If you could bring one player back from the past 3 yrs

stenbaro

I'd have to go with Drury. Combined with the guys we have now (including Sekera/Weber instead of Campbell and Kalinin, but with Spacek) and maybe one more defensive defenseman, this team would be very tough. Despite the mental breakdowns at the end of games, I've like what I have been seeing recently and he would have taken care of two of the things we are missing (a second top two line center and veteran leadership).

I agreed with the let Briere go and keep Drury line of thinking. It sucks that they didn't get it done with him as far as a contract, but just as big of a mistake was failing to mitigate that error by bringing in a similar player. We didn't need both those guys, but we needed one player of that type, at least in the short run.

Salary and injuries aside, I'l love to see McKee back here.

Fixed. We all complain about how little Connolly plays for that much money. McKee averaged 59 games in his last three seasons as a Sabre and has 23 and 62 (max of 66) in the seasons since.

Drury and McKee are the obvious choices, one player not much talked about because they never signed him is Dennis Wideman. Wonder if they would have signed him if they knew what was going to happen with Campbell.

I believe Wideman signed with the Bruins the year prior to our dual affiliation, so I can't blame it on that. I guess it was just a scouting F***up on the Sabres part.

Drury - faceoffs, clutch, good goal scorer, leadership. With Drury here, I have a tough time thinking we squander so many multi-goal leads in the third period like we did this year. If I had to choose one, it would be Drury. I think a healthy McKee would have really helped this team, though.

I believe Wideman signed with the Bruins the year prior to our dual affiliation, so I can't blame it on that. I guess it was just a scouting F***up on the Sabres part.

He was actually signed by St Louis after Buffalo decided not to sign him. He was later traded to Boston for Brad Boyes.

Drury - faceoffs, clutch, good goal scorer, leadership. With Drury here, I have a tough time thinking we squander so many multi-goal leads in the third period like we did this year. If I had to choose one, it would be Drury. I think a healthy McKee would have really helped this team, though.

Not surprisingly, another vote for Drury here based on pretty much everything ^^.

Wouldn't mind McKee back either if he could stay healthy. But we already have one guy spending the majority of his season in the trainer's room and press box.

Same here. I loved his game esp. on top of the PK. I also have this crazy idea that if Grier would have

stayed Drury would still be here. I have nothing to back that up.

Interesting I thought that as well. However Drury would still be my first choice for his, FO's, special teams and that guy to put on the ice at key times in games when this years team has crumbled under that weight.

I was most upset when Grier walked. I'd like him back most.

Grier and McKee.

The way I see it now, Grier may get his first Stanley Cup this year. The Sharks appear to be firing on all cylinders.

McKee is now stuck in a lose-lose situation in Sahn Looie. The Blues FO sure doesn't have the Midas touch. Looks more like whatever they touch turns into a dung heap.

Archived