Danny Briere 2 goals last night

bob_sauve28

One of them was a dandy, too! I felt like I was watching two college hockey teams play last night, they were so young and excited. Flyers blew it. The Minnesota/Avs game was real good, too. Still, after all these years, having trouble believing the North Stars are not Minnesota's team :unsure:

Anyone know how well Drury is playing?

I couldn't believe that first goal. How do you let an opportunist like Briere come out of the box uncovered?! I didn't see the second, but it sounded like a tip in.

Either way, I was happy that the Flyers lost. Honestly, I hope Danny disappears, so we can stop talking about what could have been with him. I regret making the thread about his article ("Anyone else want to puke?"), because it wasn't taken completely the wrong way.

Kind of amazing to think that last night was Biron's NHL playoffs debut...

Yeah, initially it does sound amazing that a guy who's been around for so long hasn't yet played in the playoffs.

But when you stop to think about it - I know Biron supposedly was a great talent and everything, but can anyone honestly say he's ever played like anything other than backup material?

I mean, I know he catches fire once in a while, but on a regular basis he seems to play without focus, letting in easy goals all over the place.

It always seemed to me that Marty had trouble when he plays too much, and by too much I mean more than 30-40 games a season, which is pretty weak.

So everything else considered, I'm more suprised he's actually starting a playoff game, and it only speaks to how poor the Cryers goaltending is.

Marty doesn't pick up his play over the next 3-4 games and next year will be his last in a Flyers' uniform...he'll be back to filling the last seat on the bench at HSBC as either Miller or Enroth's backup in '09-10...

Might want to run this by Mrs. Biron <_<

:lol: True.

Course I'm sure she'll be giving him an earful if he has to go from starter money to backup money...that's a loss of about $2.5M per year from his current salary...

The Caps have their feet under them now. No more 'new to the playoffs' skittishness. They TOTALLY dominated the 3rd period. Philly WILL NOT be able to skate with these guys over the long haul. Caps keep coming at you in waves. Remind you of a certain team from a couple years ago? Philly's done in 4. 5 games max.

Good for Briere though. No reason not to like the guy just because he's on another team.

The Caps have their feet under them now. No more 'new to the playoffs' skittishness. They TOTALLY dominated the 3rd period. Philly WILL NOT be able to skate with these guys over the long haul. Caps keep coming at you in waves. Remind you of a certain team from a couple years ago? Philly's done in 4. 5 games max.

Good for Briere though. No reason not to like the guy just because he's on another team.

True. Not liking him because you don't like his game or diving antics is completely acceptable, however.

I don't dislike Danny. I nothing him.

One of them was a dandy, too! I felt like I was watching two college hockey teams play last night, they were so young and excited. Flyers blew it. The Minnesota/Avs game was real good, too. Still, after all these years, having trouble believing the North Stars are not Minnesota's team :unsure:

Anyone know how well Drury is playing?

Who the hell cares...

Maybe we should have a separate message board for reserved for those who are still weepy over danny and chris. When Briere was playing like crap most of the year the whining went away...he scores an open netter and sneaks a bad goal under Huet's legs and now it's Danny this, Danny that again.

Losing Briere was not a big deal.

This thread should be subtitled "Waaaah"

Save your anger for the Sabres organization and not for Danny... all he did was get slighted and ignored as if he

had been some fourth line scrub.

Danny Briere is a defensive liability. -20 and no PK work? That's all the info you need right there. The Sabres did absolutely the right thing in not paying him what the market was bearing for him. And most Flyer fans agree with that.

You can keep whining if it makes you feel better though.

Who the hell cares...

Maybe we should have a separate message board for reserved for those who are still weepy over danny and chris. When Briere was playing like crap most of the year the whining went away...he scores an open netter and sneaks a bad goal under Huet's legs and now it's Danny this, Danny that again.

Losing Briere was not a big deal.

This thread should be subtitled "Waaaah"

The only whinning and crying I see is coming from you

Danny Briere is a defensive liability. -20 and no PK work? That's all the info you need right there. The Sabres did absolutely the right thing in not paying him what the market was bearing for him. And most Flyer fans agree with that.

You can keep whining if it makes you feel better though.

You are fast approaching joke status. Is that TG's pwn scientific poll that most Flyer fans hate him???

EDIT: you keep linking his plus/minus stats and the fact he doesn't play PK. You do realize that some of the great stars in this league don't play PK.

I know you are a really busy pillar of society, but maybe you can take the time some day to analyze just hiw many games Danny was a negative influence and how many he was a positive influence. Give Buffalo Danny instead of Tiny Tim and they are probably in the playoffs.

You are fast approaching joke status. Is that TG's pwn scientific poll that most Flyer fans hate him???

EDIT: you keep linking his plus/minus stats and the fact he doesn't play PK. You do realize that some of the great stars in this league don't play PK.

I know you are a really busy pillar of society, but maybe you can take the time some day to analyze just hiw many games Danny was a negative influence and how many he was a positive influence. Give Buffalo Danny instead of Tiny Tim and they are probably in the playoffs.

The two are related to inability to play even the slightest amount of defense. Which is why he's not worth the money now and he never was. I'll take Roy and Pominiville over B-Rod any day and every day.

Yea that always works...the "I know you are but what am I thing"

Your original post wasn't whiny - it was Goathead's insipid post that inspired the comment. Sorry for the moving target.

Insipid post???

Who's in the playoffs and who is not, ESPECIALLY the difference in points after last year? His plus/minus dwarfs the TEAM accomplishments he has been a major part of this season, obviously.

You need to lay off whatever you're smoking to see what a difference losing him made- you shortchanged him on his leadership ability, you shortchanged him on his experience and what it brought, you shortchanged him on his offensive skills when it counts, and attacking me isn't going to change facts.

The two are related to inability to play even the slightest amount of defense. Which is why he's not worth the money now and he never was. I'll take Roy and Pominiville over B-Rod any day and every day.

I'll take all three if I could. You are smart enough to know the need for different elements to make a champion. We agree he is not worth what he is making, bu he was definitely wort whatever they could have ahd him for two years ago.

And by the way, the point to Nod is that the numbers aren't related.

Insipid post???

Who's in the playoffs and who is not, ESPECIALLY the difference in points after last year? His plus/minus dwarfs the TEAM accomplishments he has been a major part of this season, obviously.

You need to lay off whatever you're smoking to see what a difference losing him made- you shortchanged him on his leadership ability, you shortchanged him on his experience and what it brought, you shortchanged him on his offensive skills when it counts, and attacking me isn't going to change facts.

Thanks for your insipid post #2. You apparently fell in love with a name - a guy who virtually disappeared in the playoffs last season, was ridiculously OVERPAID by Phi, and who has received more boos from flyers fans this year than cheers. Those are facts, goat.

Some other facts for you:

Briere finished -22 and did NOT have a role on the PK. Briere has never been, and never will be, a complete 2-way player.

Roy, by comparison, finished +13 and played a SIGNIFICANT role on the PK. That's a complete player. A complete player who has done more in a shorter amount of time than Briere.

Signing Briere to an inflated contract, Drury to a deservedly high contract, and Roy to his contract, and Vanek, etc., would have been impossible. Choices had to be made. Letting Briere and his inflated value walk was absolutely the right thing to do. I just wish they had understood Drury's intentions better, cuz that one hurt.

Get over Briere, he wasn't that good. You have a much better player in Roy. Try to be happy about it, no matter how much effort it takes you.

There were many reasons why we missed the playoffs this year, and losing Briere ranks near the bottom.

Don't bother with facts and logic, DeLuca. It's completely lost on this guy.

Archived