Sabres’ Refusal to “Salute” Fans Confirmed

That Aud Smell

43 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I know.  No blow up needed.   Add a few vets with tread on their tires to help us now.  Get a coach. That’s it!  

Okposo has to go… The Sabres need a new Captain.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Thorny said:

This I agree with mostly.

They need several significant changes/additions/upgrades: but at least we are in the spot where THAT is what we need. The GM needs to actually do it, but at least it’s reasonably possible from our standing.

To start a reset would be a huge mistake. Even if we brought in a new GM, which id be fine with, he’d have to be a quick turnaround guy to a certainty. These guys are aplenty: and they aren’t all Tim Murray. Most vet GMs operate in the real NHL ie they don’t believe in the absurdity of 5 year, job security prioritized plans. A guy could come in and say, thanks for the prospect pool, and make the necessary tweaks KA apparently refuses to. Or KA could just do it 

If KA could do it, he would have done it by now. My patience with management is done. Management and coaching is the biggest overhaul the club needs. There is talent to put on the ice. Needs the right coaching and a tougher management group.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Once tickets start going for under $25 a game I’m going to go and boo every poor effort.  

Not because it’s my right and not because they aren’t making the playoffs for a 13th year. I’m going to go and boo poor efforts because for some reason this NHL team doesn’t have a coach willing to tell these players their effort isn’t good enough and you should be mad, you should be embarrassed, and if you don’t like it to get your ass back out there and do something about it.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Once tickets start going for under $25 a game I’m going to go and boo every poor effort.  

Not because it’s my right and not because they aren’t making the playoffs for a 13th year. I’m going to go and boo poor efforts because for some reason this NHL team doesn’t have a coach willing to tell these players their effort isn’t good enough and you should be mad, you should be embarrassed, and if you don’t like it to get your ass back out there and do something about it.  

Granato is probably saying it… but in his own meek, cerebral, hard to internalize way… 

Poor judgment on my part… Called Granato a gym coach… Correcting it before anyone rightly calls that label mean-spirited… Granato is a developmental coach… Still needs to be replaced.

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Believer said:

Granato is probably saying it… but in his own meek, cerebral, hard to internalize way… 

Poor judgment on my part… Called Granato a gym coach… Correcting it before anyone rightly calls that label mean-spirited… Granato is a developmental coach… Still needs to be replaced.

Always think of Granato as an assistant coach... good for a very young team but this team has enough young vets that it is time for a swift kick in the arse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/19/2024 at 7:43 AM, North Buffalo said:

I get Okie is a positive guy and that is great but sometimes you need a good threat, wake up call, some yelling,  DG I like but someone needs to bag skate these guys... have them practice running into the boards, put some blocking dummies on the ice and do grass drills.... friggin wimpy Sabres... get TT in the weight room... grr gonna die before this group ever win anything...

KO -Likeable vs winning.  Maybe his two-faced comments is destroying the culture and not allowing the team to move forward.  Nice captain pic.  

Lets not salute the fans - great locker room...

On top of that - coach allows it and GM does nothing. 

Need to empty the barn.  Clean out the leftovers from the last 13 years of losing.  Get rid of the stench.  Anyone affiliated is out.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

Need to empty the barn.  Clean out the leftovers from the last 13 years of losing.  Get rid of the stench.  Anyone affiliated is out.

Agree… but that would have to be a Pegula order… and is unlikely…

Odds are Pegula will keep KA… who will keep DG… and keep our roster of under performers and unproven prospects… as he listens to KA whisper… “Stick with the plan.”…

Pegula will keep discounting tickets until he can’t even draw double digit attendance anymore…

And the fans who attend will still boo when the team fails to make an honest effort to entertain them…

Pegula will decide what kind of team the Sabres will be next season.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

Agree… but that would have to be a Pegula order… and is unlikely…

Odds are Pegula will keep KA… who will keep DG… and keep our roster of under performers and unproven prospects… as he listens to KA whisper… “Stick with the plan.”…

Pegula will keep discounting tickets until he can’t even draw double digit attendance anymore…

And the fans who attend will still boo when the team fails to make an honest effort to entertain them…

Pegula will decide what kind of team the Sabres will be next season.

Will he be a man of action or take easy street.

From Reddit, some comments from Granato from this morning’s radio interview. “We’re on our way to making the fans proud”😳🤬

-Granato talks about his experience as a scout, and always having scouted the Sabres, and wanting to take his experience to make the fans proud; he believes we're on our way to making fans proud. Jeremy points out the Harrington article about the boos, and "Fire Donny", and lack of saluting. Granato's response is that the boos hurt. They hurt because the players care. The Sabres pride themselves over playing in Buffalo and to be booed has hit them hard for that reason. No one wants to let the city down, but now it's affected them despite their best efforts to play through the boos. Things like this can't affect your play, but these guys care.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

Will he be a man of action or take easy street.

Hard to say… 

Pegula runs a billion dollar energy enterprise… and has replaced more than a few GMs and Coaches… so we know he can act decisively…

Seems he’s still under the spell of Adam’s considerable charms… and not thinking like a decisive hockey owner…

The fans and the Buffalo and Hockey Media are sending him signals he needs to act… 

In the meantime the monetary value of his franchise keeps growing… despite the team’s 13 year 900+ game playoff nonappearance…

27 minutes ago, Believer said:

Hard to say… 

Pegula runs a billion dollar energy enterprise… and has replaced more than a few GMs and Coaches… so we know he can act decisively…

Seems he’s still under the spell of Adam’s considerable charms… and not thinking like a decisive hockey owner…

The fans and the Buffalo and Hockey Media are sending him signals he needs to act… 

In the meantime the monetary value of his franchise keeps growing… despite the team’s 13 year 900+ game playoff nonappearance…

I could be wrong but I don’t think Terry runs ***** in the energy world. He got very fortunate that someone else came up with fracking and that the land he bought ended up with natural gas on it. Then he sold the land and the rights. He’s no mogul or tycoon. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I could be wrong but I don’t think Terry runs ***** in the energy world. He got very fortunate that someone else came up with fracking and that the land he bought ended up with natural gas on it. Then he sold the land and the rights. He’s no mogul or tycoon. 

Broken clock is right twice a day

10 hours ago, Believer said:

Okposo has to go… The Sabres need a new Captain.

I can get behind moving Okposo and Z.  Especially Okposo’s comments about not saluting.  He blew a leadership opportunity right then and there.  

I specifically said add vets with tread on their tires.  Young vets.  

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, #freejame said:

You are right, @freejame… Pegula, a petroleum engineer by training, sold all of his Pennsylvania fraking assets… and only holds two small energy operations out West…

Learned something, thanks.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

From Reddit, some comments from Granato from this morning’s radio interview. “We’re on our way to making the fans proud”😳🤬

-Granato talks about his experience as a scout, and always having scouted the Sabres, and wanting to take his experience to make the fans proud; he believes we're on our way to making fans proud. Jeremy points out the Harrington article about the boos, and "Fire Donny", and lack of saluting. Granato's response is that the boos hurt. They hurt because the players care. The Sabres pride themselves over playing in Buffalo and to be booed has hit them hard for that reason. No one wants to let the city down, but now it's affected them despite their best efforts to play through the boos. Things like this can't affect your play, but these guys care.

Did he say anything about the players not stick saluting?

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

The leaders missed a golden opportunity to lead and teach.  That includes the coach and the GM.  

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.