GDT / Islanders @ Sabres, Thurs 3/14, 7pm MSG, ESPN+ & WGR Radio

Isles playing a heavy game… 36 Hits… but not slowing us down one bit…

Great exit and entry passing… Outshooting them 29-10…

Dominating play.

Another solid period.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Second Line Center said:

I think he’s been good defensively tonight and maybe DG is telling him “look I’m confident in your game you just keep playing like this.”   

He's 30.

Good period, gents. You were clearly the better team. Now, finish them and let them know you'll continue to be the better team.

12 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Some may not like this comparison but the Sabres play tonight reminds me of the Canes at their best … pressuring the puck hard all over the ice.

That is as it should be since getting Karmanos and some of the scouting influence from the Canes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JustOneParade said:

I think I’ve officially become complacent (if that’s the right word) about UPL. Pitching the shutout thru 2 periods and I’m like ‘of course ….’.

confident

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, PickaPecaPickles said:

I feel like I'm watching this:

That became the tagline used by the local HS football highlights show in 2003 when the high school my son went to, which had never done better than 4-6 in their history, squeaked into the playoffs at 6-4 and ran the table to win the state championship.  Every week when they got to covering the school they'd always say, "Who are these guys?"

(My son didn't play football; he played clarinet in the marching band, but I still had to go to all the games.)

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

For the season....

Period 1:  Opponents outscore the Sabres 78-50

Period 2: Sabres outscore opponents 67-60

Period 3: Sabres outscore opponents 76-55

Either it is the fault of coaches they start so slow because they don't have the team ready...or it is credit to the coaches for making adjustments as the game goes on to make them better at the end.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I'm tellin' ya, I'm gravitating heavily towards Okposo bringing a Haitian Witch Doctor Curse from the Islanders with him.

Not to say it was Okposo's fault, but when he was with the Islanders, they weren't a really good team overall for the first part of his career. Also, the Islanders were not the 'play team defense and shut down the opponents' back then they way they are now.  Basically, he NEVER was part of/learned a 2-way game with them, and he certainly didn't learn it with the Sabres.