Does Pegula Have Any Pride?

Flashsabre

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

They basically sacrificed their advantage on offense to get almost no better defensively. It is one of the biggest indictment's of Granato, he changed the system to be more defensive which killed the offense all while barely improving the defense at all. Fire them all. 

This is absolutely correct. 

This team has played garbage defense (or no defense) for so long they will need a tough coach and an extended training camp to even get close to where they need to be to win. It might break some of them. If this ever happens there's a possibility some of them won't take it well and what happens then is key to the future success of the franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1

Apparently Pegula’s pride in Rochester has taken a hit. 
https://www.wxxinews.org/local-news/2024-04-02/rochesters-blue-cross-arena-seeking-new-operator-after-amerks-owner-opts-out?fbclid=IwAR3fdrInAepxcWDxUM-SlsR4Muh3JbMy_2YaxSWQM87I-Q_0BTkUS9j0hwU_aem_AcCUAMH8chlyRzLeuEpALTJJGt1A6Bl3DZnlf8S10RUXURmnAvHZLLjStp0pLHtpOVs

This sucks.
My take: you can’t make money running an antiquated, million-year-old arena so here’s the keys to everything but the locker rooms. 

The arena is in desperate need of a dramatic makeover.  And while I’m not a billionaire and think differently than billionaires, this sucks. The Rochester partnership won’t effect his overall wealth. Pegula opting out means he’s counting small zeros when his legacy could have made a dramatic difference to ROC. 

Pegula pride? LOL nah.

But unlike “sell the team,” Rochester may not be able to afford that. Sigh.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

https://www.wxxinews.org/local-news/2024-04-02/rochesters-blue-cross-arena-seeking-new-operator-after-amerks-owner-opts-out?fbclid=IwAR3fdrInAepxcWDxUM-SlsR4Muh3JbMy_2YaxSWQM87I-Q_0BTkUS9j0hwU_aem_AcCUAMH8chlyRzLeuEpALTJJGt1A6Bl3DZnlf8S10RUXURmnAvHZLLjStp0pLHtpOVs

This sucks.
My take: you can’t make money running an antiquated, million-year-old arena so here’s the keys to everything but the locker rooms. 

The arena is in desperate need of a dramatic makeover.  And while I’m not a billionaire and think differently than billionaires, this sucks. The Rochester partnership won’t effect his overall wealth. Pegula opting out means he’s counting small zeros when his legacy could have made a dramatic difference to ROC. 

Pegula pride? LOL nah.

This is really odd. I have argued both that the Sabres will and won’t leave.

Terry’s divestment from Rochester, the Sabres, and his lack of upkeep of the KBC  keep nagging me that he’d like to sell his hockey teams. 

I think the team stays, maybe even under Pegulas ownership, but every-time he pulls back I can’t help but think… 

EDIT: Very strange the article is titled and opens with "Owner of..." I don't understand why it doesn't say "Terry Pegula". Also less than a year ago when they dissolved PSE they said "No no, don't worry Rochester nothing will change. We just won't be PSE anymore". Now this.

Edited by Mango

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This sucks.

Pegula pride? LOL nah.

Strikes me as, I already have 1 old arena to try and update and fix; I don't want two of them while I also deal with a New and Old Bills Stadium.

48 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Strikes me as, I already have 1 old arena to try and update and fix; I don't want two of them while I also deal with a New and Old Bills Stadium.

He just signed a new lease out to 2033.