Danny Briere 2 goals last night

bob_sauve28

and still they've both got over twenty pounds on'em

My point is that there are a lot of ways and parts that go into a championship team. It seems that just because Anaheim won last year, everyone is back on this huge kick. All things being equal, off course you would prefer 6'3" to 5'9', but things are rarely "all things being equal."

WE WANT 45!!!!!

and most definitely not this guy:

post-1053-1211206521_thumbjpg

Just to throw something random into the discussion: old Dmitri led all defenseman in ice time for the Russian team that just won the World Championships. That team included Markov and Tyutin. The talent is there. I'm not saying we should keep him (although I'd be fine with doing so as long as we make a change somewhere in our top 4), but the talent is there.

First off, I did over 8 1/2 years in the Marines, so I had more than my share of hiking.

Thank you.

There -- I posted in this thread without mentioning you-know-who even once.

That would be fine, if that was their plan. The fact is they lost all three players and are overpaying their star pffensive player because they mis-read the market. If what you are saying is based in any way in fact, the Sabres' end of the year press conference last year would have went something like this;

LQ/DR: We are very thankful for the efforts made by Chris and Danny in turning this franchise around. However, we think they have gotten us as far as we can go and therefore we plan on retooling our team around the young core we have put in place. We wish them the best in their future endeavors.

We will now turn our attention to Thomas and Derek and hope to have them signed before July 1st so we can use the free agency period to see if we can add some less expensive veteran leadership to this young core we plan to build around.

As far as Brian is concerned, we have a number in mind that fits into our plan and if we can get it done before training camp, he will be a part of our future.

Funny how people think that was the Sabres plan..Actually its hysterical to think that people really believe that the results of last offseason were planned..Whats even more funny is that people defend them for it..We can now call this elaborate cover up by some posters as SABERGATE...

Who were you with and when?

I was originally a 5811 Military Police.

1996-1997 I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan at Camp Hansen, then spent 3 months at Okuma Beach Resort in the summer of 97'.

1997-2000 I went to Quantico, VA at Security BN.

I got recalled back to active duty from Nov 02'-Apr 05' (back at Quantico).

I went back to regular active duty in Apr 05', and had to do a LAT move from 5811 to 7212 L.A.A.D. Gunner (Low Altitude Air Defense Gunner). As a LAAD Gunner, our mission was to shoot down enemy aircraft with a stinger missile. It was a pointless MOS, since they got rid of the Avenger missile system which had the stinger missiles mounted on a hummer (you probably saw pictures of the Avengers in DC & NY after 9/11).

I was stationed at Cherry Point, NC from 7/05 to 7/07. I was medically separated due to torn tendons in my ankle & fractured cartiledge in my foot (where the foot & shin meet), those injuries effected the weight bearing pressure on my foot. Now I'm back in Northern VA working for the Marines as a civilian contractor.

How about yourself?

I was originally a 5811 Military Police.

1996-1997 I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan at Camp Hansen, then spent 3 months at Okuma Beach Resort in the summer of 97'.

1997-2000 I went to Quantico, VA at Security BN.

I got recalled back to active duty from Nov 02'-Apr 05' (back at Quantico).

I went back to regular active duty in Apr 05', and had to do a LAT move from 5811 to 7212 L.A.A.D. Gunner (Low Altitude Air Defense Gunner). As a LAAD Gunner, our mission was to shoot down enemy aircraft with a stinger missile. It was a pointless MOS, since they got rid of the Avenger missile system which had the stinger missiles mounted on a hummer (you probably saw pictures of the Avengers in DC & NY after 9/11).

I was stationed at Cherry Point, NC from 7/05 to 7/07. I was medically separated due to torn tendons in my ankle & fractured cartiledge in my foot (where the foot & shin meet), those injuries effected the weight bearing pressure on my foot. Now I'm back in Northern VA working for the Marines as a civilian contractor.

How about yourself?

87-95 Active Duty Vma-311 Tomcats Yuma, Az

Plane Captain

We blew up stuff...LOL...

Actually my Job was a final check on the Aircraft to make sure everything was ok before and after flight..If there was a problem I generated the work order and so on..Now I work for a Hydraulic Company in Western New York....

Now I work for a Hydraulic Company in Western New York....

It's not near Syracuse, is it?

Oh, and ...

1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. 5 .. 6 .. 7 .. 8 .. 9 .. 10 .. 11 .. 12 .. 13 .. 14 .. 15 .. 16 .. 17 .. 18 .. 19 .. 20 .. 21 .. 22 .. 23 .. 24 .. 25 .. 26 .. 27 .. 28 .. 29 .. 30 .. 31 .. 32 .. 33 .. 34 .. 35 .. 36 .. 37 .. 38 .. 39 .. 40 .. 41 .. 42 .. 43 .. 44 .. 45 ..

WE WANT 46!!!!!

and not this guy (only played five games as a Sabre):

post-1053-1211235007_thumbjpg

It's not near Syracuse, is it?

Oh, and ...

1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. 5 .. 6 .. 7 .. 8 .. 9 .. 10 .. 11 .. 12 .. 13 .. 14 .. 15 .. 16 .. 17 .. 18 .. 19 .. 20 .. 21 .. 22 .. 23 .. 24 .. 25 .. 26 .. 27 .. 28 .. 29 .. 30 .. 31 .. 32 .. 33 .. 34 .. 35 .. 36 .. 37 .. 38 .. 39 .. 40 .. 41 .. 42 .. 43 .. 44 .. 45 ..

WE WANT 46!!!!!

and not this guy (only played five games as a Sabre):

post-1053-1211235007_thumbjpg

no...However I go there twice a week..You need something fixed?

no...However I go there twice a week..You need something fixed?

Nah. At my old company, we used to contract with Fluid Power Sales to design/build some custom valve blocks. I used to engineer hydraulic and other mechanical systems.

Disapointing guys, how could we not have taken this post to #48 to end it?

Always respected Jim Brown for walking away at the height of his career. Why ruin the thread by hanging on for a few pages and destroy the legacy that is "Danny Briere 2 goals last night."

It's been a good run, guess there's no way to stretch it to 48 pages...

Unless we link to some of the FlyerPhans.com message board (thanks to KnightRider) threads and see what the Cryer's fans are pissing and moaning about...

No time to really search (since I can't find a "Search Posts" feature on that page) but here's a fun link with Cryers fans' sour grapes - "NHL you got what you wanted, hope your ratings tank, this league sucks" - you know, standard Philly fans pissing and moaning. LINK

It's been a good run, guess there's no way to stretch it to 48 pages...

Unless we link to some of the FlyerPhans.com message board (thanks to KnightRider) threads and see what the Cryer's fans are pissing and moaning about...

No time to really search (since I can't find a "Search Posts" feature on that page) but here's a fun link with Cryers fans' sour grapes - "NHL you got what you wanted, hope your ratings tank, this league sucks" - you know, standard Philly fans pissing and moaning. LINK

At first I was impressed, but then I remembered what an awesome series he had against them in 2006...

At first I was impressed, but then I remembered what an awesome series he had against them in 2006...

They can have him. He turns into a head case when he makes a mistake in Buffalo - what is he going to do the first time he turns over a puck in the Wachovia Center, it turns into a goal and the crowd turns on him? He'll need a shrink in between periods to get him straightened back out...

They can have him. He turns into a head case when he makes a mistake in Buffalo - what is he going to do the first time he turns over a puck in the Wachovia Center, it turns into a goal and the crowd turns on him? He'll need a shrink in between periods to get him straightened back out...

Gee, can we trade them Max, too, for say Carter or Richards? They can slowly rebuild our old team.

Archived