Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

i'm finally entering the world of contracted employment (previously i've only held a few under-the-table jobs, plus some free-lance web design work), and thus am being introduced to taxes. enough said.

Thanks Jack. Make sure you pay your fair share so I can get my well-deserved pension check on the first business day of each month for the next 30 years. And to all of you, thank you.

Jeff Kuhn

Chief Warrant Officer 3

US Coast Guard, 25 years and counting

My post game bar is closed for renovations right now. This place is about a block away from the college arena I'm always at. There's other stuff in the area, but this bar is the perfect post game atmosphere while the others are more sit down type places. So far I'm only 2 games in, but I've felt lost after both.

Ever go to Fajitas and Ritas? My wife intorduced it to me when I was in Boston, and I fell in love. I guess that is not thge kind of place you are looking for.

Ever go to Fajitas and Ritas? My wife intorduced it to me when I was in Boston, and I fell in love. I guess that is not thge kind of place you are looking for.

I want to say I've walked past it at some point, but that's in the completely wrong part of town for my post game drinking needs. I'll have to check it out at some point though, just not after a hockey game.

And just so Blue doesn't yell at me for going off topic, I have to complain about you offering absolutely no help for my post game drinking problem.

Dude, you have a kid. You NEED a DVR for your own sanity.

I have one that is already filled with stuff I'm never going to get around to watching (at least not anytime soon) but here's the kicker - the game will be on in the background where I work, so I won't be able to completely avoid the game and I'm going to get home in the middle of it (probably around halftime or partway through the third quarter) and I won't want to start over.

And just so Blue doesn't yell at me for going off topic, I have to complain about you offering absolutely no help for my post game drinking problem.

Come on. Your in Boston, you know full of drunk Irish people. You can't find a good place to booze. Where exactly are you? I know of some good places in Quin(z)cy. If you are into the seedy, coke dealing kinda of hell holes.

Come on. Your in Boston, you know full of drunk Irish people. You can't find a good place to booze. Where exactly are you? I know of some good places in Quin(z)cy. If you are into the seedy, coke dealing kinda of hell holes.

These games aren't in the downtown areas, so anything out there is no good. You want something close with a good atmosphere after a game. This one bar was perfect for it and has been for a long time. Everything else close is either more of a restaurant/bar or has more of that "underaged college student trying to sneak in" feel to it. The restaurant/bar is too much of a sitdown place with too many tables and I'm well beyond going to that other kind of place at this point.

Luckily the other bar should be open in early november, so the problem won't last too long (assuming they don't go overboard on the remodeling). But for now, I'll complain.

Last night's game went so well, so I'm in a good mood right now. But since its thursday and I have to complain about something, I'll just say that I hate Philadelphia. I could care less about baseball, but whatever keeps that city miserable will be fine by me.

I'll agree with you on this, even though I live there. :beer:

Tough to find something to complain about but here goes,,,

Just got Direct TV and CI and now can watch hockey every day and every Sabre game however I can only watch one game at a time w/o switching back and forth or setting up extra receiver's and TV's in one room like the sports bar does down the road.... Hmm maybe when I get around to finishing that basement. :rolleyes:

For all you truckers out there: SPLIT SPEED LIMITS! Man, I hate going through states that have them!

Ohio (they enforce speed limits on everyone in draconian fashion)

Michigan

Indiana (although my truck can only do 62, so they're technically off the hook)

Illinois (because Rowdy Roddy Blagojevich adamantly refuses to make the speed limits uniform citing safety reasons - in spite of the fact that the FMCSA has conclusive evidence that uniform speed limits are actually safer)

Tennessee (most metro areas because they listened to the green freaks about "global warming" - except for Nashville)

California (70 for cars, 55 for trucks. No matter how dangerous this is, it's still considered a rainmaker in fines in spite of the fact that CA has become such a train wreck of a state in every conceivable aspect)

John McCain. Dude, the war's over. Relax. The guy's got a serious case of the heebie-jeebies. I think more than anything, the reason he lost a slight lead in the polls and now appears to be heading for a pretty healthy loss is that people started to see an erratic character responding to the financial "crisis." Meanwhile, Obama is calm and cool and collected under pressure.

Well, my complaint is in response to your complaint. You can thank this guy not only for attempting to ruin our country, but also for killing several other countries' currencies. Ask the Brits. They know this all to well.

Why the US government doesn't deport this Commie nutjob is beyond me. At least the ChiComs had enough sense to ban him from doing business in their country back in 1999. Everywhere he goes to do business, he leaves behind a trail of destruction and millions suffer as a result of it. This guy has absolutely no remorse. AFAIAC, Obama is only his marionette.

Don't just look at the surface. Look at the root cause.

Well, my complaint is in response to your complaint. You can thank this guy not only for attempting to ruin our country, but also for killing several other countries' currencies. Ask the Brits. They know this all to well.

Why the US government doesn't deport this Commie nutjob is beyond me. At least the ChiComs had enough sense to ban him from doing business in their country back in 1999. Everywhere he goes to do business, he leaves behind a trail of destruction and millions suffer as a result of it. This guy has absolutely no remorse. AFAIAC, Obama is only his marionette.

Don't just look at the surface. Look at the root cause.

I don't care why the crisis happened. I'm talking about McCain's response. Suspending the campaign, but not really, and going back to Washington -- to do what? -- and being all over the place on the issue during that time period was not comforting to a lot of people.