2024 NHL DRAFT Talk

Spoonman

20 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I happened on a St. Louis Blues draft video last night that made it it clear the Blues used McKenzie’s list to get feel for how the draft was likely to unfold. Which really reinforced to me how valuable this list is.

Even more interesting, the video made it clear that the Blues had a deal in place to trade down to #13 in last year’s draft if their guy (Dvorsky) wasn’t available. He was, so they cancelled the deal.

In case we don’t remember, #13 belonged to the Buffalo Sabres.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Celebrini is a good one. Man did McKenna explode at the U18s can’t believe that kid is 2 years away from being drafted.

I still would like to see the Sabres trade the pick if it isn’t a lottery win. If they don’t trade it and stay at 11 I could see Senneke or Helenius being the guy. I think Iginla goes top 10. Not sure which dman will fall but that could be an option as well.

51 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I wonder what a deal for 1st overall would yield in a trade? Don’t see it often if ever

maybe a trade down has happened 

I don't see one trade out of #1 since 1999 with the whole Sedin twins fenagle 

I would rather trade someone already in our pipeline than trade the 1st rounder. We have a lot of the same thing in our pipeline and I don’t see many difference makers. The pick represents a do-over or new direction (or a stab at drafting another Benson). I would move two of Östlund, Rosen, or Kulich if any team has a love affair with them and wants to send us someone decent. In fact, I could be convinced to move all of them. I wouldn’t move Savoie unless some really wants to overpay. 

Hopefully this thread can stay on track with the assumption the Sabres keep the pick, even if you want them to trade it.  Yes most of us want that , no need to point it out over and over and over again 

back to the actual draft.  I noticed Scott Wheeler had two guys of interest in the slots right around where the Sabres will most likely be picking 

11 Cayden Lindstrom

12  Tij Iginla

6 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Hopefully this thread can stay on track with the assumption the Sabres keep the pick, even if you want them to trade it.  Yes most of us want that , no need to point it out over and over and over again 

back to the actual draft.  I noticed Scott Wheeler had two guys of interest in the slots right around where the Sabres will most likely be picking 

11 Cayden Lindstrom

12  Tij Iginla

Yea but this would involve a lot more control than this place has. 

That said with Lindstrom's size/skill and Iginla's meteoric rise this season, I think both are gone before 11. Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Tij, and Helenius are the 5 I think go. McKenzie put Lindstrom 5 and Tij at 10 but Calgary impo takes Tij. 

Still there's a top 2 and then there's about 7 guys all stacked together, I bet one falls. 

14 hours ago, Thorny said:

I wonder what a deal for 1st overall would yield in a trade? Don’t see it often if ever

maybe a trade down has happened 

No one is trading out of drafting Celebrini. 

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Another benefit of winning the lottery should it come to pass would be the debut of a new, Celebrini based timeline to competitiveness 

I hate you for putting this in my head.

Eichel timeline becomes Dahlin timeline becomes Celebrini timeline…..

nervous biting nails GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

Let's say they win the lottery. What if Adams announces that they would trade the number one pick if whomever takes it also takes Skinner and his entire contract. Would you do it?

25 minutes ago, ... said:

Let's say they win the lottery. What if Adams announces that they would trade the number one pick if whomever takes it also takes Skinner and his entire contract. Would you do it?

No

Here is Adams answer on WGR: On the draft lottery - Barring a surprise lottery victory the 11th pick is absolutely on the table as a trade piece. Knows how valuable it is and how it can help the team get better now. The goal before was to build up the pipeline but their commitment to that in the past gives them added flexibility this year.

• Like (+1) 1