GDT - 2/10/24 St Louis @ Buffalo - 1pm ABC / ESPN+

inkman

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

7th highest scoring team in the league at 5v5.  They are a plus 6 on the season 

I agree they mirror their coach ... timid and way too nice BUT it's the special teams that has them 10 points and counting out of a playoff spot 

You shouldn't have to rely on special teams to win more games than they have. Yes it is a factor, but the win/lose record is an indicator of a much larger issue than merely special teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I'm not sure what point that makes. 

Reinhart is one of the top scorers in the league.  Sabres would desperately love to have him on their team right now 

Eichel was the top line centre on a cup winner 

Im not going to even consider mitts, or any other guy drafted around 8 with Celebrini 

If you are drafting 8th.  Sure please trade.   If you can trade with lottery protection, then please trade it. 

Just now, Scottysabres said:

You shouldn't have to rely on special teams to win more games than they have. Yes it is a factor, but the win/lose record is an indicator of a much larger issue than merely special teams.

Plus, guess what, last I checked, PLAYERS ALSO PLAY DEFENCE AT 5 V 5!

How’s our goal differential? 

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I'm not sure what point that makes. 

Reinhart is one of the top scorers in the league.  Sabres would desperately love to have him on their team right now 

Eichel was the top line centre on a cup winner 

Im not going to even consider mitts, or any other guy drafted around 8 with Celebrini 

If you are drafting 8th.  Sure please trade.   If you can trade with lottery protection, then please trade it. 

You are making my point; it’s not about the player, it’s about the time frame. It’s about the build 

we do not need this guy at this time 

we don’t need good prospects right now 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Scottysabres said:

They are a positive team 5v5.  I'm not sure what you are saying.  The PP has killed them this year.  If they were avg on the PP, they'd be in the hunt 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.