Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Thanks for starting the thread! :thumbsup:

Now to the complaint...

I'm sitting in traffic daydreaming and notice the car in front of me is a Subura <I don't know the model> LL Bean Limited Edition. WTF is that? A car linked to a mail order clothing store? Where's the connection? Is the upholestery made of the same material they use for shirts? :D

People who use the space bar to "format" Excel documents. I'm reformatting all the documents our facility uses for production purposes and the moronic woman who did this before me would enter all the data in the first cell in the column and space everything across the document. She also asked me to "print screen" (do you know how to do that, she said) when I informed her that I would be formatting certain documents and returning the rest to her. Emailing links to all the documents on the company server is apparently beyond her mental capablilities. Why they gave a person of this little computer ability a position working exclusively with computers is beyond my mental capabilities.

Thanks for starting the thread! :thumbsup:

Now to the complaint...

I'm sitting in traffic daydreaming and notice the car in front of me is a Subura <I don't know the model> LL Bean Limited Edition. WTF is that? A car linked to a mail order clothing store? Where's the connection? Is the upholestery made of the same material they use for shirts? :D

I guess it's a take-off of the Eddie Bauer Ford models. But yeah, screw them!

Interest rates. Can someone tell me why mortgage rates when UP when the Fed lowered the rate to 1.5 percent?

No. I'm not an economist (nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn last night), but my understanding is that the Fed rate is for short-term cash loans made to businesses. While short and long term rates tend to go in lockstep, the relationship is loose, and exceptions are fairly common.

$!^!$$!@$*((%! sub-prime bastards!

This is probably the proper analysis. The mortgage market fluctuates on concerns about the long term ability of buyers to pay.

I can't complain about the rate I locked in 3 weeks ago (local, small town bank). But I will complain about realtors. Do they all do just about anything possible (including lying) to get you to buy their listings?

I can't complain about the rate I locked in 3 weeks ago (local, small town bank). But I will complain about realtors. Do they all do just about anything possible (including lying) to get you to buy their listings?

Mine didn't. She was actually up-front and mentioned before we got to them that a few houses were listed by the same agency, not even by her directly. Sounds like you need a better realtor.

Last night's game went so well, so I'm in a good mood right now. But since its thursday and I have to complain about something, I'll just say that I hate Philadelphia. I could care less about baseball, but whatever keeps that city miserable will be fine by me.

Mine didn't. She was actually up-front and mentioned before we got to them that a few houses were listed by the same agency, not even by her directly. Sounds like you need a better realtor.

Too late! The offer we made was accepted by the seller, but then a few days later the seller's attorney objected to one of the terms of the offer. The realtor/agent had given us misleading information when we had asked specifically about those terms. Fortunately nothing really material was at stake and the deal is fine, but it ticked me off that a transaction that should have gone smoothly required us to get nervous, deal with our lawyer, etc. It wasn't necessary. You'd think after handling thousands of transactions this wouldn't be necessary. My wife (who hasn't gone through this before) said "It's like this is the first time they've ever done this. Nothing is standardized and anything different throws things into chaos."

The other thing that ticks me off: The agent first blaming (and ridiculing) the seller's attorney. That's not the agent's business nor place. Then saying "Well, what do you care? You got a really great rate." As if that covers for the rest? I was lucky - but that does not absolve the other clowns involved in this.

On the plus side: We have another house to sell (now) - and this realtor will not be listing it.

:cry: At least we have hockey, hot cider, and a nice fire to curl up by in the winter.

I don't like cider and have no fireplace. Instead I get a cold beer, sit near a furnace duct and feel the draft through the window. :lol:

One other complaint....I'm taking delivery sometime this week on a new car for the first time since 2001 and I completely forgot what a-holes car salesmen/dealerships are. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I don't like cider and have no fireplace. Instead I get a cold beer, sit near a furnace duct and feel the draft through the window. :lol:

:lol:

One other complaint....I'm taking delivery sometime this week on a new car for the first time since 2001 and I completely forgot what a-holes car salesmen/dealerships are. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Abso-freakin-lutely. When we purchased our Accord. It took us 4 Honda dealerships to finally come across a salesman I could stomach.

Try working at a dealership. A few years back, when I was between jobs in Orlando I worked at a Toyota dealership for about 3 months. Biggest bunch of a-holes and swinging Richards I'd ever had the displeasure of working with.

My post game bar is closed for renovations right now. This place is about a block away from the college arena I'm always at. There's other stuff in the area, but this bar is the perfect post game atmosphere while the others are more sit down type places. So far I'm only 2 games in, but I've felt lost after both.

John McCain. Dude, the war's over. Relax. The guy's got a serious case of the heebie-jeebies. I think more than anything, the reason he lost a slight lead in the polls and now appears to be heading for a pretty healthy loss is that people started to see an erratic character responding to the financial "crisis." Meanwhile, Obama is calm and cool and collected under pressure.

My other complaint is the debris bananas leave on your hands. You ever have that problem, Spendcheese?