GDT: 4/07/24 Buffalo Sabres @ Detroit Red Wings 1 PM, TV: TNT and Radio

bob_sauve28

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Stick a fork in ‘em.

Byram is terrible lol 

It seems any good player that comes to the Sabres becomes bad. Conversely, any Sabre that leaves become good (or very good) elsewhere. Isn’t that the ultimate indictment of this organization?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

He has fit right in. Big kid that plays that way. 

I vote for not. 

Just took a roughing penalty too. I pray to God he gets a full year in Roch. Buffalo will castrate him within a month. 

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Unless GMKA is trafficking meth, I doubt it. 

He's wouldn't make enough just trafficking it. He must have a lab behind his mansion where he spends all his time producing it. He sure as ***** doesnt spend his time trying to produce a decent hockey team. 

Edited by Claude Balls

Just now, Claude Balls said:

Just took a roughing penalty too. I pray to God he gets a full year in Roch. Buffalo will castrate him within a month. 

With him and Novikov in the org, they finally have some players with size that use it.  But they can’t be expected to lead the way in that regard.  They need players like Tkachuk & Trouba.  Physical players that lead and other teams are leery of.  The team also needs players that can drop the gloves.  I’m not talking about Reeves or any one dimensional goons.  Power forwards that stick up for teammates. Dmen that pounce on you if you look at the goalie sideways.   Almost every good team has players like this.  Buffalo does not. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Stick a fork in ‘em.

Byram is terrible lol 

We traded a current top 6C for a potential top 4D. 

It is a maddening trade for me, not because of BB. But because based on everything this org preaches about committing to and developing our own talent, Mitts is a slam dunk extension and we traded him for “might be better later”. Just like we keep calling the 2C role Cozens even though Mitts has been much better for 1.5 years. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

With him and Novikov in the org, they finally have some players with size that use it.  But they can’t be expected to lead the way in that regard.  They need players like Tkachuk & Trouba.  Physical players that lead and other teams are leery of.  The team also needs players that can drop the gloves.  I’m not talking about Reeves or any one dimensional goons.  Power forwards that stick up for teammates. Dmen that pounce on you if you look at the goalie sideways.   Almost every good team has players like this.  Buffalo does not. 

That's what I love about the Amerks. If an opposing player farts near their goaltender, all five guys move right in and clear the area. Every single time!!!!! Sabres just skate away in their skirts.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Which means they are a lot better once you hit the first intermission, meaning the coaches are great at making adjustments.  It can be argued either way.  To me wins and losses, goals scored vs allowed across the entire game matter, when goals are scored vs allowed mean virtually nothing compared to the totals across the entire game.

They lost a lot of games in the first period.  They fall behind and then they press.  The other team can play a simpler game if they lead by 2 goals after 1 period.  You are a good stat guy.  Look it up.  How many winning teams consistently lose the first period?   

Maybe they got better after the first admission because they woke up. I doubt the coaches did anything, what was the adjustment?  
Stop passing to the guys in Red?   Take more shots?   They didn’t score after the first.  

• Agree 1

The last couple of games have proved that there are a couple of players who should not be in the opening night line-up

1) Jeff Skinner - the stink of 1000 games and no playoffs is much too strong to ignore

2) Henri Jokiharju- minus 2 within the first 5 mins.  Both times with soft D.  (Yes I know that Quinn made terrible passes on both). Then the penalty that led to the 3rd goal 

The bottom 6 needs a lot of work. - only guys on the roster right now that should be considered are Greenway, Krebs (though that's not 100%), Girgensons (4th line winger).  Meaning you could see 4 or 5 new faces to fill out the bottom 2 lines 

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

The last couple of games have proved that there are a couple of players who should not be in the opening night line-up

1) Jeff Skinner - the stink of 1000 games and no playoffs is much too strong to ignore

2) Henri Jokiharju- minus 2 within the first 5 mins.  Both times with soft D.  (Yes I know that Quinn made terrible passes on both). Then the penalty that led to the 3rd goal 

The bottom 6 needs a lot of work. - only guys on the roster right now that should be considered are Greenway, Krebs (though that's not 100%), Girgensons (4th line winger).  Meaning you could see 4 or 5 new faces to fill out the bottom 2 lines 

I will add about Joker and please correct me if I'm wrong.   It was Joker that iced the puck needlessly prior to the face off where he took the penalty.  Time to move on from him

The Sabres average point total per season, the 4 seasons previous to Adams: 74 points

The Sabres average point total per season, the 4 seasons Adams has been in charge: 76 points

- - - 

33 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

It seems any good player that comes to the Sabres becomes bad. Conversely, any Sabre that leaves become good (or very good) elsewhere. Isn’t that the ultimate indictment of this organization?

I dunno Mitts looked pretty good here 

26 minutes ago, Mango said:

We traded a current top 6C for a potential top 4D. 

It is a maddening trade for me, not because of BB. But because based on everything this org preaches about committing to and developing our own talent, Mitts is a slam dunk extension and we traded him for “might be better later”. Just like we keep calling the 2C role Cozens even though Mitts has been much better for 1.5 years. 

Mitts is just better, that’s why I don’t like it 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Agree. It’s not an excuse if there is data behind it.  Young teams lose.  If Adams fields another roster that averages 24-25  next year then they will consistently lose to rosters that average 28 or more.  

I am more sick of the “good veterans won’t come here” narrative.   Great excuse for Adams.  The Bills overcame that.  Step one for Adams, which he still has not done, is to own it and get everyone that works for him to own it. 

They need to change the coach. 

The good veterans won’t come here narrative is true. This organization has been a complete and utter ***** show for 13 years. No player in their right minds will come to Buffalo if they have a choice or waaaay over paid 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Put Skinny with two jags and he won’t pass to anyone. Why would he?

He wouldn’t know how to do it anyway.  Absolutely the worst hockey sense on this team. And that’s saying something!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I dunno Mitts looked pretty good here 

Mitts is just better, that’s why I don’t like it 

Had the exact same thoughts during the game.

• Agree 1