2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

gotta reach a bit for Jokiharju, but you guys are good. You’ll come up with something.

Pysyk, Risto, Gorges, Weber, Bogo, Fedun, Borgen, Scandella, Beaulieu, Miller

Probably Pysyk, maybe Scandella.

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You miss the point though. He was never supposed to be a "high output scorer". He's a role player. A competent bottom six player, and what are we all saying this year (and last), "we need to improve the bottom 6" so why? Because we haven't built a roster over the years with our own mix of decent bottom six players. 

The most fun part of the ERod output is that he and Sheary were traded together for Kahun. Do you want Rodrigues and Sheary together on your 3rd line? No, probably not. But losing both of them for what amounted to be nothing (6 games of Kahun) continued the ongoing cycle of poor bottom sixes.

(Note: The next season, the Sabres effectively replaced Sheary with Rieder and replaced Rodrigues with Eakin...or the checked-out Staal, depending on the lineup.)

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, OverPowerYou said:

I don’t like listening to Kenny Albert do hockey games. It reminds me watching a random NFC game on fox. I don’t like it 

Ha. At least he calls the play more than that other guy Mr. "zijanabad scores!"  paired with Ferraro. So much useless trivia during play, mute.

13 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The Avs/Stars series to me feels boring, no retribution for the Benn hit, seems to be some sloppy passing and just not cutting it for 2nd round entertainment purposes. 

Stars play D first shutdown hockey, which is why they were such a good road team all year. It's not pretty, but it wins. 

I can't believe they questioned goaltender interference on that!  😄  You don't have interference from your own player.  And while one might call a penalty for crosscheck or interference, the penalty wasn't actually called and *that's* not reviewable.

• Like (+1) 1