2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

46 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I can't believe they questioned goaltender interference on that!  😄  You don't have interference from your own player.  And while one might call a penalty for crosscheck or interference, the penalty wasn't actually called and *that's* not reviewable.

Bad look on that one for the refs and the rule book.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It's not in my DNA to feel bad for the Broons.

All of us geezers who went to different schools together back in the day have that same DNA. My 2nd most hated team now, but they were my most hated team for a long time; from the moment Schoeny and Cashman crashed thru the boards. 

• Like (+1) 3

The Bennett goal was very questionable.  

I wish we had guy like Bennett.  Big tough player.  Florida has Ekblad, Reinhart and Bennett, taken 1, 2, and 4 in the same draft class. 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

All of us geezers who went to different schools together back in the day have that same DNA. My 2nd most hated team now, but they were my most hated team for a long time; from the moment Schoeny and Cashman crashed thru the boards. 

Leaves are, and always have been, public enemy #1.  

Boston came next.  Espo was an arrogant prick.  Said negative things about the city, but he always made it to Sinatra’s for dinner and drinks, win or lose.  Philly quickly displaced Boston on my hate scale due to the Cup, Bobby Clarke and the rest of the goon squad. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bruins were screwed by the refs but that's hockey. Florida is a dirty team but they are a smart dirty team. Maurice coaches them that way (think back, Winnipeg was dirty under him too), If you guys saw the Canadian broadcast they showed Bennet sucker punching Nies last year exactly the same way he took out Marchand. It's dirty as hell and if it was the Sabres you'd all be in uproar but because it's Marchand it's fine. Two years in a row you'd think the league with all their concussion nonsense would suspend for sucker punches to the head but no, Bennet can do what he wants. Okay, whatever. 

If the Bruins had more scoring talent and made it 3-0 early this might have gone differently anyway but they don't. Florida is the more talented team and would win regardless over 7. Now, with the refs help it'll be 5. 

Unless the Bruins perform free agency miracles, next season is the moment Sabres can take their place (and then get beaten up by Bennet lol)

16 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The Bennett goal was very questionable.  

I wish we had guy like Bennett.  Big tough player.  Florida has Ekblad, Reinhart and Bennett, taken 1, 2, and 4 in the same draft class. 

Always wanted Bennett and really wanted him when Florida got him from CGY. Solid bottom 6 guy who always showed up in the playoffs

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Bruins were screwed by the refs but that's hockey. Florida is a dirty team but they are a smart dirty team. Maurice coaches them that way (think back, Winnipeg was dirty under him too), If you guys saw the Canadian broadcast they showed Bennet sucker punching Nies last year exactly the same way he took out Marchand. It's dirty as hell and if it was the Sabres you'd all be in uproar but because it's Marchand it's fine. Two years in a row you'd think the league with all their concussion nonsense would suspend for sucker punches to the head but no, Bennet can do what he wants. Okay, whatever. 

If the Bruins had more scoring talent and made it 3-0 early this might have gone differently anyway but they don't. Florida is the more talented team and would win regardless over 7. Now, with the refs help it'll be 5. 

Unless the Bruins perform free agency miracles, next season is the moment Sabres can take their place (and then get beaten up by Bennet lol)

Because it’s Marchand, it’s way more than fine; it’s karma establishing harmony in the universe. After his years of dirty play, Marchand deserves several more punches to the head. F that rat bastard puke.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Florida looking great. 

They kept their composure while not falling into the trap of stupid penalties. They're more talented and much deeper than Boston. If not for Swayman, this wouldv'e been another blowout. 

42-18 SOG favoring the Panthers. Story of the series.

30 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Boston......ALWAYS!

25 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

How were the Bruins screwed by the refs? I completely disagreed with your take on that goalie interference call last game, btw. The refs didn't call lots of stuff on both teams. This series is the definition of "letting them play."

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Somehow I can't seem to muster up any empathy for the Bruins or Marchand. No bigger prick in the game. 

• Like (+1) 2