GDT: Oilers at Sabres 3-9-2024 12:30 start MSG

spndnchz

Have to give Sabres credit again. Clearly overmatched but found a way to stay in it, and had it not been for posts and missed open nets, they’d have thumped the Oilers.

Think the team does like their coach but I believe they need a harder nosed coach. 

Guys who had their career years last year and have tailed off this year will bounce back next. 

Jack Quinn is sorely missed. 

They didn’t roll over to their credit.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Are the playoffs out of reach?

As one of this world's great script writers had put on record......

tumblr_7dfb79360fa28b8c8147c360a20eab66_8007a58c_540.gif

I will stick giant things in my butthole if they make the playoffs 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Are the playoffs out of reach?

As one of this world's great script writers had put on record......

tumblr_7dfb79360fa28b8c8147c360a20eab66_8007a58c_540.gif

Philippa Boyens is a legend 

12 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Is this pay-per-view? 🤣 

No its a steaming network now 

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Serious question: Can shootout goals be challenged? Because if so, and Power had scored, I believe it would have been reviewed. I’ll watch again but it sure looked like he drifted slightly backward when crossing the crease. Also need to see again the direction of the puck movement.

Had that happened he surely (insert Airplane! quote here) would have been the first player in NHL history to have both an OT goal and SO goal overturned in the same game, no?

I thought the same thing... pretty apparent he moved the puck back on his attempt.

27 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:
30 minutes ago, inkman said:

Holy ***** does the NHL barely give a flying ***** about this.  Kane, Kuznetsov, they all do it.  

So is that a yes? Or a no?

Kane and Kuzentsov can get away with it; they'd probably call it against Power.  Because Buffalo.

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

I will stick giant things in my butthole if they make the playoffs 

But you'll do that either way, innit?

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I thought the same thing... pretty apparent he moved the puck back on his attempt.

Both ot and the SO are awful formats of hockey 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

Both ot and the SO are awful formats of hockey 

Institute a chaser on the shootout:  As soon as the shooter touches the puck at center ice, a player from the other team can chase starting from the blue line behind the shooter to try to disrupt the goal.  If a penalty is committed by the chaser, then the shooter can try again without the chaser.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Institute a chaser on the shootout:  As soon as the shooter touches the puck at center ice, a player from the other team can chase starting from the blue line behind the shooter to try to disrupt the goal.  If a penalty is committed by the chaser, then the shooter can try again without the chaser.

1) it’s hockey, not Quidditch

2) that reminds me of the XFL thing where instead of kickoffs they had two guys run for the ball and a guy broke his collarbone or something on the first one lmao

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Hater was too strong a word… but it was the label @Crusader1969 used in his question… Power was thrown into the deep end and is learning…

I’m not a fan because the kid has no physical game despite his size advantage…

Today for example, our team had 40 Hits and our team physicality was largely responsible for slowing down a faster and more explosive Oiler team… D-man Hits:

Dahlin 7
Jokiharju 4  
Byram 4  
Bryson 0  
Power 0

Bryson played 14 mins… Power played 23 mins…

Maybe I missed it, but have yet to see this kid come to the defense of a teammate despite his size… Power is not an intimidating personality and displays no aggression, and you can’t coach it… 

So, I’ll watch his development… 

Dahlin wasn't either his first few years but has really started to embrace that area of his game as he has grown into his body more

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Was Peterka injured or benched?

Peterka was benched as was Skinner. In Granato's post game comments when asked about limiting minutes for certain player, he said he went with those players who gave us the best chance to win. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Peterka was benched as was Skinner. In Granato's post game comments when asked about limiting minutes for certain player, he said he went with those players who gave us the best chance to win. 

Interesting:  The Sabres top two goal scorers:  Benched.