GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres 4 pm MSG radio 550 am

bob_sauve28

Is he just mentioned on the broadcast... When Johnson does that, he's risking a penalty or an injury himself... They really can't afford to lose another body on defense right now. 

Really wish another forward Would have stepped up and done the job.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Sabres73 said:

No, the veteran is doing his job - leading the way. You're way overly critical

We are down 3 defensive players now. I appreciate his effort but a forward needed to take that fight. 

• Agree 1

This game is turning into what the Canucks (and Tocchet) want; Intimidate and run the Sabres. Their powerplay is crap so no worries there and you make the Sabres rush their plays when they hear the footsteps coming. This is a Tocchet playbook!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

The response to JT Miller should have Girgs, Greenway, Tuch, TNT, Robinson, Okposo (to really send a message and risk concussion). Anyone older than the age of 25 who isn't a defenseman.

More than one of them. Enough with this.

Just now, Thorny said:

What a BS hit on Dahlin. Absolutely f*cking brutal 

I am usually one of the people who is the hardest on hits to the head. I really don't even care for fighting and hockey and the big hits I don't need.

Do I think that it was dirty... Kind of, but I'm not super fired up about it because he didn't leave his feet or didn't even spring up from a lower position on his knees to raise his upper body.

Do I want to see that stuff in hockey? Nope. Do I think it may be could have deserved a 5 minute penalty? Possibly. But I've seen a lot other stuff besides that hit that never got called.

9 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

He was just calling out a guy that needs to be more assertive. Many feel the same way.

No.  That is not calling him out.    He was actually saying he could take Power by himself.   Which I find to be really incredibly stupid, even if true.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Dunleavy and Ray are correct. This sh*t show is on the refs. Had they made the correct call on the initial head shot, none of this would be happening now.

No it's not. It's on the Sabres for being known league wide as a bunch of kitties who won't step up and defend themselves or their teammates. Stop asking the league to handle business they should be handling themselves.

Why didnt Gretzky ever get elbowed in the head or roughed up in general? Because the Oilers had people who would end you if you did and it was clear that they would actually do it. The Sabres have a collection of plush show ponies.

Edited by Contempt

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.