Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Of course Bills Mafia are going to justify the deal.  If Diggs blows up next season, I’ll eat my crow.  His last 10 games here were fugly.  

Agree.

That dropped pass in the 4th Qtr in the KC playoff game this year was it for me. He may explode in a fresh young system, i could care less, because he wasn't exploding here. Eat the dead cap, move on to improve.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Nothing wrong with that.

Trading a guy who in his mid 20's is coming into his own, leading your team in points, that seems to be liked well by management and his teammates.  VS  Trading a 30+ year old WR that didn't much much of a difference at all the last 10 games he played, who appears to be getting to the point in his career his skill is sliding and was/is due big contract dollars the next 3-4 years.

Now compare the returns. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

That dropped pass in the 4th Qtr in the KC playoff game this year was it for me. 

Ooof. That was a killer.

From our seats, we had a sweet view of that play too -- watching it from the 300s a bit behind the LOS, Allen just arcing it up there, ball flying into the night sky, falling just beyond the defender, everyone groaning when the ball hit the turf, seeing the replay and confirming that it went right through the chute. Just ouch.

• Like (+1) 1

Beane will be like a kid in the candy store next offseason. Diggs completely off the books ($27M as @Night Train notes), another $8M when Miller's contract is dumped, and a slew of draft capital. Will be fun to see.

As for this year, he'll add at least one more WR. And above all else we still have Josh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Beane will be like a kid in the candy store next offseason. Diggs completely off the books ($27M as @Night Train notes), another $8M when Miller's contract is dumped, and a slew of draft capital. Will be fun to see.

As for this year, he'll add at least one more WR. And above all else we still have Josh.

You just know Beane, McD and Josh sat down and talked. The results of the past 4 seasons speak for themselves, good, but not good enough. Need fresh horses for Josh, while his prime is still going. Eat the season if necessary, remain high end competitive in the process. I see the playoffs next season, you can bet as long as Josh is in these prime years, they do to.

• Like (+1) 2

Beane is the only Buffalo GM/Coach I have any trust in. Diggs was a bit too much of a poo-poo baby for me. As long as when the other shoe drops it has the foot of a very good receiver in it we are fine. Honestly, even if it doesn’t, the division is ours until it’s not. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Do you guys still have the dead cap hit? If not your GM just made out like a Bandit

Absolutely. Widely reported that Diggs will be the team's largest cap hit for the upcoming season - over $30MM.

14 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Obviously there is more to the story.  This decision could make or break beane and the Bills depending on how he makes up for this loss

Nah, Josh Allen is the important part of the Bills. This year is gonna be a down year due to cap cleanup and the need to get younger and faster. I'm sure it will be used to claim Allen isn't good without Diggs while ignoring the 10 games where Diggs was irrelevant. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Obviously there is more to the story.  This decision could make or break beane and the Bills depending on how he makes up for this loss

You don't needs diggs to be successful bills proved that last year.

Diggs is good but he's going Tyler Lockett 2.0 next year 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

True.  But certainly you could prioritize the factors and the fact he refused answer the question on whether or not Diggs requested a trade could get you to ‘addition by subtraction’ was the #1 reason.  Evidenced by his repeating this trade was in the best interest of the Buffalo Bills.  How can removing 100 catch/1000 yards be in the teams best interest if there wasn’t concerns about the diva mentality and the net affect he could have on a team that lost a number of veterans/leaders.

Beane also said twice - It’s not September.  Dude loves to trade.  Can see him moving up if he thinks the #3 or 4 ranked WR is available.  

58 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Beane also said twice - It’s not September.  Dude loves to trade.  Can see him moving up if he thinks the #3 or 4 ranked WR is available.  

I never put anything past him.

Yet with no 3rd rounder, the trade capital may be lacking, unless you use the extra 2025 2nd from Houston in a package.   Day 3 picks galore but teams want more than that. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Nah, Josh Allen is the important part of the Bills. This year is gonna be a down year due to cap cleanup and the need to get younger and faster. I'm sure it will be used to claim Allen isn't good without Diggs while ignoring the 10 games where Diggs was irrelevant. 

A down year year like 6-6 after 12 games?  I think they’ll be just fine. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Well, with today's bombshell and the possibility that Pegula might still be in town.....maybe GMKA should go see Pegula and propose he has a "bargain" proposal to buyout Jeff Skinner.....for the long term good of the Sabres.  Strike while the iron is hot!!!  🙃

12 hours ago, irregularly irregular said:

5 months before the season starts and lots of things are going to be different.

Way early to be making definitive statements. Let's just wait and see how this is going to play out.

It should be fun to watch.

Maybe GMKA might get an idea of what it takes and how it's done.

11 hours ago, inkman said:

A down year year like 6-6 after 12 games?  I think they’ll be just fine. 

I think they'll have a down year by their standards. 

Edited by LGR4GM