GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

I don't care what anyone says, saying that they don't need to win out, or that they should just coast so they don't face more injuries is just more excuses from the fans to make themselves feel better about the teams poor play.

A voice of reason. Thank You! :beer:

I've said this for ages now : When this team believes they dpn't have to work hard for 60 minutes, games like last night happen.

The problem is, they've gotten lucky more times than I can count throughout this season, and unfortunately it seems to make them take an atrocious number of nights off.

When this team skates hard for 60 minutes, nobody can hang with them. When they don't, they're bottom third team at best.

The players need to learn this before the playoffs, but I'm afraid this team is still missing one key ingredient in truly understanding what it takes for them to win - being outworked by a "lesser" team in the playoffs, and bounced early.

If the number of lacklustre efforts and subsequent losses in the regular season hasn't done the trick, maybe an early playoff exit will.

Either way, I think anyone who buys into the idea that they'll magically flip a switch in the playoffs, stopping injuries to key personnel and begin steamrollering everybody, is being dellusional.

I'll be happy if I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Agreed. With less than ten games left, this IS the home stretch. Strong play now carries forward. Weak play now makes it that much harder. You can't just go from garbage passes and giveaways to all of a sudden having things work perfectly.

They need to finish out strong, not for the division, or the EC, or the PT. They need to do it for the SC.

Archived