GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

As much as I'd like to see Miller try to build off this game, he faced a ton of shots, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Conks get the start. That being said, every time I speculate as to who the Sabres netminder will be, I am wrong... ;)

It should be Conks tonight..

Late game, bucket load of shots and travel. Bring in the 1-0 goalie..

Buffalo is just gonna smoke Toronto tonight. You can just feel it.

Raycroft, if he could fall asleep was having nightmares...

Stafford continues to score HUGE goals for this team. The Roy line is on some kind of roll...

Hopefully, Maurice will overcompensate for the can of whoopass that opened up and the Sabres can jump out early. Loafs are too big and slow in general and the third period showed. I will look for the Loafs to pace their game so they have more legs left. We could also see Tucker and Belak take some cheap shots early as well.

It was stupid that Maurice didnt call a TO, but thats the Loafs. I would like to see Conklin start and Sabres flying out of the gates in the first period!

Mike Ryans numbers stick out at a minus 3 in 15 minutes of ice.

McArthur,Mair and Peters were pretty non existant, sign of the playoff core showing already?

McArthur,Mair and Peters were pretty non existant, sign of the playoff core showing already?

Absolutely. Lindy is as tired of their nonexistance as the rest of us and stuck with the boys he could count on, especially when they needed offense. No need to have Mike "NHL speed, AHL hands" Ryan foiling scoring opportunites.

I fully expect the Leafs to really try and hurt somone tonight. I hope not, but I get the felling Tucker, Kilger, O'Neil and Belak will be headhunting.

Hopefully, Maurice will overcompensate for the can of whoopass that opened up and the Sabres can jump out early. Loafs are too big and slow in general and the third period showed. I will look for the Loafs to pace their game so they have more legs left. We could also see Tucker and Belak take some cheap shots early as well.

It was stupid that Maurice didnt call a TO, but thats the Loafs. I would like to see Conklin start and Sabres flying out of the gates in the first period!

same here.

might make your coffee taste better this morning...

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/20...820827-sun.html

anyone returning tonight??

same here.

Nice piece, I meant the article.

Ian White sucked, one of the worst I have seen this year. I never thought Hal Gill was ever good. :thumbdown:

I thought Zubrus played real well, throwing he weight around for us, blocking, being where he needed, just hasnt found his hands yet. :thumbsup:

Missed the game last night (was out in Chapel Hill watching the Heels) but wow -- saw the highlights this a.m. and couldn't believe it. Well, I could believe it. The comparisons made in last night's game thread to the 1990 Bills' comebacks in back-to-back games vs. Denver and the Raiders were great analogies.

Let's cripple the Leafs tonight, boys.

(and oh by the way, my Tar Heels made a pretty impressive comeback themselves) :)

I think you gotta start Miller here. This is a do or die game for the Leafs I don't think playing your backup is smart here...

Also, I think this is a KO game.

8-3 buffalo.

Besides Miller getting peppered. I would be alittle discouraged/insulted if I was Conklin not to get a start tonight. See how he responds to a high pressure environment. It is not going to get any easier down the road, might as well be now. Leafs are in 11th place!

Last night's game was outstanding, to be outplayed the way we were through the first 45 minutes and to take the last 15 and just finally get our legs and take advantage of our chances... Vanek was impressive, looks like he is maturing at a fast pace and may soon enough be a true leader on this team... Stafford is another one who is looking like the future is going to be great for him.... Hope this team can continue this run all the way through the playoffs but it appears to me no matter what the future still looks bright :beer:

Here's another vote for Conklin. Not so concerned about Miller burnout--there's three days' rest after tonight--but to make Conklin more of a part of the team. And maybe to wake up some skaters who didn't perform during the first 45 mins. last night.

I definitely think you play conks tonight. He's good enough to beat the loafs on the road and as long as the rest of our team shows up it should be a good game.

I'll be waiting for the big dirty hits tonight from Tucker and ONeil. I'm sure we'll see someone go down, I just hope it's not one of our guys.

same here.

anyone returning tonight??

"You blow a 4-1 lead to these guys, it's not fun, but we can play with them," Stajan said. "My line played well and everyone was going well the first 45 minutes."

WOW! Way to pass the buck Stajan. "My line played well...". It's a team game dumbass! :doh: :doh:

WOW! Way to pass the buck Stajan. "My line played well...". It's a team game dumbass! :doh: :doh:

I thought the same thing upon first reading that but was too lazy to do the work, thanks.

This attitude gives a particual insight into their team chemistry.

I definitely think you play conks tonight. He's good enough to beat the loafs on the road and as long as the rest of our team shows up it should be a good game.

I'll be waiting for the big dirty hits tonight from Tucker and ONeil. I'm sure we'll see someone go down, I just hope it's not one of our guys.

I am surprised more hasn't been made of Darcy #%^$#!er running Mller early in last night's game.

HNIC .. Cool..

Anyone notice they updated their clips to show that Stafford goal from two nights ago? Don't see HNIC that often, but it was full of Sabres shots...

I'm surprised.. Miller is in goal...

Archived