Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

35 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Good luck to the fans that can afford that upfront charge. Catching up with the rest of the NFL, I guess. That's a lot of cash. 

Sure is. I don't imagine that the team is offering financing options?

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sure is. I don't imagine that the team is offering financing options?

They are thru M&T bank. IIRC, it’s a 10 year term. Not sure of the interest rate on the loan though.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

They are thru M&T bank. IIRC, it’s a 10 year term. Not sure of the interest rate on the loan though.

Interesting. I wonder what their collateral is — or maybe this is just a scenario where they take a secured interest in the asset being sold.

22 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. Sneaky good signing.

I don't think some bills fans understand how good Samuel is guy Has been brought down by ***** quarterback all his career .

If You guys add worthy The bills will probably be the fastest team in the league.

Side note: draft Worthy because the chiefs will 

Edited by Buffalonill

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I don't think some bills fans understand how good Samuel is guy Has been brought down by ***** quarterback all his career .

If You guys add worthy The bills will probably be the fastest team in the league.

I admit I’ve only seen him a few times in his college career, but I’ve never been seduced by blazing 40 times in shorts unless he checks every other box. From the scouting reports I’ve read, he only checks the speed box, so color me leery that McBeane are overly impressed.

16 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Waddle, Tyreek, Achane and Mostert would like a word. 

Beane is racking up the 1 year deals for depth players who have played a lot of snaps. Doing his best with the cap constraints. 

The WR draft pool is insanely deep, which is great for a year when the Bills are drafting #28. Fans would lose their minds if they drafted another position in Round 1 but it might happen. 

Combine (Gym short Olympics) speed king Worthy is 165 lbs.  He 's not even the best WR from Texas. We'll see. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Beane is racking up the 1 year deals for depth players who have played a lot of snaps. Doing his best with the cap constraints. 

The WR draft pool is insanely deep, which is great for a year when the Bills are drafting #28. Fans would lose their minds if they drafted another position in Round 1 but it might happen. 

Combine (Gym short Olympics) speed king Worthy is 165 lbs.  He 's not even the best WR from Texas. We'll see. 

Regarding the second point, I almost expect it to happen. All it will take is a bit of a WR run prior to the Bills pick and the usual over-valuation of a couple QB’s. One or two really good non-WR’s will get pushed down and BB won’t reach. If it’s a DL most fans will, indeed, lose their minds. In that scenario I can see Beane making a move up in the 2nd to get a WR he really likes.

Also agree on Worthy. Other than being really fast I don’t believe he has first round WR skills. And of secondary importance, he’d be totally useless in support of the outside run game.

The hip drop tackle rule shoved through solely by the NFL owners without discussing it with others (players, coaches) is beyond absurd. Just make the NFL flag football and move on.

Safety is ALWAYS a legit concern but now arbitrary flags will fly that will probably decide close games. Long delays for reviews.  D players are further handicapped and have no idea how to prevent plays if certain tackling is flagged.  Is it a contact sport or not ?  

5 minutes ago, Night Train said:

The hip drop tackle rule shoved through solely by the NFL owners without discussing it with others (players, coaches) is beyond absurd. Just make the NFL flag football and move on.

Safety is ALWAYS a legit concern but now arbitrary flags will fly that will probably decide close games. Long delays for reviews.  D players are further handicapped and have no idea how to prevent plays if certain tackling is flagged.  Is it a contact sport or not ?  

It seems like every few years, owners see fit to add a rule to prohibit a certain kind of tackling. Some of those rule changes have made sense (horse collaring), but I'm less clear about this one.

It seems like there will be a gray area on whether a tackle was, in fact, a hip drop tackle. Is this something that will be reviewable?

I guess it's up to the coaches to coach the proper technique so that defenders aren't apt to commit the foul.

5 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Have you seen the new kick-off rules? Absolutely bizarre. The NFL is trying to eclipse the NHL on the stupidity scale.

I think they are better than the current rules. Kickoffs had become a non event. Either removing them  completely or tweaking them was the only option 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I think they are better than the current rules. Kickoffs had become a non event. Either removing them  completely or tweaking them was the only option 

I agree. Kickoffs have gotten boring. At least with the new rule, it gives us something more like a running play.  Doesn't bother me and I'd rather see this compared to what we have been getting the last few years.

I agree that the league - assuming they weren't going to do away with them - needed to revamp their kickoff rules.

That said, I guarantee you that my brain's gonna hurt trying to understand what's happening on kickoffs when I go to the stadium next season.

There's something called a Landing Zone?

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I agree that the league - assuming they weren't going to do away with them - needed to revamp their kickoff rules.

That said, I guarantee you that my brain's gonna hurt trying to understand what's happening on kickoffs when I go to the stadium next season.

There's something called a Landing Zone?

I guess they didn’t want jokes about mowing the grass of the landing strip. 

Trying to picture in my head how that will work. As I understand it .... 10 coverage guys from the kicking team are lined up on the receiving team's 40 yard line but the ball is being kicked off from the usual spot 25 yards behind those guys? Very odd. More, or fewer, kick-off returns?

13 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Trying to picture in my head how that will work. As I understand it .... 10 coverage guys from the kicking team are lined up on the receiving team's 40 yard line but the ball is being kicked off from the usual spot 25 yards behind those guys? Very odd. More, or fewer, kick-off returns?

The idea is that there will be more kickoff returns. And that they'll be safer than they were under the old (old) rules. The XFL pioneered the technique -- here's a video clip of it -- as I understand it, the NFL version of this concept will have the kicking team lined up on the receiving team's 40 (and the receiving team lined up no farther than their own 30).

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Is the idea that it's safer because there is less room to reach full speed? Is that increase in safety enough to counter the decrease in safety caused by an increased number of returns?

The new rule is intended to increase kickoff return activity and make it a safer activity. I’m not sure how the increased number of kickoff returns could affect the incidence of injury during kickoff returns. The vote was to approve for only next season — they’ll revisit the issue next offseason.