader's response has me totally baffled. Pretty sure chz is a girl and doesn't have those, um, 'parts' :unsure:

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Now that the weather is nicer and my car isn't encrusted with salt, I can see all the dents and dings caused by backing into snow banks during the winter. My lease expires later this year and I'm going to have to fix the dings (or pay through the nose at the end of the lease). Crap.

2. Why did it take me this long to try Sam Adams Light? It beats Blue Light by a mile & a half. Anyone try any other light beers that don't actually suck?

Light beer is a sham, I did the math. If you drink 2 bottles of (say) Victory Hop Devil (6.7%, 170 cal) or 5 bottles of MGD 64 (2.8% (!!!!) and 64 cal), you take in nearly the same calories and alcohol content. You're do get more water in the light beer though! Give me the idea of making my own light beer, just add a 20oz of water to each bottle of IPA.

Oh - and no one has corrected the clock on SS for DST. I've been waiting 4 days to make that complaint!

Go into your profile under settings, un-check 'DST Correction' and then 'In DST?'. I'm guessing the board software never caught up with the DST changes a few years back (which is rather scary if the software isn't getting updated).

Light beer is a sham, I did the math. If you drink 2 bottles of (say) Victory Hop Devil (6.7%, 170 cal) or 5 bottles of MGD 64 (2.8% (!!!!) and 64 cal), you take in nearly the same calories and alcohol content. You're do get more water in the light beer though! Give me the idea of making my own light beer, just add a 20oz of water to each bottle of IPA.

Go into your profile under settings, un-check 'DST Correction' and then 'In DST?'. I'm guessing the board software never caught up with the DST changes a few years back (which is rather scary if the software isn't getting updated).

Thanks! that was bothering me too. Is it sad that I wasn't sure whether we were in DST or not and had to do this process twice? So used to having my electronics know without me telling them... did you really have to manually adjust clocks back in the day?!?

Here is my yearly complaint.

I. Hate. March. Madness.

I hate the myriad of tournaments leading up to March Madness.

I hate "bracketology".

I hate when some announcer screams "Unbelievable!!!" when there is a buzzer beater. What's not to believe? We just saw that same play 4 times yesterday.

I hate the sneaker squeaks.

I hate that obnoxious substitution buzzer.

Boy, that's a lot of hate. Let's just say I really don't like it.

Oh, and my kid's sick again.

It's all about TV ratings. Besides, I don't know why people think that basketball is all that great.

But you're right. All those things that you mentioned are extremely annoying.

Sorry about your kid. Hope he gets well soon.

Now, my complaint. Telling my dispatcher that I don't have the hours to make on-time delivery, and yet they still insist that I do the load anyway. Um, helloooooo! You're back at headquarters over a thousand miles away, you've never driven a truck, and you don't know the traffic patterns where I'm at. (can't reveal current location, but it is somewhere along the I-95 corridor heading toward south central PA). I've been doing this trick for almost eight years. I know how to plan my trips and I know when something isn't going to work. But hey: I guess I'm just a dumb truck driver who isn't paid to think.

It's St. Patrick's Day and I gave up beer for lent. My own fault really but oh well.

:wacko: that's hardcore man.

Another week and my right eye is still messed up. Last week Doc informed me that I have scar tissue on the lens. He's got me back on 'roid eyedrops and a dilator drop. So now my eye is scarred AND dialted. Can't see for sh!t. I have another appt tomorrow morning. This will be the 6th visit to the eye doc since the 2nd week in January.

If I didn't have to work, I'd take your beer in a heartbeat. That's the joy of being Protestant! :D

You are lucky you are on this side of the pond. That avatar would get you shot where you come from.

Even here, stay out of Boston and Hibernian clubs. They all think they are in the IRA.

You are lucky you are on this side of the pond. That avatar would get you shot where you come from.

Even here, stay out of Boston and Hibernian clubs. They all think they are in the IRA.

Believe it or not, I would wear an orange shirt every St. Patrick's Day when I went to both GCC and RIT. Either no one thought anything of it, or they talked behind my back, but it didn't matter to me anyway.

I could have put this guy up for an avatar. :D

Take your pick (and "neither" is not an option).

Believe it or not, I would wear an orange shirt every St. Patrick's Day when I went to both GCC and RIT. Either no one thought anything of it, or they talked behind my back, but it didn't matter to me anyway.

I could have put this guy up for an avatar. :D

Take your pick (and "neither" is not an option).

You would be safe with Paisley's pic over here - the pretenders and wannabe's would have no clue who he was.

We have a conference call this afternoon with a potential collaborator to go over preliminary results we've generated for the project, and yesterday our lab met to go over what we have and to decide how best to present the data, what to send the other group, etc. Our boss asked us to put together a few slides and send to her at the end of the day so she could look over them before sending along this morning to the collaborators. So this morning, in the last 2 hours, we've gotten I don't know how many e-mails (from our boss) asking questions about the data, asking for more slides and more information, etc. etc., all AFTER she already sent them to the other group. What the F was the point of us sending it to her first if she wasn't even going to look at it before sending along???????? :wallbash:

Oh, absolutely light beer would be about the same or worse than regular beer if you drink a lot more of it. But if you're going to end up w/ the same total volume consumed, the light beer gives a lot fewer calories and a much safer ride home. Almost makes up for it tasting so much worse than beer. ;)

It's St. Patrick's Day and I gave up beer for lent. My own fault really but oh well.

ALWAYS give yourself a waiver for 3/17. It ALWAYS falls in Lent.

But if he's protestant he's wearing the right color. Although, it IS the WRONG color.

And my complaint: why ain't there a St. Patty's Day thread? :censored:

Another week and my right eye is still messed up. Last week Doc informed me that I have scar tissue on the lens. He's got me back on 'roid eyedrops and a dilator drop. So now my eye is scarred AND dialted. Can't see for sh!t. I have another appt tomorrow morning. This will be the 6th visit to the eye doc since the 2nd week in January.

That sucks, man -- I hope the doc gets your eye all fixed up. Eye stuff is the worst, but hopefully it doesn't hurt (even though you can't see well). Scratched my cornea twice and that hurts like a mother. Feels like putting sand under your eyelid. On the plus side, got to rock a pirate patch to work for a few days, which is always a good conversation-starter.