Thank you SabresReport.com!

PASabreFan

Let's not forget SDS and his moderators who did a terrific job this season. The board got an upgrade and a chat room and was superbly moderated.

Special thanks to the unsung hero of this place: GoSabresinDallas, a mysterious entity who doesn't post much -- probably because he is toiling on the news links on the home page of this site. At all hours of the day and night, he is making sure that the news links are updated. He gives all of us an invaluable resource for following the Sabres. I can't even imagine my life as a Sabre fan without his work! Honestly, I always suspected some computer program or script or whatever created those links. It's no computer. It's a guy named Gary. Thanks buddy!

Finally, thanks to my fellow Sabre fans and poster. I hate to single anyone out, but if DaveB isn't our most valuable poster, I don't know who is. Just terrific. All of you. It's like a big extended family, complete with the oddball uncle -- DeLuca. Maybe inkman, I dunno. :)

I'm getting all verklempt.

This board is the best!

Yeah, this board has been great since I signed up, having a lot of fun talking to other Sabre Fans.

Looking forward to the upcoming season with excitement, not only because the Sabres are gonna be great, but also this board is awesome.

Thanks PA...

To give credit where credit is due:

- Thanks to \GoBillsInDallas/ who has posted some ridiculous 43k links to Sabres and Bills articles over the years... simply amazing.

- Thanks to Corp, Labbatt, and KnightRider for cleaning up the few messes over the season. But, more importantly, thanks for managing the game threads, schedules, etc... and keeping the place humming.

- Thanks to PASabresFan and PTS for keeping us informed about the Sabres past and present....

- Thanks to Dave B. and all the others for some of the most insightful (not inciteful :) ) hockey talk on net.

- Thanks to elcrusho for providing enough energy and enthusiasm for 1000 posters.

and a tip of the cap for all the others who joined this past year. We hope you stick around - this is a really nice group of posters and we'll do our best to extend each and every one of your contracts this season!

Thanks to all of you! Group hug!!! :blush: :lol:

Without a doubt, this board has really been a blast. I really need a break during my 12 hour work days, and this provides a refreshing bit of enthusiamsm and insight that I would not get elsewhere.

I think everyone who posts here contributes something in their own unique way. Too many to name individually but you know who you are . I look forward to this off-season where once again we will critique every move or non-move.

This season was more than any of us anticipated and our forum was there each and every step. Win after win, goal after goal and a few crushing defeats thrown in there.

I hope this place will always be here and we can look back after our Stanley Cup victory remebering all the fun it was. It was great guys and girls (for the few of you out there).

Now I need to find my way back to the KFC thread. ;)

SDS... FYI, I just got a sweet offer to join the Flyers board. $150k a year! My people will be in touch with your people. I hope to remain a poster here, but I have to do what is best for my family.

And I would applaud SDS' avatar if my hands were otherwise occupied. You know, typing...

SDS... FYI, I just got a sweet offer to join the Flyers board. $150k a year! My people will be in touch with your people. I hope to remain a poster here, but I have to do what is best for my family.

And I would applaud SDS' avatar if my hands were otherwise occupied. You know, typing...

Wow. Who is your agent? I got an offer from Columbus for half of that, plus

some half-baked licensing agreement.

It is nice to have leverage.

SDS... FYI, I just got a sweet offer to join the Flyers board. $150k a year!

Thats still not enough for me to be willing to jump ship over to their, If we were talking Chara to the Rangers money (suposedly 8 million a year, I guess the rangers really didn't learn anything from previously overpaying for guys) I could suck it up, for the family

Around January, as I really started to believe there was something special going on with this team, I was starved for more Sabres coverage than I was getting from local/national media. An updated "Power Rankings" and a 20minute postgame show just wasn't enough. I was lucky enough to stumble across sabresreport and man...what a great 6 months!

I had never before joined a message board, of any type, and always thought they were pretty pointless to be honest. However, the insight and discussions here were enough to make me no longer feel ashamed to say that I post on a message board. After hoping around and looking at a few other boards (Sabres, other NHL teams and a few Bills boards) I have to say that most of the message boards out there are pretty lame. I love the fact that while people aren't afraid to get goofy here, for the most part, threads are intelligent, and that the board isn't bogged down with crass comments and giant signature graphics.

What a great place.

I'm heading up to Maine for the summer to work at a camp, but I'll be sure to keep checking in now and then. What an exciting offseason it'll be for the Sabres!

Again, thanks moderators and fellow posters!

- Thanks to \GoBillsInDallas/ who has posted some ridiculous 43k links to Sabres and Bills articles over the years... simply amazing.

You've got to be kidding me. There isn't a script posting the links automatically?

After many years of using this site and TBD as my depot for Buffalo sports news, I am simply stunned. GBiD, my hat is off to you. Thank you.

