Does Pegula Have Any Pride?

Flashsabre

If my team was bombing towards a 13th straight year without the playoffs and I was 0 for 13 as an owner I would be mad as hell.

I would be demanding answers and demanding changes, big changes.

But we all know what is coming.

Adams back, preaching patience and how the future looks bright and that this is a process, youngest team in the league, how much he believes in the guys and that they are going with the kids again next year.

Granato will be back. Players believe in him.

Im not even sure the assistants will be turfed.

I don’t know how they think anything will change. There will be 5000 in the stands next year.

Will Adams even get mad at the end of season presser? Will he even admit none of this is acceptable? 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I think if I were a billionaire, the only thing that would bother me would be verbal threats or insults against my family. As a rich successful person, what could really ruffle his feathers or make him care about something that much when he has the world at his finger tips? 

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Agree 1

No one can say what he thinks. We CAN objectively say he doesn't care about communicating with the fans. The VP of tix got some quotes for the season ticket holder... sorry, season ticket member... letter. The rest of us? Zippo.

• Like (+1) 3

Look Buffalo fans were sold an acting performance by Terry Pegula the moment he got here. This is the real Terry Pegula. How do you think he became a billionaire? Money matters to this man big time even more so than Ralph Wilson which is hard to believe. I think Terry Pegula is a ruthless businessman and I think behind the scenes Terry Pegula is very different than the bumbling fool he plays to Buffalo sports fans. I saw this man as a phony for a long time. The clue was when he fired a classy former Buffalo Sabres player Pat LaFontaine that was the first tip off Terry Pegula isn’t what he was playing publicly. He went off on the Buffalo News editorial board when he was introducing himself as the Buffalo Sabres owner. So the signs were there he is a ruthless businessman and you either buy a ticket or you don’t. He doesn’t care it has nothing to do with pride it’s always the bottom line money. That is why the Sabres are stuck with Don Granato he coaches cheap. Terry Pegula saw an opportunity to go legitimate from fracking to sports ownership. Lucky us? It is sad if Ralph Wilson could have hung on a little longer to get to the gambling business tied to the NFL. Jeremy Jacobs would have bid if Ralph Wilson just hung on a few more years. Jeremy Jacobs couldn’t bid because of the West Virginia race tracks he owns that have gambling slot machines in them. I think if that happened Jeremy Jacobs as Bills owner instead of Terry Pegula as Bills owner we would never have had Legends and Jerry Jones. That is going to potentially be the downfall of the Bills franchise in Buffalo overpriced PSL’s. I get it there are critics of Delaware North but they are Buffalo owned. Terry Pegula is not Buffalo he is from Scranton, Pennsylvania. Few knew this man 15 years ago in Buffalo. He came out of no where and Buffalo has been paying the price ever since. Higher ticket prices for a horrible hockey product and a soon to be overpriced PSL’s for a NFL football product in my opinion. Go Sabres! Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Look Buffalo fans were sold an acting performance by Terry Pegula the moment he got here. This is the real Terry Pegula. How do you think he became a billionaire? Money matters to this man big time even more so than Ralph Wilson which is hard to believe. I think Terry Pegula is a ruthless businessman and I think behind the scenes Terry Pegula is very different than the bumbling fool he plays to Buffalo sports fans. I saw this man as a phony for a long time. The clue was when he fired a classy former Buffalo Sabres player Pat LaFontaine that was the first tip off Terry Pegula isn’t what he was playing publicly. He went off on the Buffalo News editorial board when he was introducing himself as the Buffalo Sabres owner. So the signs were there he is a ruthless businessman and you either buy a ticket or you don’t. He doesn’t care it has nothing to do with pride it’s always the bottom line money. That is why the Sabres are stuck with Don Granato he coaches cheap. Terry Pegula saw an opportunity to go legitimate from fracking to sports ownership. Lucky us? It is sad if Ralph Wilson could have hung on a little longer to get to the gambling business tied to the NFL. Jeremy Jacobs would have bid if Ralph Wilson just hung on a few more years. Jeremy Jacobs couldn’t bid because of the West Virginia race tracks he owns that have gambling slot machines in them. I think if that happened Jeremy Jacobs as Bills owner instead of Terry Pegula as Bills owner we would never have had Legends and Jerry Jones. That is going to potentially be the downfall of the Bills franchise in Buffalo overpriced PSL’s. I get it there are critics of Delaware North but they are Buffalo owned. Terry Pegula is not Buffalo he is from Scranton, Pennsylvania. Few knew this man 15 years ago in Buffalo. He came out of no where and Buffalo has been paying the price ever since. Higher ticket prices for a horrible hockey product and a soon to be overpriced PSL’s for a NFL football product in my opinion. Go Sabres! Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

