As of tonight - guess who the highest scoring team in the league is?

SDS

Could it be that DR has an idea of what he is doing?

If you could tell me that Larry Darcy and didn't want any of these players back, than I would tell you that they knew what they were doing, the problem is that no matter what numbers you believe, the team did end up trying to pay Briere (5 Million) Drury (7.5) and Campbell (5.8). So maybe just like when they tried to waive Pominville they got lucky.

The skill came in having an abundance of talent. Time will tell if they still have that ability without the same guys running the scouting department.

A better outlook on life? Are you mad? I'm as optimistic as you'll find on this board. I'm so optimistic when it comes to Buffalo sports that it sickens my uncle. Care to try to make yet another idiotic conclusion?

I'll vouch for this. After reading this board for a while you know who the optimistics, pessimists and agnostics are. JujuFish is definitely an optimist.

only 74 more goals to score before the end of the regular season and we'll tie last year <_>

Scoring is signifcantly down league wide, so regardless of personnel moves - fewer goals scored is the trend.

Note: This table on nhlnumbers is great.

Thanks that has pretty good break out of many things. I liked shopping the UFA goalies for our back up for next year.

Saw several interesting prospects. Obviously a bunch have already Identifed Hedberg but there's also some other affordables like Auld, Dubielewicz, Leighton, Holmquist, Abeschier,, and then the over 40 expensive club of Hasek, Joseph....

The back up goaltender thing is a lot more complicated than finding the best goalie for the price. It takes a certain kind of presonality to be able to play with long stretches of off time.

Its not much different than the role Frank Reich played for the Bills. He knew his place and was always prepared.

Remember, when TiBo was signed, most people thought it was an upgrade. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to handle the job.

For the sake of accuracy, they'd need 66 more goals to match last year's tally (298 vs 232).

Goals 2006-2007 equals 308

Goals 2007-2008 equals 234

308 minus 234 equals 74.

another tidbit: This year 66 of those goals came in nine games (7.33-goal average). In the other 65 games, the Sabres averaged 2.58 goals.

308 minus 234 equals 74.

another tidbit: This year 66 of those goals came in nine games (7.33-goal average). In the other 65 games, the Sabres averaged 2.58 goals.

Your board persona has changed light years in a mere few months. Before the crash, you were Pie-Yay's fan club president. Now you've turned into this CBA quoting, stat weilding monster. :D

Your board persona has changed light years in a mere few months. Before the crash, you were Pie-Yay's fan club president. Now you've turned into this CBA quoting, stat weilding monster. :D

Like Captain Peacock - Spndnchz has been rewarded with a key to the executive washroom.

I had a break from classes yesterday (and today) next week it'll be study time so I went stat-crazy.

Just to keep it real:

308 minus 234 equals 74.

Your totals include shootout goals, which technically are not goals.

Could it be that DR has an idea of what he is doing?

As a relative newcomer I understood the frustration over losing Briere and Drury last year, but at the same token, thought DR had a direction especially when he locked up Roy. Look up and down this lineup and we have quite a few capable of puttin out 25+ goals, all the while being relatively young. I think the leadership and grit of Drury has yet to be filled, but we have quite a few guys I think capable of growing into that role. As most of you have pointed out, we have plenty of youth, we just have to be patient and let them progress. A step back from last year perhaps, but with a few more signings of key young guys I think we'll be ok long term.

Archived