GDT: Stars @ Sabres - Tue Feb 6, 2024, 7:00 pm ET MSG, ESPN+ BSSWX 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Nothing about the rest of the season matters. We saw who hardly anyone thought they were and I won't let em off the hook!

Are we going to do this again? "Well, they finished really strong."

Well I am going to evaluate the whole season, it matters to me.    I want to see better play from Tage, Tuch, Dahlin, Cozens and Power.  That is our Core right now.  

They don't get points for finishing strong but at least we hope to see a measure of character.   

The goal is still playoffs.   If they miss they failed.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Well I am going to evaluate the whole season, it matters to me.    I want to see better play from Tage, Tuch, Dahlin, Cozens and Power.  That is our Core right now.  

They don't get points for finishing strong but at least we hope to see a measure of character.   

The goal is still playoffs.   If the miss they failed.  

I’m usually with this line of thought but after last seasons late improvement led to absolutely nothing this season, its hard to believe it matters. 

People complain about the attendance at the arena. I know that the Sabres play 41 away games and 41 home games. Maybe less games on Tuesday or Wednesday nights may increase attendance. We rarely see weekend games consistently anymore 

3 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

People complain about the attendance at the arena. I know that the Sabres play 41 away games and 41 home games. Maybe less games on Tuesday or Wednesday nights may increase attendance. We rarely see weekend games consistently anymore 

Who wants to waste their Friday night on a Sabres game? Put out a better product and the arena will be full any time on any day. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Who wants to waste their Friday night on a Sabres game? Put out a better product and the arena will be full any time on any day. 

I remember years ago (maybe decades now) that going to dinner and a game with my lady was a pretty fun date night. Now I have replaced Sabres with theatre so that COULD be a silver lining?

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

I’m usually with this line of thought but after last seasons late improvement led to absolutely nothing this season, its hard to believe it matters. 

It matters for the players.  The problem with this season is Adams, Adams, Adams, and Adams. 

Adams did not get a goalie, again. 

Adams did not improve the defense nearly enough because he did not address the top 4, again.  

Adams did nothing to improve the forwards, which is why an 18 year old 170 pound winger makes the team and has a better 2-way game than the majority of the forwards that were already here.   

Adams also stayed with a sub standard NHL coaching staff after watching his 2nd consecutive AHL assistant coach leave for a position on a contending NHL team.  

The buck stops with Adams.  

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It matters for the players.  The problem with this season is Adams, Adams, Adams, and Adams. 

Adams did not get a goalie, again. 

Adams did not improve the defense nearly enough because he did not address the top 4, again.  

Adams did nothing to improve the forwards, which is why an 18 year old 170 pound winger makes the team and has a better 2-way game than the majority of the forwards that were already here.   

Adams also stayed with a sub standard NHL coaching staff after watching his 2nd consecutive AHL assistant coach leave for a position on a contending NHL team.  

The buck stops with Adams.  

I don’t disagree more fault lies with Adams, but all of our players have regressed since last year’s run to 9th. I don’t have confidence that they won’t similarly regress at the beginning of next season. Yes, this is mostly on KA and Donny, but it’s on the players as well. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I kinda don’t like GDT threads anymore. 

There is a lot of frustration.  The fans hate losing more than the owner, the FO, the coaches, and the players.   The fans have been invested for many decades.  

We need you to help lead the GDT's back to their former glory.   

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

I don’t disagree more fault lies with Adams, but all of our players have regressed since last year’s run to 9th. I don’t have confidence that they won’t similarly regress at the beginning of next season. Yes, this is mostly on KA and Donny, but it’s on the players as well. 

Which is EXACTLY why I am watching Tage, Tuch, Cozens, Dahlin and Power very closely.  I want to see better play, more accountability, and more leadership for the remainder of the season.

Why did they regress?   Injuries?  They could not string 3 career years in a row?  Bad start right from camp?   Bad luck?  All of the above?  

I don't expect them to make the playoffs.  I just want to see if these core guys really give a dam.  

• Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I remember years ago (maybe decades now) that going to dinner and a game with my lady was a pretty fun date night. Now I have replaced Sabres with theatre so that COULD be a silver lining?

I was just thinking how when I was in high school I’d fantasize about going to games with my friends once we were all 21 and having some pops before, during, and after the game. I’m about to move home 14 years later now and I couldn’t care less about catching one. Disappointing to say the least. 

9 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Betting he says nothing and pisses people off 

I mean it’s what these media sessions are for.  Meaningless drivel to satiate some inane need to hear them speak.  I’d prefer to do away with all the nonsense but this is the environment we designed.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

I mean it’s what these media sessions are for.  Meaningless drivel to satiate some inane need to hear them speak.  I’d prefer to do away with all the nonsense but this is the environment we designed.  

He's just gonna blah blah about blah blah blah and that's what we're gonna hear. Blah blah blah. 

No plan to replace Jack. No plan to make the playoffs, nothing. 

12 minutes ago, Weave said:

2 pages In February.  

David Byrne Dancing GIF

Chopping my arm motion.

I confess I was more stoked to see a 40-year-old concert film I'd already seen 30 times in a theater last year than I have been to see any Sabres game this season. (Not last season, though.) The product matters. Also, I haven't yet gone to a game live this season, so there's still time to change this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Chopping my arm motion.

I confess I was more stoked to see a 40-year-old concert film I'd already seen 30 times in a theater last year than I have been to see any Sabres game this season. (Not last season, though.) The product matters. Also, I haven't yet gone to a game live this season, so there's still time to change this.

I could not believe a gif of chopping arm motion wasn’t available when I typed in “same as it ever was”.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.