GDT / Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Leafs Weds 7pm TNT & WGR Radio

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Skinner and Tuch should have had their butts stapled to the bench in OT neither deserved a second of ice time 

Once I saw them out there and the Leafs got possession I said to my wife “we lost”… she was astonished 10 seconds later I called it. 

Nothing to lose moving on from DG.  We gave everything we had and what we have isn't enough and it's not a talent issue totally.  We're just too use to floating around. 

3 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Is it me or is this TNT crew TO homers?

I like Biz whenever it isn't TO playing. Similar to Mike Milbury whenever Boston was playing.

When TO is playing, though, he is a Garbage fanboi. It's awful.

I have not seen a lazier slow non motivated group of paid individuals ever. The only player worth a damn that showed up nightly is with the Avs and he is the lucky one to get out of this hell of a franchise.  They all deserve what they get from the owner down to the coach ands their stupid moronic decisions they have made.  They chased or gave away any true talent we had and left nothing but garbage.  I would rather my favorite players ask for trades to other teams so I can at least enjoy them.  May the lose out Amma the fans abandon the arena until they are sold to real owners who want to really win. F/U Pegs, KA, and Donnie. Please leave! 

Rant done I feel better.  Time to watch a real hockey team..... Go Avs! 

Edited by WhenWillItEnd66

5 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Is it me or is this TNT crew TO homers?

They tend to be anti-Buffalo to begin with; just like any other national broadcast has been. The Bills, even being a constant playoff team endless catches flak on national TV because its Buffalo so that's nothing new really.

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

They tend to be anti-Buffalo to begin with; just like any other national broadcast has been. The Bills, even being a constant playoff team endless catches flak on national TV because its Buffalo so that's nothing new really.

None of this is true.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Every fan and their mom thinks the national guys are biased because they are conditioned to the playcalling of their local Homer Simpson on the broadcast 

Another Buffalo Sabres loss what on earth is Dylan Cozens doing peeling away from the play when Toronto Maple Leafs Auston Matthews scored in overtime? There are too many Sabres players doing that hence why the Sabres are in the position they are in with the NHL standings. The Sabres in the offseason need major changes to their top six forwards. Starting with Alex Tuch who is the king of doing this stick checking and turning away from the play instead of using his body every night. Too many Sabres players don’t want to pay the price body wise every night to win in the NHL. Alex Tuch and Dylan Cozens can’t get away with floating they aren’t talented enough skill wise to do that if they aren’t using their body they aren’t any use for the Sabres in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Package our first and Skinner at the draft for a late first 

he can not be on this team next season

@ $9mil/year, he's a, "... for a gym bag, full of pucks" or worse 

That's stupid money for a net-negative player 

Edited by clink

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

None of this is true.

Then you don't live here and have to see it everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Every fan and their mom thinks the national guys are biased because they are conditioned to the playcalling of their local Homer Simpson on the broadcast 

That is mostly the case however the number of times we've had the national games get called by the other team's crew is rather annoying. More so during the NBC days when we'd play Philly it particular. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't get the Cozens coasting line.... in OT you want to actively conserve energy on defense unless there's an opportunity. If you go crazy with your skating all you'll do is put yourself in a far worse situation of a 3v2.

Skinner's issue is he takes that approach 95% of the time regardless of circumstances. 

• Agree 1

Well it was definitely not the game I expected to see. What a listless affair. Leafs I get, they are saving it up for the Bruins tomorrow, but the Sabres should have been loose and free and going for it. Tells me what I already knew. This team has no heart. Pile of garbage. 

Skinner will reach 1000 NHL games next year and will never have been in the playoffs, not even once. Now that is a f'n accomplishment. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Cozens?? What the actual *****?   That makes no sense 

They need a whole new identity and type of player. They are going to have to trade some decent players to make that happen.

we are in March again, 10 points out of the last playoff spot, and unless the goal is eighth place next year, this entire team needs to get blown up. I believe there is another thread on that one.

• Like (+1) 1