Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I hate it when people play Devil's advocate all the time. It's one thing to disagree with someone's opinion or try to present a different point of view, but when you do it at every single flippin' conversation, you're just talking so that everyone knows you're speaking.

Maybe they are actually the Devil and not just his advocate.

I have a complaint -- hardly anyone is complaining today! :nana: Must be d4rksabre is finally healthy again.

You want some complainin', I'll give you some complainin'.

My daughter is sick,.. again,.. I should say still. Only this time it's strep which caused her to have a seizure on Tuesday, then another on Wednesday. Now she's on antibiotics that makes her so crazy that my wife and I just sit and watch her tear our house apart, literally.

Here's another. Because of her health issues, we usually burn through the deductible and max copay of our health insurance by the end of January (after which we pay nothing). Well, this year, my company is being sold. The sale was supposed to take in December, which would have been great; one plan ends, another begins January 1st. Because the sale isn't going through until January (possibly February) I will probably reach my max copay, then start a new plan and start all over again.

I'm guessing that because their lawyers couldn't get their ###### together, it's going to cost me an extra 5 or 6 grand next year.

Oh well, I guess I should just be happy I have a job and health insurance. (did I really just say that? I feel like Winston Smith right before the bullet enters the back of his skull)

It really does make you feel better,.. oh,.. wait,.. that could be the Orange/Black Russian I'm drinking.

:thumbsup: I'll have to try that, I've only made the standard black and/or white, but orange sounds tasty. And you win -- sorry to hear about your daughter.

:thumbsup: I'll have to try that, I've only made the standard black and/or white, but orange sounds tasty. And you win -- sorry to hear about your daughter.

It happened by accident. All I had was orange Smirnoff. Turns out it's a thing.

And thanks.

You know, I had a really great Thursday. I mean, a sh&tty week (broke up with gf, major fight with kid sis that will result in matching suspensions), but a great Thursday. Took my dad to the USA-Deutchland game, bullsh&tted with him, and had fun. I don't know how many meaningful years are left in that father-son relationship, but tonight was a good one.

/sorry to un-buzzkill the thread.

//carry on next week

You know, I had a really great Thursday. I mean, a sh&tty week (broke up with gf, major fight with kid sis that will result in matching suspensions), but a great Thursday. Took my dad to the USA-Deutchland game, bullsh&tted with him, and had fun. I don't know how many meaningful years are left in that father-son relationship, but tonight was a good one.

/sorry to un-buzzkill the thread.

//carry on next week

Don't think.....just drink! :beer:

Car insurance f'n sucks. Apparently Massachusetts is the biggest pain in the ass state to be insured in. I've been bouncing phone calls back and forth for 2 days now between the agent and the dealership that I bought my car from. The agent is licensed in MA, but the dealer refuses to acknowledge it. I finally had to cave and accept an offer from a different place that was slightly more expensive. I'm waiting on the paperwork now, but I get the feeling that the woman didn't right down my email address correctly and instead sent it off to no one. I'm supposed to pick up the car tomorrow, but at this rate, I'll have it by September.... right when I no longer have the parking spot that I had to pay a s-load of money to reserve.

My mom and brother moved out to Phoenix this past year and I'm headed there tomorrow for a visit. My complaint? Back in October, it seemed like an awesome idea to see the Sabres play the Coyotes Sat. night... now I'm just hoping I won't be embarrassed to have on a Sabres jersey. <_<

My mom and brother moved out to Phoenix this past year and I'm headed there tomorrow for a visit. My complaint? Back in October, it seemed like an awesome idea to see the Sabres play the Coyotes Sat. night... now I'm just hoping I won't be embarrassed to have on a Sabres jersey. <_<

Relax. Only Buffalo will see you there.

I tried to replicate Bison French Onion Dip. It was not close.

Sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, chives, salt, pepper, a little sugar, some smoked paprika for the heluvit. What am I missing, besides the onions? :oops:

Also Mike Schopp keeps saying, "So-ewwww." "So-ewwwww, Bulldog, did you watch the game last night?" Really annoying.

Sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, chives, salt, pepper, a little sugar, some smoked paprika for the heluvit. What am I missing, besides the onions? :oops:

Also Mike Schopp keeps saying, "So-ewwww." "So-ewwwww, Bulldog, did you watch the game last night?" Really annoying.

Parsley. And swap out cayenne pepper for paprika.

EDIT: Actually, that smoked paprika sounds pretty interesting.

Parsley. And swap out cayenne pepper for paprika.

EDIT: Actually, that smoked paprika sounds pretty interesting.

Sorry, I was working so I couldn't elaborate before. I've been perfecting my homemade Bison dip for a few years now. All I use is sour cream, onion powder, onion flakes, onion salt, and parsley. That's it. I don't really know the amounts because I just do it by feel now. Once I got that down I started adding cayenne pepper. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm working on a theory that using a light or lower fat sour cream might make it even better. I'll let you know.

Sorry, I was working so I couldn't elaborate before. I've been perfecting my homemade Bison dip for a few years now. All I use is sour cream, onion powder, onion flakes, onion salt, and parsley. That's it. I don't really know the amounts because I just do it by feel now. Once I got that down I started adding cayenne pepper. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm working on a theory that using a light or lower fat sour cream might make it even better. I'll let you know.

Onion flakes seems like the missing ingredient.

My complaint is against the radio commercial for the "Whiny Awards." Does anyone else find it not funny to hear Jim Kelly talking about how hammered Thurman Thomas would get? So hammered he would sleep at the stadium so he wouldn't miss meetings. Am I the only one thinking if these guys took it a bit more seriously the Bills may have actually WON a Super Bowl?