Lucas Rousek recalled

inkman

4 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

He's a decent player. He's got decent hockey sense and some speed. My problem is that too often he seems afraid to shoot.  He is almost always looking to make one pass too many.

He will fit right in

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Been very steady this season unlike his younger more hyped teammates.  I’d love for him to get a look the rest of the season. 

In the limited time I’ve seen him play he seems more like a Zemgus (without the physical size) than a Mitts . 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Fringe NHLer at best will just take the spot if Adams moves Girgs/Kyle or (haha) VO. 

VO’s first game in about a month, right before the trade deadline.  Hmm.

6 hours ago, Pimlach said:

In the limited time I’ve seen him play he seems more like a Zemgus (without the physical size) than a Mitts . 

Exactly. He does have some value in Rochester....so let's bring him up and watch Rochester continue to flounder some more. Buffalo's season is over. So lets try to ***** the Amerks too. Losing breeds losing. Adams needs to be fired into the solar eclipse. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Pimlach said:

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Fringe NHLer at best will just take the spot if Adams moves Girgs/Kyle or (haha) VO. 

I don’t think anyone would think to compare Casey to Lucas.  Hard to find a recent comparison in the Sabres org as every prospect recently has been super offensive (Peterka, Quinn, Olofsson, Mitts, Tage).  Maybe someone like Curtis Brown.  He was certainly a defense first forward (unlike Rousek) but had the overall game similar to Lucas.  

With all the hyped offensive guys on the way, Rousek may be able to carve out a role in the absence of Okposo or Girgensons.  

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, inkman said:

I don’t think anyone would think to compare Casey to Lucas.  Hard to find a recent comparison in the Sabres org as every prospect recently has been super offensive (Peterka, Quinn, Olofsson, Mitts, Tage).  Maybe someone like Curtis Brown.  He was certainly a defense first forward (unlike Rousek) but had the overall game similar to Lucas.  

With all the hyped offensive guys on the way, Rousek may be able to carve out a role in the absence of Okposo or Girgensons.  

Well assuming they do trade one or both of them Rousek gets his audition time so hopefully he makes the most of it but I think we need better and need to address that in free agency. Give him a shot though, maybe he surprises and gets the job. The opportunity is certainly there. 

13 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well assuming they do trade one or both of them Rousek gets his audition time so hopefully he makes the most of it but I think we need better and need to address that in free agency. Give him a shot though, maybe he surprises and gets the job. The opportunity is certainly there. 

Free agency is silly season.  GMs handing out big contracts to players who in no way shape or form deserve the overpayment they receive.  I’d rather trade for someone actually good. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Free agency is silly season.  GMs handing out big contracts to players who in no way shape or form deserve the overpayment they receive.  I’d rather trade for someone actually good. 

I would suggest BOTH options are valid and we won't be after big name free agents but filling out 4th lines and such with slight overpays would be just fine. As an example I will point back to the guy I wanted last year, Hathaway. He sat and waited for quite a while before signing in Philly. He'd have been a great 4th liner and Cozens jaw agrees with me. 

42 minutes ago, inkman said:

We got Matt Irwin?  Really!!??!