GDT / Anaheim Ducks @ Buffalo Sabres Monday Feb 19th 12:30pm ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

Dahlin tossed his stick in the air on the last penalty call… Still a post adolescent… Years away from Captain caliber… 

We only have a few grown men on the team… None of them showed up today … The rest are post adolescents and young men… Adams needs to fix this in the off season… Bring in a few hard-nosed warriors who know how to win.

Been saying that for a couple months.

The franchise has been broken for nearly 2 decades. 

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Horrible Buffalo Sabres loss to a Western Conference Anaheim Ducks in the afternoon on the Eastern time zone. The Sabres need major changes to their roster makeup in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

It's not like the Ducks flew in last night. They've been touring the northeast and have been in the Eastern time zone for the last week. The only folks the early start for out west are the fans.

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

Yeah 2-3 goals weren’t on him. 

I think he’s dealing with a LBI issue, and if he isn’t getting regular shots he’s likely getting a little cold in the net making the injury more noticeable.

Just my $0.02

Agreed. The one bad goal was his own turnover creating pass. Two were on bad turnovers in our own end. A 3rd was  a failed slide/block attempt by Johnson. Which was ill advised to go to the ice and poorly timed. And that was combined with no back checking. Team seems to stand around watching the puck instead of picking up a man. Then it’s like, “Oh, wait, where did he come from?”

That’s a failure in coaching, imo. 

Hard to tell if it would have been over turned, but that glove save on the Thompson shot looked like a goal on the third replay. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Unbelievable. and yet at the same time, of course, it's the Sabres. 

Ducks are bad. Like really really bad, and yet they found a way to lose to them. I just shake my head in dismay.

Johnson and Johnson were horrific. So many errors, missed plays and giveaways. They were a disaster. Nobody is going to want EJ at the deadline if they watched that. Maybe that's what he wants. Just horrible. 

On the Thompson almost goal or Gibson big save (depending on how you want to look at it) this play exemplifies one of the many things wrong with this team. Nice play, close to a goal, but there's Thompson watching and admiring his shot and pointing at it like he expects it to be in when he should be hacking and whacking at it to make sure it goes in. That puck was still loose and there was no D there. If that's a Marchand or a Tkachuk, or a plethora of others they are on that puck and hacking for it and making sure it goes in. They might get a goalie interference review and they'd get some pushing and shoving after maybe but it'd be in and in almost every instance it would count. But not Tage, oh no, skate by and point. Complain and whine maybe. What a stupid team.

Benson goal. That's how you do it. The plan is an active D so give it to the D, shoot the puck, get in front and tip it. Goal. Lots of goals get scored that way. Simple basic hockey 101 but so few of them do it. Usually we pass to the outside and shoot from there to end the rush.

Our best players were Peterka, Benson and Greenway. Why is it the best players on this team are most often the ones who have been here for the shortest time? (that's rhetorical, we already know the answer).

Lastly, Granato cannot manage a hockey game on ice as it goes. Some of the line match ups he chose were absurd and cost us goals against. That should never happen on home ice. He is a horrible coach in terms of game management. 

Once again, I f'n hate this team. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

The move DG should be making is Olofsson in for Skinner 

think 71 will put in more of an effort. 

I'm still disgusted over that puck race vs Gudas.  

The move he should be making involves handing KA his resignation…

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

What were they chanting?

I'm sure it's been said already but for about the last 10 minutes of the game it was "let's go Buffalo" mostly from the kids but it was loud and prominent the entire time from the entire arena.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

I’m in a cab near 42nd street and when he got in the cab driver asked where we were from and first thing he said was “ah, you guys have a great hockey team.” I smiled and said thanks meekly 

Clearly, the man is clueless. I’m envious.

• Haha (+1) 2

Ducks were allowed to skate free today… No physicality by our team… Checking was spotty and almost never finished a check to send a message… “You’re gonna have to earn it!”… Seems our bunch prefer glancing blows and banging into the boards for the sound effect… 

Like going to the net, you’d expect playing physical and finishing checks would be habits after half the season… Granato says it’s a process they are still learning… I say bunk… It’s not that complicated… It’s a choice..  

What he should be saying is “If you don’t play the right way, you sit.”

There are several skaters who should be rotating into the press box for a few games… 

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.