GDT - 2/10/24 St Louis @ Buffalo - 1pm ABC / ESPN+

inkman

1 minute ago, Kristian said:

I’m just gonna stop blaming the organisation, and flat out blame Pegula.

The common denominator is Pegula.  No one else.  Black, Patty, Murray, JBot, and countless garbage coaches, all long gone.  

• Like (+1) 4

Actually watching this one.  We’re in a quiet little brewery that has the game on, so I am watching. This team is just 0.5-1 sec slower with puck decisions than StL.  And its killing us.

I see enough talent, enough speed.  I see slight hesitation with every frickin puck decision, and it is nearly 100% of the difference, powerplay and 5vs5.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Actually watching this one.  We’re in a quiet little brewery that has the game on, so I am watching. This team is just 0.5-1 sec slower with puck decisions than StL.  And its killing us.

I see enough talent, enough speed.  I see slight hesitation with every frickin puck decision, and it is nearly 100% of the difference, powerplay and 5vs5.

Yup.  When they play well structured teams, even mediocre ones like St Louis and Philly, they take time to think and that hurts them.  They play down to the competition.   

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He does not have an NHL shot at this point. 

Good thing is Reinhart was much the same way: definitely something that a player can improve obviously 

12 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Well thats reassuring. St. Louis 18-1-0 when leading after 2.

Gambler’s fallacy says due!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I have a feeling Ellis survives any purge of the coaching staff, being a Pegula Favorite has its advantages 

How did that happen?  And is it possible that he could be canned for sheer incompetence?

Granato's specialty is supposedly offense, yes? We've seen stunning regression nearly across the board in that department. Why are we keeping him again? They're totally punting this season by sticking with him. Why should anybody pay to go to a game? Why should we as fans give a ***** at this point?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Pretty solid in the 6th last spot now.   A hot streak by Ottawa could see them pass the Sabres though 

what's the tag line this season

We suck the Sack , bring us Mack ....Celebrini

Trade it 

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yup.  When they play well structured teams, even mediocre ones like St Louis and Philly, they take time to think and that hurts them.  They play down to the competition.   

Sabres don’t play down to anyone lol. Sabres are down 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Good thing is Reinhart was much the same way: definitely something that a player can improve obviously 

He will get stronger and yes, he can work on that shot   Still a kid.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.