2024 Conference Finals

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I don't think so, and I hate the Rags, lol. First contact was Kuli's shoulder to the head. 

He’s pretty clearly head hunting there, hitting high and exploding upward. And what exactly is the blindside rule anyway?

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Ugh, hate the Rangers and their Fat new york slob fans. 

I’m sensing a mild dislike for all things Rangers. Is that accurate?

32 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

well that stunk

I’m all FLA here. But let’s make this a series. More hockey is good. 

7 hours ago, stinky finger said:

I’m sensing a mild dislike for all things Rangers. Is that accurate?

I’m all FLA here. But let’s make this a series. More hockey is good. 

It's not the team that I dislike. Just the whole NYC attitude in general. So their fans make me not want to root for them. Other than a few days a year, I can't stand the city. 

I mean, let's be honest, hockey really isn't a thing in the south like it is up here,feels weird to root for the Panthers. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ... said:

Rangers fans are nearly as annoying as Toronto fans.

Take the TO attitude and put it in a New Yorker. That is a Ranger Fan.

To me, they are worse.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ... said:

I'm not liking this trend of using a homer broadcast team for these games.

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

Man, Florida looks good.

I'm not a big fan of this guy, but he's infinitely better than the guy they had doing the last Rangers/Panthers game. That guy was a drip.

Well, Wischusen absolutely grew up a Rangers fan.

For my money, he’s the best hockey pbp caller at ESPN. He clearly knows and loves the sport. Shades of Gary Thorne at times.

And he gets around. Radio voice for the NY Jets. Lots of ESPN college football. The guy does it all - and with class and a voice that can match big game moments.

• Like (+1) 1

@Wyldnwoody44 There's yahoo fans everywhere. They each kind of bring their own "baggage". Some certainly more obnoxious than others. I don't really interact with any died-in-the-wool Ranger fans so I can't comment. Living in Mass, I get a full on dose of the Beantown experience. Don't get me started.

And yes, nothing screams NHL quite like some good 'ol southern hockey.

Edited by stinky finger

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

For my money, he’s the best hockey pbp caller at ESPN. He clearly knows and loves the sport. Shades of Gary Thorne at times.

And he gets around. Radio voice for the NY Jets. Lots of ESPN college football. The guy does it all - and with class and a voice that can match big game moments.

He is really good. It’s just the quality of his voice when gets really excited. A little too much like Gonzo, for me.

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

He did a great 20/20 on the WFAN back in day also.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

He is really good. It’s just the quality of his voice when gets really excited. A little too much like Gonzo, for me.

THAT'S the vibe I get! I couldn't figure it out.

6 hours ago, stinky finger said:

^^^^^^^

Regarding this Panthers team, I really like their style, players and coach. I would love a team like this in WNY.

Sabres actually supply Panthers with players on the regular. Sabres are a Panthers farm team.

Edited by Demoted

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Which is why stats are always open to discussion and interpretation.

Verhaeghe has been an underrated star for the Panthers and Draisaitl is a playoff beast but Marner? Marner is the disappointment guy almost all Leaf fans blame and want gone. So go figure. 

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

There is a rolling, almost gargling quality in his voice when he makes a big call. It’s a form of dynamics. It’s a matter of taste, I guess, as to whether one likes it. I enjoy it. His overall call of a game is so clean as well.

Edited by That Aud Smell

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Are we trying to make the case for Mitts?

I like Mitts and am happy he got onto a playoff team, but that last series against Dallas exposed him for having zero where-it-matters playoff grit. His line's shifts were short in the first round and even shorter in the second round. 

It will be interesting to see if he gets signed there in Colorado. Maybe the devil is in the details and they liked what he brought.