This place has been a lot of fun. I got to "know" some TBD'ers who I probably wouldn't have here, and many folks who only post here.

Or a very boring one, bt from what the Sabres have taught me during the last off season, a boring one might be better then an exciting one. So whens the next game? I'm ready to watch them play again

Boring is great with me. Ho-hum. Just re-sign the entire team. Nothing flashy. :D

You're welcome, and thanks to all. Whether you're a moderator, an admin, a newbie, an old guard poster, or a TBD regular/sabresreport convert, you all did a wonderful job this season. I had to edit a bunch of posts for swearing and personal attacks, we blocked one guy, but by about christmas time, there was little to do on the moderation side of things. We are indeed a tight internet family after only one season. I've had the pleasure to meet promotherobot, navybillsfan, and DCSabres over the past couple of weeks, and the good will passes beyond the keyboard and an IP address. We truly are good people. Now, its honestly time to reset, commense the OT posting and personal LAMPS till october. GO SABRES!!

Let's not forget SDS and his moderators who did a terrific job this season. The board got an upgrade and a chat room and was superbly moderated.

Special thanks to the unsung hero of this place: GoSabresinDallas, a mysterious entity who doesn't post much -- probably because he is toiling on the news links on the home page of this site. At all hours of the day and night, he is making sure that the news links are updated. He gives all of us an invaluable resource for following the Sabres. I can't even imagine my life as a Sabre fan without his work! Honestly, I always suspected some computer program or script or whatever created those links. It's no computer. It's a guy named Gary. Thanks buddy!

I'm getting all verklempt.

This board is the best!

SDS and crew, thank you for putting this place together and keeping it up.

Having the opportunity to "talk" Sabres all season long really made a terrific season even better.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Thanks to All My Love Slaves out there

Thuderlips is here - In the flesh BabY!

The above just made my personal list of top 5 posts of the year.

In all seriousness -- SDS, Corp., GBID, all other moderators/supporters, and all of my fellow posters -- thanks for making this board so knowledgeable, stimulating, informative and downright entertaining. It was a great year. Have a great summer.

The above just made my personal list of top 5 posts of the year.

In all seriousness -- SDS, Corp., GBID, all other moderators/supporters, and all of my fellow posters -- thanks for making this board so knowledgeable, stimulating, informative and downright entertaining. It was a great year. Have a great summer.

:lol:

nice

The Ultimate Male vs. the Ultimate Meatball!

yeah, great job everyone. i loved waking up and checking the board asap. definitely the best fans in the league. This is my first post since the loss. I cried...a little but nothing like 2001 when kaspar scored. This season was so great that there was little to keep me sad. I'm feeling better today, although my cheeks are still swollen from surgery and my heart still a little acky. What can you do, it was beyond an amazing season. The injuries will haunt me for sure, but there are only about 2 1/2 months til training camp, and that's nothing.

Time to pull out my oilers jersey from the closet! (Yah, i really do have one) :ph34r:

Thanks everyone for the hilarious, heartfelt, energetic, intelligent posts.

I'll be around.

I'll be honest, I only joined this board because an old internet buddy (10 yrs maybe) PASabrefan was here... but I've really grown to enjoy the posters on this site and check in frequently during the day to get out of the misery of working.

First and foremost, I want to thank the Sweet Baby Jes... oh wait, thats my Oscar winning speech... lemme see wheres the sabresreport.com thing... oh here it is.. AHEM.

PASabrefan is my personal encyclopedia on all things Sabres. He claims that its Budd Baileys book that he looks crap up in...but don't let him fool you. The guy knows all those "This Day in Sabres Historys" off the top of his bald yet beautiful head. ;) If it wasn't for PTS stealing him away from me in the late 90's with his Ultimate Buffalo Sabres Website, then, who knows where the Fushetti/PASabrefan entity wouldve gone. well, probably the same place it is now. Albany and Bradford. No, i'm not jealous. ;) OK, that was insanely gay.

El Crusho, youre my idol. I met ya twice during the playoff run and you are an inspiration to the little face painter inside all of us. I actually considered painting my face, in honor of you, when I went to Raleigh for Game 1 of the ECF's. But, I thought of that Seinfeld episode where Puddy did the same thing for the Devils and thought "Who paints their faces?" Only guys from South Buffalo can do such a thing. ;) We snotty folk from Lackawanna wouldn't think of it. hehe.

To all the people who attended games in Raleigh... what a scene. As a Red Sox fan, I see alot of that when I go to opposing cities for games. I was overjoyed that my favorite team, the Sabres, travels that well.

Props to the mods, admins, whoevers, that make this site possible.

Lets hope that Tom, Larry, Darcy, and Lindy see fit to ugh... I have no better way to say this "stay determined to get the tools to finish the job" ok, curse me to hell all of you.

As I said to PA in an email yesterday... "i'll leave you with two words for the summer: GO OILERS"

Archived