There are brick walls with more character than your posts. Not sure I’ve read a single one.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

There are brick walls with more character than your posts. Not sure I’ve read a single one.

And on top of it all - the discount rack at the AI Bot Shop programmers did not have the brains to program the importance of the Enter key being a Bot's best friend.

Pegula has a lot of pride and wants to win as much as we all do. The problem is he doesn’t know how to go about it. He has hired a variety of people in management and coaching that haven’t worked out. Currently he has hired Adams as GM. If you think he is incompetent, I disagree with you. I think Adams has done a better job than Granato and I think a coaching change is in order. 

• dislike 1

10 minutes ago, freester said:

Pegula has a lot of pride and wants to win as much as we all do. The problem is he doesn’t know how to go about it. He has hired a variety of people in management and coaching that haven’t worked out. Currently he has hired Adams as GM. If you think he is incompetent, I disagree with you. I think Adams has done a better job than Granato and I think a coaching change is in order. 

He doesn’t care for the Sabres. All his effort and money goes into the Bills. Adams just gave Granato an extension before the season when he could have waited to see what happened this season. Great decision by Adams right there 🙄

Edited by Sidc3000

11 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

A “Sell the Team Terry” rally at the arena or at the least as very vocal “Sell the team” chant during the final home games.

Embarrass him into action.

or just stop buying tickets

• Agree 3

12 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

I think if I were a billionaire, the only thing that would bother me would be verbal threats or insults against my family. As a rich successful person, what could really ruffle his feathers or make him care about something that much when he has the world at his finger tips? 

Billionaires have egos and care about their legacies. Going down as the worst owner in pro sports, 0 for the playoffs let alone any championships, is not something I would think sits well with him.

12 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

If my team was bombing towards a 13th straight year without the playoffs and I was 0 for 13 as an owner I would be mad as hell.

I would be demanding answers and demanding changes, big changes.

But we all know what is coming.

Adams back, preaching patience and how the future looks bright and that this is a process, youngest team in the league, how much he believes in the guys and that they are going with the kids again next year.

Granato will be back. Players believe in him.

Im not even sure the assistants will be turfed.

I don’t know how they think anything will change. There will be 5000 in the stands next year.

Will Adams even get mad at the end of season presser? Will he even admit none of this is acceptable? 

Does he have pride?   Probably so, but apparently not the kind that most of us here have.

Should he be demanding answers and changes?   No, because he got exactly what he paid for.  He knows the answers.  He hired unknown and unproven people to run this team.  He came up with EEE and the decision to not spend money.  He put the yacht and the family lifestyle ahead of this team.  He is in no position to demand answers.  The answer is him.  He is the reason they are so bad for so long.  With Kim out of the picture, Terry is the only common denominator.   

Terry thinks Adams is his savior.  Adam’s thinks he is going to rebuild mostly by drafting and developing.   At the rate in which Adams brings in outside veteran help, this is looking like a 8 to 10 year plan.  Yes, when you draft 18 year olds you have a 4 to 6 year lag before they get a man’s body to play in a man’s sport.  

Kevin Weekes talked about the youth on this team yesterday.  He said they need an infusion of veteran players to help them.  He said Okposso left for other reasons (career over), but they still need more experienced players.  

Every hockey guy on every TV network says the same things.  No goaltending, no structure, young and inexperienced, need more veteran presence and more physical grit.  Other than UPL emerging, nothing changed in 2023-24.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3