2024 NHL DRAFT Talk

Spoonman

Pronman is a source of draft stuff... that is true. 

His rating of Demidov is utterly bizarre. Putting Silayev at #2 is a thing you could do, you shouldn't but you could. Good news for Sabres' fans is Lidstrom is 8th here and while I think there is almost 0 chance he slides to 8th that would be where Buffalo could grab the physical and talented center. 

Not that anyone cares but here's my top 5

1. Mack Celebrini, he's the #1 guy and that's a lock for me. He's scoring in the NCAA at absurd rates for his age. Won't be 18 until mid June.
  2. Ivan Demidov, he's probably the #2 guy, his scoring and skill are just insane although I think he will need a little time to translate to NA
  3. Artyom Levshunov, you want a big RHD that is physical but skilled enough to run your PP2? Here you go. Perfect 2/3 defender on any team.
  4. Cayden Lindstrom, he's big mean and I think has more offense than he gets credit for. While Catton has more skill, I think Lindstrom's N/S game translates better.
  5. Berkley Catton, lots of skill and will probably be this year's Benson in that he will slide. He's really good though but at 5'11", I bet Sabres fans dismiss him.

I find the 3 defenders (Parekh, Dickson, and Silayev) outside my top 5 as I think all 3 have big holes in their games that bother me enough. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Pronman is a source of draft stuff... that is true. 

His rating of Demidov is utterly bizarre. Putting Silayev at #2 is a thing you could do, you shouldn't but you could. Good news for Sabres' fans is Lidstrom is 8th here and while I think there is almost 0 chance he slides to 8th that would be where Buffalo could grab the physical and talented center. 

Not that anyone cares but here's my top 5

1. Mack Celebrini, he's the #1 guy and that's a lock for me. He's scoring in the NCAA at absurd rates for his age. Won't be 18 until mid June.
  2. Ivan Demidov, he's probably the #2 guy, his scoring and skill are just insane although I think he will need a little time to translate to NA
  3. Artyom Levshunov, you want a big RHD that is physical but skilled enough to run your PP2? Here you go. Perfect 2/3 defender on any team.
  4. Cayden Lindstrom, he's big mean and I think has more offense than he gets credit for. While Catton has more skill, I think Lindstrom's N/S game translates better.
  5. Berkley Catton, lots of skill and will probably be this year's Benson in that he will slide. He's really good though but at 5'11", I bet Sabres fans dismiss him.

I find the 3 defenders (Parekh, Dickson, and Silayev) outside my top 5 as I think all 3 have big holes in their games that bother me enough. 

Lindstrom’s injury situation is interesting. They thought he would be back mid February but is still out of the picture.

Giant Russian DMan is Silayev, Coyotes are already up at the stage just waiting to pick him😛

Outside the top 5 I didn’t see anything the Sabres don’t already have in the system or on the team. That’s why I would put the pick up this year to get a ready now impact player.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I’ve watched Parekh live and I didn’t like his overall vibe. I found him to be cocky and always wanting the puck.

I feel he is like Brandt Clarke, all offense with some background issues.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, inkman said:

Who’s the biggest jerk rated in the top 15?  That’s who the Sabres should target.  Tired of all the niiiiiice players.  I want *****.  😎

Ty. Boucher. 

Sabres don't need a jerk. They need heart, miles and miles of heart. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Why would anyone want to give away a young impact player? 

Might be Reinhart gets so much money in his next deal that Panthers have to let Lundell go. Maurice told the players came to camp and pushed harder than the coaches demanded, well, Lundell is that kind of guy. And Panthers definitely wont let him walk cheap and they will try everything to keep him. But it might be more suitable for them to replace him with a cheaper top prospect. If that is the case, I hope Adams give what they ask for him.

16 hours ago, inkman said:

Why would anyone want to give away a young impact player? 

People ALWAYS value the mystery box, that’s why 

A first round pick ABSOLUTELY pulls in a trade.

Please spare me any impending Lehner comment 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

People ALWAYS value the mystery box, that’s why 

A first round pick ABSOLUTELY pulls in a trade.

Please spare me any impending Lehner comment 

Aren’t they just hoping the pick you give them turns into what they are giving away?  Hence, why would anyone make that deal. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Aren’t they just hoping the pick you give them turns into what they are giving away?  Hence, why would anyone make that deal. 

That’s kind of the meme.

Watched Michigan St beat Michigan in OT. Levshunov is a Stud. 

Strabek looked really good too. Let him cook a little more and they might have something in him.

Watched London play as well. Dickinson is a Stud too.  I like him and Levshunov better than the point producers in Biuim and Parekth.

48 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

No thank you.... need bigger power forward

Guessing you've never watched Iginla play. 

Also, size doesn't equal toughness. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1